Tiping pays off

>tiping pays off
imagine being so stupidly americanfag that you thinkg paying morequeals to paying off because someone walked less than 3 feet just with a cup of cofee

Attached: ima.png (838x966, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2016/05/12/pf/joes-crab-shack-ends-no-tipping-policy/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Either way you are going to pay the same.
Without tipping labor costs goes up, food costs go up.
At least with tipping you have a choice on how much.

I stop at move the decimal over. 10% is all you deserve unless you’re a fantastic server

Tipping is for losers I never tip when I eat out and they cant spit in my food cause theyre not the one making it, servers are a joke unless theyre sucking my dick while im eating theyre not doing shit but getting my food.

it looks like there’s still some based americans

TWENTY percent? Fuck off. I give everywhere a standard 10%.

This. If I'm going to do more than the minimum perfunctory amount there'll be a reason for it.

$20 cap for me, I take $1 off for every time they wait around doing noting waiting on only 3 tables on a slow day.

Tipping is designed to line the pockets of the owners, not the waiting staff. That's the funny part.

>Tipping

I really don't want to put down servers, really, I go out every week and I know it's not an easy job, but some of these females/men are making more than people who machine parts that go on aircraft and rockets, on top of that none of that is taxed, it's straight into their pockets which is ridiculous. You compare hourly to some of these high skilled jobs, they make sometimes 2x that. Taking orders that you can write down on a piece of paper, and then bringing them the food, which you didn't create btw, hardly justifies such a tip. FFS this is nothing more than subsidizing cheap employers who refuse to pay you enough. Whatever, I will still tip because I'm not an asshole and I can sometimes see the sadness on the faces of these people.

>on vacation
>never going to visit again
>don't tip
Based and redpilled

>do not go out to eat, if you don't tip 20 %
Does he realize that bankrupting his restaurant won't do him any good?

Tipping was originally developed as a way for men to help out struggling working-class single women. Men tipping other men is ABSOLUTELY homosexual.

i always tip a similar amount, between 1-3 bucks no matter the cost of the meal which i dont understand having anything to do with the tip amount. the only thing that should increase it is the number of people which increases the amount of work they have to do

also if i see mention about trying to be guilted/blackmailed into tipping i mostly dont tip at all and if i see that the tip is automatically added to the total i dont tip any extra either. i tend not to ever go back to the same place since i know what cunts these people are and will "punish" me for giving them free money (but not enough!!)

I went to America last month, ate out a lot, never tipped once.

(Also never ate twice in the same place.)

wtf that's 1.2x

> Do not go out to eat
> Business gets less customers
> Business dies

Sure thing boss.

i used to wait tables so i tip 25-30 recently i had HORRIBLE service, so i tipped 15% the lowest suggested amount on the recipte. the bitch actually took it over to another waitress and complained about the tip... Ill never go back to the resteraunt which is a shame because its priced great and close to my house, but whores are getting entitled. the tip reflects service. you dont just get tipped for being alive you lazy fucking drones.

Also, forgot to mention, when you leave America you can't take the tax from the things you bought back. What a backwards country, really.

Was gravely disappointed (and never tipped anyone).

Tip should include dick sucking if it's going to be that high

yes you can

>Does he realize
No, he doesn't. This is virtue signalling after all.

I only tip strippers, don't ask me for money unless your titties are out.

I tip what I want
Fuck you

Take you in the back and suck your dick?

Attached: image.png (320x240, 56K)

guess im not going to your restaurant
waiters btfo

>2018
>still going to restaurants
Please stop doing this and just let restaurant culture die with the rest of the Boomer memes.

He's right though. Niggers should stay home.

Flat rate tipping. $1 per trip to the table. Nothing for bartenders unless they actually have to mix a drink, opening a beer doesn't deserve anything.

I mean, tipping is something I gladly do, but I don't get the way that Americans tip. If I had a bill like that, and I had a pretty good waiter, at most I'd be tipping it up to 110$. To expect to be tipped proportionally to the price of the food you brought me is absolutely insane.

That’ll get you three fitty added on

20%?! What the fuck is wrong with you burgers? Ever since I was little the standard was 10%.

>visit US
>worried about tipping since you spergs here keep flaming about it
>realize there are SO MANY places to go to I will never run out of new places to go to eat
>never tip and since it's my first time coming to place and I will never return
>never stay around long enough after the meal to see how the wagecucks react to me not tipping
honestly I don't see where the problem is, the people in service industry are the most impotent people around so who gives a shit if they get mad what are they going to do - spit in your food if you bother to ever go back after like 3 months since there are so many options in every city?

Everyone I've ever talked to who has eaten a lot in both the US and Europe say you get better service on average in the US, since theres an incentive to work harder.

somewhere along the lines people began lying and made the standard 10% into 15% and 20%

I'm going to continue doing 10% as I would a delivery person (who arguably does more working driving than a waiter does bringing shit to a table)

It'd be a shame if that vibrant youth over there broke your legs as you walked out of the restaurant, if you pay our security $5 you'll be able to leave without issue.
What? If you can't afford this? Then don't go out to eat.

No there isn't, tipping is expected so the outcome is people will just work less hard if you don't tip.

Also this. I sometimes round things up to the nearest 5 or 10, but never think in terms of percents of the amount.

If you eat together with your 10 co-workers for a total sum of 1000 euros, would you tip 200? That's just plain retarded. I would tip 20 euros at best.

Spbp

Based Dutchman!

Of course meaning if they know you aren't going to tip.

Now that's a good example of so-called bullshit. American service is shitty compared to European.

Why bother? By tipping, you only encourage servers to turn into gurning, contemptible cretins, trying to win your favour with dishonest and annoying amicability. Take my order, deliver my food and fuck off.

Food in SK is cheap and delicious; there is no tipping, no tax. If your bill says $20, you lay down $20 bucks and leave. Back at home and I'm fucking bitter every time I go out to eat now. That's a real red pill

Yet most restaurant owners don't make shit. Most are lucky if their restaurant nets 10% after all is said and done.

If you took away tipping, most servers and bartenders in the industry would quit and be replaced by incompetent retards. And menu prices would go up 20% anyways just so ownership could afford to hire halfway competent retards.

Imagine going to a big dinner and when the chef is ready to serve you bring everyone their plate and then demand thanks for them having a nice meal.

This is Americas brain

Define incompetent waiter. Any waiter is by definition incompetent because they are a waiter.

> replaced by incompetent retards
>replaced by
Not so fast.

>Order two eggs scrambled, side of bacon, coffee, water, 10$, server brings you four things in two trips, 2$ tip

>Order filet mignon, side of caviar, Dom perignon and water, 75$, server brings you four things, 15$ tip

For what fucking purpose? The service is the exact same. The cooks don't even see tips, they get paid a regular wage

He demands payment like everyone else. Why does tipping baffle foreigners so much. Do servers in your country work for free? Or is their wage added directly to the cost regardless of the service they give you?

15 percent is a standard but there are states that dont have to pay servers an hourly wage they expect you to earn tips so they are literally reliant on tips to live

everywhere in Canada and many European Nations is paid a flat hourly wage.
Canadians tip 15 percent even tho they are paid hourly

I never tip at restaurants and I usually go back to those restaurants to. Sure I get shitty glares but I just complain to the manager and then the waiters know their place.

But then again, i'm Chinese so people expect me to be a cheap bastard anyways.

I'm ridiculously generous when I tip and I feel like such a sucker every time.. I actually bust my ass and work hard for my money, waiting tables barely seems like work to me in comparison. Yet I'll fork over an hour of my pay earned doing hard, physical, productive labor to somebody for them to spend 10 minutes of their time bringing me a drink, a couple plates of food, and perhaps a refill or two. That's on top of the cost of the overpriced food I'm paying for.. I really just need to start strictly getting take out.

I tip one dollar.

Stop being a jew and read this
Btw, I always tip 15 percent, but if I get great service is a 20

20% is an extravagant tip, like for a date

Exactly. The only difference is the US customer pays what they feel the service is worth rather than being told what to pay because the flat hourly wage is included in all food costs.

20% tip. She better be giving handies under the table if she wants strip club money.

Why I should tip? So some single mom can afford her heroin shot for tonight?

>go to a bar
>ask the waiter for a bottle of Dom Perignon
>bottle is priced at $400
>now you have to tip the waiter $80 to bring over a bottle of wine

Next time I am in America, remind me to buy the cheapest and heaviest food items with regular requests for table water

He already got hired to work for the restaurant, just supposed to do his job. No need for tipping. This is ridiculous.

>tipping

Literally subsidizing their job so Noseberg can pocket more money. Fuck off.

The reason there are so many places to go is because of tipping you fucking retard.

This.

Thank you for tipping generously and subsidizing my next meal.

Good boy.

Surprised an Aussie lacks class...

Yes, in most civilized nations, the restaurant owners pay their waiters a decent wage. No, that does not lower the quality of service. In fact, it forces the waiters to maintain a level of quality lest he/she is willing to risk being replaced by the 50 or so odd people waiting to take their place.

Yeah the chef demands payment, which you pay. And then the waiter demands payment, which you also paid in the original payment. Then the waiter demands payment again.
Why are you tipping the waiter when the chef did all the work?

Surprised the world's richest nation has poverty problems

this tipping shit is retarded
what is it with burgers and not ever disclosing actual prices?

>class
Yeah because being a commie and subsidising other people with my hard earned money is classy! Just because you don't have a good job doesn't mean I should have to pay extra for you to use your monkey hands to open a beer or bring me some food you didn't even have the skills to cook.

Sounds pretty shitty tbqh. I like the system we have here giving the customer some options. Maybe you roo fuckers get the same mediocre service everywhere you go but I definitely see a difference in quality between places where tips are accepted and places where they are not. See the thing is a good waiter or bartender can earn a lot more than some basic service sector wage per shift if they're any good because of tips.

>Then times it...

GRAWWWWWWWFFFFFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

>be cook at resturant
>servers are constantly talking and hanging around
>run out of space to pit the food becasue they take too long to get it
>come into my area and complain about being bored and how hot it is in the kitchen
>covered in burn scars and cuts
>they make like 3 times as much as i do

Anybody else come across the phenomenon of dumb fuck waitresses that constantly complain about how hard their job is? It's insanely common. The worst part is you know they get treated and tipped well by the vast majority of their customers, but they act like the occasional asshole or time they get stiffed on a tip makes their incredibly simple tasks into one of the most stressful and difficult jobs you can have.

>which you also paid in the original payment.
Its not in the US. In most places anyway.

>20%
Kek, I'd rather get the food myself than pay some retard 20 bucks for a 10m walk.

I always get better service when abroad.

Hmmmm if only there was a way to earn money more consistently

hmmm like what if there was a system in place like hmmmmmmmm

like what if there was this manager or boss or whoever that payed their employees hmmmmmmm

like what if they payed you instead of having to rely on tips hmmmmm

hmmmm is there such a thing as working at a place without having to be tipped?

Attached: minimal hmm.jpg (859x700, 23K)

>times it by 2
Who the fuck says this

op is a memeflaggot

Attached: goes in the field.jpg (400x600, 54K)

then just continue eating fast food

Worth mentioning the food is proportionally about the same price too going by eatery tiers.
Except when foods that are common in the US are considered specialty dishes in the other country, then again that goes the same way here at home.

Oh I understand
I my tipping is relative too

The entitlement attitude, as in OPs pic, is what really gets me. Makes me never want to tip another waiter in my life.

Incompetence to me would be one who doesn't take the time to learn the menu, doesn't suggestively upsell, can't anticipate guests needs, doesn't give indivilualized service, doesn't take the proper steps to make things right should something go wrong.

Restaurants spend so much money on advertising but the best advertising they'll ever recieve is word of mouth. A competent server or manager makes sure guests leave happy.

Um, they can get paid at an hourly rate as in a large percentage of jobs in our country?

You don't have to tip, it's all just etiquette, like how drivers agree there is a "fast lane" on the freeway even though there is legally no such thing. But yes it is still retarded, essentially the consumer is subsidizing service employee wages because the company that hired said employee is too fucking garbage to take care of their people adequately.

> I like the system we have here giving the customer some options
>options
>"pay me 20% or more on top of the advertised price!!"

Those aren't options. That's just shitty business.

The answer is staring you in the face....Become a server

money.cnn.com/2016/05/12/pf/joes-crab-shack-ends-no-tipping-policy/index.html

do they also expect foreigners to tip?
like if I come to the US and eat out, will I get stoned for not tipping?

Yeah I just don't go to restaurants when I visit America. The food is inferior, the portions smaller and the price higher, tax is not included and then I am expected to tip at the end. Insanity.

Yeah nah, I just lived out of Maccas, Jimmy Jacks and Moby Dicks until I had enough to cook with.

Attached: 1542506737523[1].png (855x1200, 1.12M)

Yes.

>go to Japan
>even the cheapest restaurants are top notch
>impeccable food, service and hospitality
>no tip needed
>no tipping anywhere

Attached: 1536116788629.png (351x341, 46K)

>tax is not included
in restaurants too? I thought it was just shart marts
why do they even do this in the 1st place?
but I can shoot them though right?

>tax is not included
y tho

Attached: 1iv1m0.jpg (215x250, 8K)

Its good business if you like service that isn't nigger tier. Granted results may vary.