Why people won't buy AMD products?

Whenever I talk to my friends and or coworkers they always mention their Intel powered machines and if I try to tell them that AMD has very good products they always say that AMD runs hotter and slower.
Is there a way AMD can change this?

Attached: poo.png (409x123, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect
youtu.be/X53Zdsm4UWA?t=23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

Attached: shiny-1st-gold-drawing_csp2739714.jpg (450x470, 17K)

Idk but in my experience the Intel CPUs I’ve owned have better virtualization performance than AMD despite having better specs on paper (mid range cpus)

On the other hand my sister has a laptop with an i3 and it’s brutal to use.

>Is there a way AMD can change this?

If they put out fast laptops with 10+ hour battery life they probably could.

Maybe create actual good products instead of cheap trash? Just saying ...

Ryzen is just okay. Their gpus are shit.

Desktop Ryzen is better in nearly every metric except one, and we now know that is severely threatened by the 3000 series.

Raja sabotaging RTG like an entitled child while pushing absolute garbage for hardware and whining about how he can't get more pajeets to come work for AMD is pretty cathartic in hindsight. His threats to quit and go join intel then doing that after he was shit canned for failing to deliver on anything.

Now that he's running things over in Intel-land trying to hype up 10nm and hyping up intel fan boy GPU drawings like a proud parent posting their child's shitty art. The hype doesn't stop. Using reddit as a focus group was funny to watch unfold as well. They are going to be desperate for mindshare. Especially with Intel drivers being worse then early aughts AMD. I hope Intel fan boys are ready for snake oil and disappointment.

There's no reason to use Intel at all in the server or desktop space.

I don't like running my air conditioner in winter when using my GPU.

I'm going to upgrade cpu when 3k series comes out, 2600k is kinda slow at this point. 1070 ti will be upgraded when high end navi comes out.

youtu.be/X53Zdsm4UWA?t=23

Because they will experience things like this. Even if it's not true in 2018, this is the quality of previous products were dogshit.

>all my Jow Forums shilling doesn't have an effect in real world
>g-guys what do?!
Accept that other than peddling your ideology on an anonymous image board you wont make any other difference than generate a couple of yous

Amd products suck ass

AMD didn't hire your marketing research agency to find solutions by shitposting on Jow Forums. dude, this is just low. this isn't what they are paying you for.

>Especially with Intel drivers being worse then early aughts AMD

Intel had a working opencl 2.0 implementation before AMD. AMD's drivers are still awful and the worst of the 3 by any metric. Intel's problem is purely in a shit-tier hardware that's no joke weaker than the tiny GPUs you find in flagship phone SoCs. Intel might catch up to current phone SoCs like the Snapdragon 845 with their next generation, only to be left behind by the next gen Snapdragon and Apple SoCs.

>improve their suck ass inter-ccx latency
>support more high frequency ram
that's it

deluded

Release the Vega 2 for $499
Oh wait.

>hotter
that's what they had it mind since the bulldozer fiasco. probably your friends and co-workers aren't aware of the Ryzen series. you also gotta hand it to Intel for their marketing efforts to remind people to go Intel..

amd shitty on laptops what?, vega is amazing, you people are scary.

I'd love to buy AMD products. Sadly in the graphics card department AMD aren't competing in the performance segment I'm purchasing for, which is 4K 60FPS. The only option is a 2080 Ti, as horrendously overpriced as it is. Or a Titan RTX I guess, but that one is so overpriced it hardly deserves being mentioned at all.

On the CPU side I'm still hanging on to a 4790K. I want to upgrade, but current Ryzen isn't quite good enough and Intel also has enough problems to be unappealing, so I have all my hope riding on Zen 2/Ryzen 3000. I hope that shit is good since I want to buy one.

cringe