What's the deal with cybercrime?

What's the deal with cybercrime?

Attached: 1540923329804.png (416x500, 38K)

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH CYBERCRIME?

Attached: 552334830.jpg (800x599, 53K)

It's crime... but cyber. Send BTC.

Crime for people too weak and pathetic for real crime

Attached: 1535560746046.png (579x440, 247K)

crime, but for nerds

cybercrime is nice if you have either skills or money for a team and zerodays. otherwise it's not as profitable as a legal business

It's the only criminal endeavor where a single person can make a great deal of money without risking physical safety.

>zero days
>team effort
The majority of zero days are discovered by a single person with a fuzzer. You only hear about the ones produced in academia or private security firms because they're quick to publish for more funding and notoriety. Publishing pissing contests

Plenty of white-collar crimes that don't risk your physical safety.
WTF are you talking about.

you get caught and go to prison, or you don't get caught and live the rest of your life with paranoia.

It's pretty good, why?

it is not real cyber is no real just fucking turn off the computer.

This. Automated vulnerability detection is a game changer, but WAY too powerful for the public. Everything has security holes. If IDA is hard to get ahold of, a good fuzzer or vulnerability analyzer is a gold-crusted Nazi moon base.

You're right, that was a bit of an over statement. There are plenty of white-collar crimes that don't involve physical endangerment. I guess what I was trying to say was that cyber crime allows the most abstraction. Anyone, given a certain technical skillset or the intelligence to gain the required skillset, can mount an effective, long-term lucrative criminal endeavor with little to no "touch time" on the victim.

I think you may be having a stroke fren. Where are you, I'll call emergency services

>If IDA is hard to get ahold of, a good fuzzer or vulnerability analyzer is a gold-crusted Nazi moon base
What do you mean?

Could you recommend any fuzzing tools?

It really depends on the application. I'm primarily a embedded pen tester. I go after the binaries, so I generally use AFL and WinAFL. That's by no means a endorsement of AFL over any other fuzzer, AFL was simply the first one I used and have the most experience with. There are many to choose from. I'd start out researching based on application (web, binary, etc.). Pick one and get really good at it. Really good. Then choose another if you're so inclined. The pitfall is the choice: people spend an inordinate amount of time researching the differences in the tool, not the tool itself, thus wasting time they could be using becoming proficient in the art of bug hunting.

Thanks for the info, user

is that louis rossman

Also, before your get ball deep in a bug hunting tool rabbit hole, I'd suggest reading at least two of the following:
>a bug hunters diary
>the shellcoders handbook
>the art of exploitation
The first two are substantial reads, but absolutely worth the misery. The last is quite technical, but doable given knowledge of C and high level assembly.

Is it a CyyYYBER, or is it a CRRrrIIME?!

Attached: EMvV6hZFCmDa5QjS6J8GKj-970-80[1].jpg (970x545, 63K)