What will the next iPhone cost?

What will the next iPhone cost?

I have no intention of buying one but given the current state of apple products and their pricing compared to that of Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi which are all beginning to spread into western markets, I can't see how apple can keep any kind of decent market share into the next few years without releasing a flagship phone at 2/3 or 3/4 the cost of the last two.

Does anyone else think Apple's next flagship phone might go for the same price as a used iPhone Xs Max?

I bought a Mi Mix 3 a few weeks ago in Vietnam, a week after my wife bought an iPhone Xs Max and she said she'd never buy an Apple phone again.

I see this happening more each year and now that these chinese owned companies are becoming known brands in the western world, I think it'll only become more common.

What's apples next move to retain market share?

And I know Samsung/pixel are also pretty expensive but I think their prices are only high because all the need to do is be cheaper than an iPhone and they'll catch a large share of anti-iPhone users.

Attached: 3-appleceotimc.jpg (512x336, 6K)

Too much

That was my point. But I assume tl;dl

>I can't see how apple can keep any kind of decent market share

Apple has never cared about market share. It only cares about making great products and lots of money from selling said products.

If you're looking for a cheap phone, then by all means enjoy your Chinkphone.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1535619359814.gif (540x540, 279K)

>It only cares about making lots of money from selling said products.
Fixed.

Attached: 1522863913634.jpg (1500x959, 319K)

>Apple don't care about selling a lot of products. They just want to sell a lot of products.

What is business?

>great products
Yeah maybe 15 years ago
>lots of money from selling said products.
This is Tim Cook Apple’s goal and it’s starting to collapse

>Yeah maybe 15 years ago
That was wrong even 30 years ago.
Apple was, and always has been, about selling shiny poorly made toys to gullible morons.

Attached: 1519702007684.png (686x955, 420K)

Typical specsheet-obsessed tech dweeb.

Also what happened to the watermark in the last picture?

>What's apples next move to retain market share?
The same as always, keep a walled garden where it's much easier to use an apple watch or airpods with an iphone, and people love iMessages and don't want to lose it. Make extra money with subscriptions to iCloud, and encourage that by charging out the ass for memory on iphones, tablets, and laptops.

It's not a strategy that will win new customers for sure. They thought they had China in the bag, and now China is lost to them. And India will be lost to them too. But they will be able to hold onto their Western customers for a while now.

Certainly there is no android or windows tablet that is as functional and fast as the ipad, especially concerning apps. Ipad STILL has the best apps.

I do think Apple is going to die a slow death due to lack of innovation and them just trying to grab what they have instead of reaching for more.

"Selling a lot of products" isn't the same as "selling the most products."

Apple 30 years ago and Apple 15 years ago were different companies just as Apple today and Apple 15 years ago were different companies.

>1985: APPLE IS DOOMED
>1995: APPLE IS DOOMED
>2005: APPLE IS DOOMED
>2015: APPLE IS DOOMED

Nice strawman

Chinese only care about WeChat, that's why the iPhone isn't as sticky there as in the West.

OP here. Can someone explain iMessage to me? Does the US still not have free SMS or fb messenger?

WeChat is based

SMS is free but it's extremely basic and is not at all private. iMessage is popular because it's seamlessly integrated right into the built-in Messages app alongside SMS. It's enabled by default and doesn't require an account to use.

Most people actually use WhatsApp as it's cross-platform.

Idk, but I "upgraded," to a $60 Nokia 1 this year with android go and it's honestly the best phone per dollar you could ask for. I'm never paying more than a hundred bucks for a phone again.

Hopefully at least $1,500.

>different companies

Attached: 1525112581995.jpg (656x611, 76K)

Glad to see Apple staying true to their roots.

Attached: 1532862761285.png (918x720, 520K)