Are thinkpads a good investment? should i be acculumating?

are thinkpads a good investment? should i be acculumating?

Attached: C00C9A94-7259-4216-B29E-27C4005C539F.jpg (425x437, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7200U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2540M/m153577vsm1616.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

yesb thinkpads are cheap and durable little machines.
hold a thinkpad by the corner of the screen and it won't break.

You should try to grab all the cheap W500 up to W530 machines you can find.

Some day they may be useful to have around.
But only if you get them cheap.

W500 is starting to get a little slow but it is still usable, it has 2GHz+ core2 duo CPU from the 2009s. This can have Intel GPU or AMD or Nvidia.

W510 is a lot faster, it has quad CPU of the first intel i7 generation. These will have Nvidia GPU which is removable.

W520 and W530 are very fast quad machines of i7 generation 2 and 3. They have removable Nvidia GPU:s too but not compatible with W510 but W520 and W530 GPUs can be switched around.

no laptop has ever been broken that way

>investment

>But only if you get them cheap.
what’s cheap? is $180 usd cheap?

Dont.
We need them

no mass produced items are investments.

i bought two extra T440ps to stash away so i never have to worry about it

checked, but false.
comic books, gold bullions, bitcoin.

Attached: 1519322481639s.jpg (125x122, 2K)

Wouldn't do this with the X220/X230 the housing on the lid are prone to cracking at where they put the seam above the Lenovo and Thinkpad logo.

That piece is plastic because of the radio signals. I usually hold it on the lower left corner (palmrest) but that's cracked now. Good thing replacing any part is cheap and easy.

Don't be a fucking jew. Don't accumulate, thinkpads are for work. Let people have their thinkpads

If you want to be a collector collect meme tech, like macs

No, I sold mine lol

Have literally done this to a X220 and broke the screen top kek

>These will have Nvidia GPU which is removable
They aren't removable. You're thinking of the CPU.

Also anything before the W520 is trash because of no optimus. Completely destroys idle battery life.

Also, if you are going to buy one, make sure it has the FHD screen.

this
Except I fell on mine. Still pretty durable besides that corner. Using that same machine right with.

Some cumlord will hoard the thinkpads and resell them to the Jow Forumsentoomans for exorbitant prices

Only good for Windows 7 and Gentoo.

They were like two years ago, but now it's almost 2020, first/second/third gens of i3/i5 laptop cpu's are becoming obsolete.

Obsolete for what? It's a 23% increase in benchmarks from 2nd gen to 7th gen. cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-7200U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2540M/m153577vsm1616. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen cpus are still perfectly fine. If you're doing something extreme get a fucking desktop.

Have literally done this to a T520 and it suffered no damage.

> acculumating
No. what nonsense is that. Every tech piece loses its value over time. It's a good way to save money and a good tool.

>thinkpads a good investment
no I don't think they will go up in value user

He meant horizontally and while opened.