Would you ditch AMD/NVIDIA and buy an Intel GPU?

pcgamer.com/intel-revamping-its-control-panel-for-integrated-graphics-speaks-to-a-larger-strategy/

Attached: Screenshot_20190118-230023.png (2048x1135, 361K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1661681
extremetech.com/computing/82264-why-wont-ati-support-cuda-and-physx
twitter.com/intelnews/status/1006592543201480706
youtube.com/watch?v=1blVVZqg4RE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Evens, it will be a technical flop
Odd, it will price itself out of the market

How many security vulnerabilities would it have?

Or maybe a better question: What would Intel have to deliver for you to buy an Intel GPU?

I just want intel to buy AMDs graphics division so I don't have to see you faggots memeing fine wine anymore and desperately damage controlling by posting current benchmarks for 3 year old cards in an attempt to convince yourselves that you made the right choice.

>t. Pajeet
i'll bite. basically the same performance that AMD and nvidia can offer at the same prices, or lower. is it really not obvious?

Unless any of you do things aside from gaymen, none of you are going to buy Intel GPUs. Drivers that work for just about every single videogame out there are black magic witchery, there is so much to be done per program that it's not even funny.

Even if it doubled AMD's performance I wouldn't buy it, and neither should anyone else. Their cards will only be good for compute and productivity anyway, not games. Buying Intel would just mean they would do the same shitty anti-competitive crap like gimpworks and g-sync. Worse yet, Intel is likely to sabotage the aforementioned productivity programs, too. Let's hope they actually lose the CPU market to AMD first - something that is unlikely, as demonstrated by the near-Applefag like cult following of Intel and Nvidia. You can place your bets on a better future, or you can support anti consumer practices today.

The only metric people care about is fps in games vs price. People will go "people buy nvidia no matter what". That's only because they will always price their cards to be the best performance for the price, no matter what.

So Intel could release something that beats nvidia. Nvidia just lowers the price on their equivalent GPU and then people keep buying from them.

Attached: 1490461294475.jpg (1280x720, 317K)

This. No one gave a shit about hairworks/physx/RTX or any of the dumb tacked on "technologies" that come with GPUs. The only thing that matters is performance, and to many more consumers price/performance.

There are people that want the latest and greatest no matter what the cost, and then there are people that want the greatest deal for the performance they're getting. For Intel, they have to deliver on performance first and foremost to even make a name in the GPU space.

>inb4 Intel offers an expensive, power-hungry, underperforming card and try to justify its price with some inane technology that no one asked for, like reducing latency on vram

>they will always price their cards to be the best performance for the price
1050ti

>be vidya maker
>finish game
>send game to Nvids n amd so they can make sure their drivers work with my game
???
And another thing, intel has been making gpus for years, and their drivers are fine

1060 3gb.

1060 6gb

970 3.5gb

I allreay did that years ago.

Let's wait for Intel to actually deliver a GPU before we go having this discussion.

it will be both.

Probably not unless Intel proves that it's actually better, and more useful than nvidia GPUs.

This. Intel almost always does this.

I would never buy an AMD GPU

>Let's hope they actually lose the CPU market to AMD first - something that is unlikely, as demonstrated by the near-Applefag like cult following of Intel and Nvidia
>near-Applefag like cult following of Intel
I don't think it's a problem. Sure, normies don't follow technology and most probably don't know what's going on with Ryzen but the biggest factor is that most people buy cheap stuff and change it very rarely. Most people have a laptop with Intel processor because Ryzen laptops are coming out only now (and they don't have a desktop because they are normies). Most people will change a laptop (or PC) every 3-6 years. I think Intel might possibly find a response to Ryzen in that time.

I'm not expecting much. Singles means it flops. Dubs means it does okay. Trips means Intel offers a high end GPU. Quads means Intel will absolutely decimate Nvidia and rule the GPU market for the next 10 years.

Based and redpilled

still waiting on Novideo to revamp their god aweful control panel

Only if it's really good and price-competitive. At least Intel has good drivers on Linux so it's already a better choice than NVIDIA's poop.

If it works well and isn't overpriced.

Bonus if it doesn't require external power.

Nvidia is to GPU's what HK is to guns. Lowering their prices isn't somehting they do

>inb4 meldown - spectre GPU eqivalent

no
unless it's actually good value for the price
so most likely "no"

Holy shit how can someone be this retarded? What do you think gameworks is? Why do you think there was a giant lake under a concrete street in a certain game?

Maybe, but i would prefer a modern competitive PowerVR card.

reason why AMD and nVidia is so good is because they only create silicone. I'm 100% sure that if Intel will create GPU they will just sell it at their own brand in their own fabs making it inherently not worth it.

Silicon.

They'll pull ahead of AMD because they stole the entire Radeon leadership but they'll be behind Nvidia.

I don't know.
What I do know is that more competition in the gpu market would be nice.

This. No one should buy shit based on branding. If it's a good product maybe why not? I hope they deliver something good so that there's more competition

Why do non programmers think that there's perfect software? I bet you never wrote a single line of code yet you feel entitled to make fun of a single bug in a game. This board is pathetic

>Why do you think there was a giant lake under a concrete street in a certain game?

Because it's literally how their engine tools worked you retard. It just shows how fucking dumb and underage AMDfags are. Anyone who tried the Cryengine SDK at the time would tell you that the map editor has an ocean by default and at the time you needed specific commands to disable it. The map designers either forgot about it or it didn't have the functionality to completely remove the ocean at the time the game shipped, AND it would be culled by any game engine at the time under normal operation because it was out of site, they had to go into a debug render mode to render it out. Culling is one of the most basic render optimizations known since like the 90s. It was a literal nothing burger turned into a conspiracy to defend the fact that AMD's hardware was shit at a basic task that MS and both AMD and Nvidia had been shilling out the ass, AMD even earlier with their proprietary tessellation solution that was DOA because they didn't support it.

there is always an excuse with AMD, it's always the fault of other companies, other developers, customers, solar flares....really anything besides AMD, amd on the other hand literally has no fault.

I dunno if I can (or others) break the mindset that Intel = the integrated backup graphics you use for emergency graphics card failures so you can still use the computer to buy the new graphics card.

yes if it's more efficient than the 1050 ti by 2x

Shut up you faggot, nobody cares about muh consumer practice meme.

Attached: tmEMSBCoAAz6P5cw6MP6Qo.jpg (1317x1028, 245K)

Listen. AMD would do the same if they were at the same position Intel and Nvidia has been at for so many years now. Intel is about to get fucked though.

I buy what the mid-high components like a 1070 and 2700X (current build btw). I dont care what company it comes from. I didnt buy a GSync monitor for that reason at it limited my freedoms and now Im glad I didnt fall for it.

Brand loyality is what makes companies like Apple & Supreme & Gucci, poor overpriced products.

But do as you wish. I just want all consumers to buy the product for the product and not the brand. If best korea made the best gpus I would buy them.

Reroll for double verification

Easy. Less racial discrimination against white and East asian men.
If they stopped hating me for my race I'd consider buying something from them.

t. Elliot Rodger

>He doesn't want to be treated like shit so he must be a bad person

intel fucked your mom???

I personally doubt that would make you buy it. seeing amd/ati vs nvidia, matching has never been good enough for amd. even when amd was slightly ahead that still wasn't good enough.

nvidia has such a strong mindshare that nvidia can get away with barging into your house and raping you, your mother, father, dog, cat, sister, and shitting all over your face and people would still say SHUTUP AND TAKE MY MONEY. hell, people still held on to their nvidia cards with their cold dead hands, let alone went out there and bought new cards even though they couldn't use gsync and just bought freesync displays for the HOPE nvidia would adopt it... which nvidia now has done after FIVE FUCKING YEARS.

intel would have to come out with a card that utterly, anally, face shitting destroys nvidia and doesn't even bat an eye at amd. complete revolutionary performance that changes the landscape for decades to even gain 5% of the marketshare from nvidia.

Attached: 1546881706378.jpg (640x863, 86K)

CVE-2018-6247, CVE-2018-6248, CVE-2018-6249, CVE-2018-6250, CVE-2018-6251, CVE-2018-6252, CVE-2018-6253 ?

I licked a negro once

so i can get fucked in the ass AND eat the cum too? sign me up!

Pooduri just got done tanking another graphics division, Intel doesn't stand a chance

i hope it will be open source.

some of that comes from the nature of the hardware/technology field.
Ford doesn't design and build test tracts that favor Ford cars, then test drive competitor cars with employees working for Ford subdivisions paid by the Ford parent company, then publish the findings in a magazine page splashed with Ford ads.

>Let's hope they actually lose the CPU market to AMD first - something that is unlikely, as demonstrated by the near-Applefag like cult following of Intel and Nvidia.
the same person says
>Even if it was twice as good as AMD's performance I wouldn't buy it, and neither should anyone else.
Truly the world has no hope

>having a system with AMD CPU and intel GPU
what a time to be alive

he kinda proved my point, to shill myself here:

intel will be fighting not just an up hill battle, but an up hill battle in space with no jet pack. stuck in a free fall spinning out of control.

If they were about equal, I'd drop nvidia for intel. I wouldn't drop amd for them unless they rendered the competition inferior.

>Would you ditch AMD and buy an Intel GPU?
Depends. If it's strictly only an iGPU but with dGPU hardware (as in, it continues to have good libre drivers on GNU/Linux with lots of features but actually can perform,) maybe. If it does all that AND has superior power savings to AMD, I'd consider it heavily. If it has anything remotely resembling IME, or does some horseshit where you can use it with an AMD CPU but it's a highly inferior experience to running Intel/Intel, then they can blow me. My expectations are rock bottom after dealing with IME and vPro for years, and knowing their track record, I can rest assured knowing I'll probably be right.

Attached: 1547402634619.jpg (365x363, 104K)

>even when amd was slightly ahead that still wasn't good enough.
Not good enough for fanboys and drones maybe, I got amd when it was better than nvidia.
Yet now the retards are telling me that the attitude for the masses which is "buy based on what company you like" rather than "buy what is best performance/price for your needs" is the way to go.
You don't beat retarded with retarded but apparently they looked at nvidiots and though they need to emulate them as much as possible. Except they went overboard and are now More cancerous than nvidiots.

Nvidia didn't design the levels or the cryengine either. All they did was sponsor the DX11 renderer, but the water is in the map by default. The DX11 mode just added tessellation to most of the assets, and AMD's drivers already had tessellation optimization anyway, as did Nvidia IIRC. AMDfags went on a rampage saying it was an evil conspiracy, even though the Crytek guys always made and adjusted everything by hand on their end, they didn't even use any nvidia middleware like physx, unlike other studios, they presumably just got technical support from Nvidia for dx11.

It'd be more like if Ford sponsored and helped some 3rd party engineering firm, which already has a track record for designing cutting-edge, car destroying tracks, and then Toyota fanboys going nuts and claiming Ford sabotaged toyota because Toyotas handle like shit. (This is just an analogy not reality). Crysis was chewing up high-end cards for several generations with some ridiculously expensive effects, but when Crysis 2 comes out with DX11 and pushes it to 11 again it's a shock? It's about as dumb as claiming unigine was sabotaging AMD for overusing tessellation in the Heaven benchmark.

It has to beat Nvidia in some capacity, either more performance for the same price or close performance for noticably less. AMD GPU's just aren't a consideration at the moment.

Also if there's anything off about them like their CPU spyware then that's a no-go regardless, wouldn't put it past Intel to subsidize pricing with data gathering openly being a part of their driver.

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 38K)

no. amd is the only sane option on linux

>Why do you think there was a giant lake under a concrete street in a certain game?

????

Intel discrete GPUs won't be relevant in the consumer space for 5 years from its launch.

GREEN AND BLACK 'TILL DEATH DO US PART

Funny you should say that. Just tested a new PC today, couldn't load the video firmware. bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1661681
I believe Linux could do better than offering the best experience like this.

But ATI held like 40% marketshare vs. nvidia. Until AMD got rid of Raja the first time and created GCN they were doing perfectly fine. AMD buying ATI killed ATI. They downsized, they sold off the entire mobile division and IPs, and stopped investing in R&D. AMD was a toxic company with pisspoor management.

a groundwater level has been common in game engines since the dawn of gaming my zoomer children.

it's so that you can get somewhat realistic lakes, rivers, marshes and puddles simply by depressing the topology.

Currently, I don't have money to buy anything.
But I would go for AMD as Intel lost my trust after that "buy a 4Gb video card but only gets 3,5GB"

Old games used bounding boxes to establish a completely empty area with no geometry, then you would box your area in and then add a skybox outside to create the illusion of a trapped world (i.e. cs 1.6 and CS:S). Groundwater was started by either Crytek or someone from Ubisoft when voxel based terrain editors were getting hot in the mid 2000s. But it was definitely around before Crysis 2, the issue was that when they added DX11 the tessellation option tessellated everything including the ocean, which caused a meltdown with little to no evidence of sabotage.

AMD fanboys are fanatical to the next degree. Anyone remember the JF-AMD fiasco? An official rep of AMD who even ran the blog lied out the ass to hype up bulldozer, all the while AMD quietly stepped down the performance figures every time they mentioned bulldozer until it was down to nothing. What did amdfags do? REEE JF-AMD IS SABOTAGING AMD AMD WOULD NEVER LIE TO US. When he left the company? I KNEW IT REEEE HE WAS A PLANTED SPY AND FIRED. The fanbase was always obnoxious as shit and talked out the ass all the time, at least back then they stayed in their corner of OCN but now it's fucking everywhere parroting the same old bullshit.

Same bullshit with CUDA and physx

extremetech.com/computing/82264-why-wont-ati-support-cuda-and-physx

>nvidia says it'd only be pennies per GPU, no one at AMD has even tried to discuss licensing it even though Nvidia put it on the table
>AMD says they believe in open standards, all the way co-sponsoring Havok which was bought out by INTEL of all companies just a few years prior and was always proprietary
>Oh, nvidia doesn't seem very open for collab even though we've literally never talked to them about any of it. Also here's some shoddy hardware specific API we provide 0 developer support for, haha go fuck yourselves software devs
>REEEE FUCKING NVIDIJEWS HORDING ALL THE PRECIOUS CUDA FOR THEMSELVES REEE HOW DARE THEY TRY TO GET ROYALTIES

>Would you buy the GPU offering the best price/performance?
Absolutely and if that happens to be Intel then yes, I'd totally buy one.

I absolutely do not expect that to happen. Intel will probably release some up-scaled version of their iGPU on a dedicated card. They seem to be slowly facing out iGPUs (noticed how they just released some CPUs identical to existing products but without the iGPU at the SAME PRICE?). OEMs will get a rebate if they buy this along with Intel CPUs and Intel GPUs will be included in a lot of pre-built systems. They will be good enough for light games and web browsing but not anything competing against current mid-range or even low-end GPUs. That's my prediction, anyway.

>Would you ditch AMD/NVIDIA and buy an Intel GPU?

Only if the benchmarks as good and the price isn't absurdly high like nvidya. And I don't trust PCgamer one bit on anything because all their writers are leftist sjw retards that don't know shit.

Intel can't make good CPUs, what makes you think they'll create a good dGPU?

>apple/sony/ms use their chip
>linux user prefer radeon
still cant fix their shit architecture

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 10K)

twitter.com/intelnews/status/1006592543201480706

>They seem to be slowly facing out iGPUs (noticed how they just released some CPUs identical to existing products but without the iGPU at the SAME PRICE?)

It's just lowest binned die like their 10nm chip

I would.
But for every guy like me there's ten kids who'll buy Nvidia until it's not cool anymore.

Attached: 1547576952050s.jpg (201x178, 4K)

Ability to beat or match Nvidia in Gameworks and Nvidia optimized titles for $100 bucks less.

Get bent the RX 570 is STILL better value.
youtube.com/watch?v=1blVVZqg4RE

ATI/AMD managed to work their way up to like >40% market share in the HD3000-HD5000 days, coming out of their pretty terrible HD2000 and competing with NVIDIA's absolutely excellent GeForce 8s. There's this "woe is me nobody buys AMD even when they're good!" narrative going around, but the truth is that the market very clearly responded to AMD's products in the time periods when those products were very good.

AMD's current graphics products are not very good, while NVIDIA's are. The worst thing you can say about NVIDIA graphics cards is that they're overpriced - which they are - but the products themselves are good. They're faster than AMD while using less power even if you ignore shit like RTX. AMD has some decent options around the $200 mark, but beyond that all they've managed to do is deliver similar performance to NVIDIA (except the top tier), but at higher power consumption and like 1 year late to the party. Now they're going to do the same thing with Radeon VII, they're going to deliver 1080 Ti/2080 performance at 300W for $700, nearly 2 years late.

This is the reason their current market share is so bad. Their products aren't as good as they used to be, NVIDIA's are better. I haven't bought any NVIDIA card between HD5000 and R9 290X, but I was ultimately forced to upgrade to Pascal since AMD simply had nothing to offer.

I don't trust intel. Chances are you will need an intel CPU for it to work properly, probably do some shit and fry Ryzen chips

Nobody buying amd when they're better is still a solid argument. 7970 and 7950 were better cards than the 680/670 and had a decent amount of vram to last yet people just buy the Nvidia cards for the brand. Same with the 200 series Vs 700 Nvidia, apart from horrible reference coolers of the 290/X they are the better cards.

A couple months after 600 Nvidia launched the 7950 was £220, 670 £320, 7970 £330 and the 680 £400-450. Nvidia tax sky high and still outsells 5 to 1.

You can even see it today with the 1050ti outselling the same priced 570 which has 30% more performance and double the vram

I'd ditch everything the second libre stuff can take its place and isn't ordered to build but rather flocked to stock (i.e. never happening).

Intel is even more elitist, they just see Nvidia selling $1000 gpus without a problem and they want in on that shit. Intel has never, ever been the budget leader. They've always had the most expensive chips on the market. They're a hero for nobody.

unholy amd cpu/intel gpu pairing when

i want it just for shits and giggles

Open source drivers so it works in linux as well as or better than AMD hardware

SR-IOV or whatever the hell it's called that lets me pass the GPU to virtual machines so one GPU handles graphics for both host and clients (e.g. so I can play windows games in a windows virtual machine on my linux computer)

Better price / performance ratio than AMD/Nvidia

Freesync support

SR-IOV isn't on the disabled list, so there's hope.

Isn't the market locked up by AMD and Nvidia patents?

why not just put like 500 i9 cpus on a board and call it a gpu?

The Department of Energy will pull you into a small room for a long interview.

idk why not just buy like 500 pounds of ground beef, mold it into a human shape, and call it your gf?

>There's this "woe is me nobody buys AMD even when they're good!" narrative going around, but the truth is that the market very clearly responded to AMD's products in the time periods when those products were very good.
LIES! When AMD had a better product for a generation it didn't instantly get a monopoloy on the market, checkmate! AMD could make products that have quadruple times better performance and people would still not buy them because of Nvidia mindcontrol!

>Intel will make its first GPU in 2020
>NOVIDEO AND AYYMD BTFO
>if you mention Larrabee, 10nm will be pushed by another year

Attached: larabee.jpg (602x340, 80K)

Quad SLI Titan RTXs performance for $12 and it also includes one of those newer more realistic sex dolls. They deliver that, and I'm Intel for life.

>Reduces YouTube buffer times by up to 2.5 seconds!

Chicken works better.

Attached: odin-quincannon-has-sex-with-an-unusual-partner-photo-u1.jpg (650x994, 64K)