Why is every linux distro so shitty? Fedora is bloated nsa honeypot, debian is infected with sjws...

Why is every linux distro so shitty? Fedora is bloated nsa honeypot, debian is infected with sjws, arch is a waste of time, also all of them are infected with systemd and pulseaudio, what do Jow Forums?

Attached: 1406982180608.jpg (347x316, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Install gentoo

Attached: b913a89322edf801cd2bcdc291179339.jpg (1280x1024, 793K)

>using meme distro

>Fedora is bloated nsa honeypot
Citation needed.

Gentoo is just Source Mage for retards.

In what way is Fedora/CentOS a honeypot?

It has 2000 preinstalled packages but doesn't come with nano. Explain this.

Sorry. I was referring to the honeypot bit.

Source Mage for people who want a working distro, anyway I bet you have neither installed archbabby.

Looks like a struck a nerve with the Gentoo user. So fragile.

install slackware. most stable and reliable distro out there
please post proof that you use source mage

what is wrong with arch?

Attached: 1536401075211.jpg (459x459, 18K)

>please post proof that you use source mage
Why would I waste my time and disk space with a screenshot utility?

it exists

scrot is small and wouldn't take any time at all to compile

sorry, but you're going to need a better argument to convince me that arch is a waste of time

Attached: 1536679034039.png (598x369, 387K)

It would take a bit of time even on my iMac G5, let alone my main laptop.

He doesn't use source mage , he uses Manjaro.

>arch is a waste of time
The initial install may take longer, but it saves you time in the long run.

Manjaro doesn't even run on PPC, retard.

it would take less time than it took you to form that idiotic excuse

Systemd
pacman

On a 333MHz PowerBook G3? Not likely.

Stop pretending like you use one, faggot.

pacman is the best package manager lol, have you seen how ugly the naming conventions are on debian and ubuntu? and it also has the ports system to get packages not in the repositories

Attached: 1545868019596.png (492x453, 328K)

I've got it right here. Why else would I use a source based distro?

>systemd
yeah lemme just go back and write my own init scripts like the good old days
lol fuck no, systemd may have some issues but it's the best thing that's out there

whats wrong with systemd? is it a tracking tool?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1546575022353.jpg (960x1280, 80K)

install linux from scratch. gentoo's bloated.

>emacs is 70% of distro by size
>therefore it my distro
>fuck u torvalds
goddamnit i hate stall man

>uses a source based distro
>is afraid of compiling one of the smallest programs
Do you really think people had to write their own scripts on ubuntu before systemd?

Void.

go ahead and try enabling a dhcp daemon with just a single command on init

>fuck u torvalds
Unlike "Linux", "GNU/Linux" is just fair. "fuck u torvalds" would mean just "GNU".

rc-update add dhcpcd default?

>afraid
You aren't very clever, are you?

keep larping faggot

Yep, you're very clever indeed.

You got caught lying through your teeth, deal with it.

If that's how you cope then believe whatever you think, kiddo.

what's wrong with pulseaudio?

Take a picture with your phone, faggot. Or let me guess your phone doesn't have a camera?
Keep laarping poorfag.

You are right, both Pacman and apt are a big pile of shit. Anything else to say?

Phones have been aptly described as Stalin's dream. Why would I own one?

name one thing pacman does that is shit

can't use grindr without one

I asked him to compile scrot and he said no so it should've ended there but you keep dragging it out. just give up already

I don't care what that is.

Gentoo is just maintained Source Mage

The only thing they have in common is being source based.

Actually nothing. It's pretty good at breaking your system

It doesn't, updates do. Pacman just runs the updates. It isn't its job to manage your system for you.

>breaking your system
any examples? or are you just assuming the arch memes are true without ever using arch yourself? (pic related)

Attached: PWg7B7F.png (650x4377, 745K)

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone

Epic. Not for me, zoomer.

Fedora actually split their packages unlike Arch so the package count will always be higher even with slimmer system.

Use minimal install if package count causes anxiety.

>linux distro
Did you mean GNU/Linux distro? Or do you seriously consider android to be a "Linux distro"?

>Fedora is bloated nsa honeypot
Then remove the bloat and the packages you don't like?

>debian is infected with sjws
I'm sorry but how does an SJW running an OS on their own computer affect your own personal use of it?

>arch is a waste of time
Then use the defaults and don't worry about configuring anything?

>all of them are infected with systemd and pulseaudio
But there are dozens of distros that don't use either of these?

>what do Jow Forums?
Stop posting dumb misinformed threads

That cartoon will never get old.

>Did you mean GNU/Linux distro? Or do you seriously consider android to be a "Linux distro"?
Wow, you just made your whole reply irrelevant with one sentence. Nice.

Try actually thinking about it for one second and you'll see you're wrong. "Linux distro" is a nonsense buzz phrase that only had meaning before 1995

This is a very good point. I really fucking hate it when redditards say to normies that Linux has a 90% market share because it's used on smartphones to convince them to try Linux on their PC, and then when someone says "I use a chromebook" the r/linux retards jump in and say "AKCTUALLY THAT'S NOT LINUX"

Either make up your fucking mind and use the concrete definition of GNU/Linux, or suffer from normies with smartphones and chromebooks claiming that they use "linux"

Attached: 1547056087458.png (736x928, 899K)

well any examples? or are you just larping??

Attached: 1541303569350.jpg (1070x1070, 109K)

>Then remove the bloat and the packages you don't like?
Fedora netinst has the same amount of packages as something like Void with whole DE installed. Also it's twice the size of Void. Also it pulls shit ton of dependencies that aren't actually needed so you end up with bloated system anyway. Also thanks for making me waste my fucking time removing trash games and useless software from DE.

>I'm sorry but how does an SJW running an OS on their own computer affect your own personal use of it?
I really need to install that package called "weboob" but I can't find it in repo, any idea?

Min. installation is 300-something packages. The basic desktop installation (Openbox) comes with about 1000 packages.

>thanks for making me waste my fucking time removing trash games and useless software from DE
Deleting packages takes less than a minute, is there something wrong with your computer?

>I really need to install that package called "weboob" but I can't find it in repo, any idea?
Check the author's website just like the other 1000000 programs that aren't included in the repos?

You can literally build anything from source on any distro??

imagine being a fate faggot who can't install gentoo

Attached: gentoooo.png (836x391, 103K)

sudo ln -s /etc/sv/dhcpcd /var/services

ln -s /etc/{init.d/,rc3.d/S03}dhcpcd

This thread is fucking embarrassing.
fpbp
If you're at the point with Linux where you've begun to recognize how shitty all Poettering-ware is, then you ought to know the correct solution by now.
(Pic related)

Attached: 1517886192456.jpg (540x393, 15K)

Systemd is a init system, a proccess manager, a login system, a logging program, a log reader, a message bus, half a network stack, cron, a console manager, a device manager with support for hotswapping, a boot performance analysis tool, a proccess container system, a clock syncronization tool, a temporary file manager, a boot manager and a bunch of other stuff I don't remember.

this, kys OP

Install Void

And? So fucking what?

>pacman is the best package manager lol

>Try to find a package with pacman -Q
>Find literally nothing because it uses the most basic garbage search that it could possibly use
>Try to find package with apt search
>Literally just werks

Hi leonardo pottery, go fix systemd bugs

You do realise pacman -Q is for searching already installed packages?
I can't tell if this is a bait.

Install Gentoo.

Oh. So pacman is even worse then?
Yikes, why you'd ever use it is beyond me.

>too dumb to use certain technology or even read
"IT'S THE FAULT OF THE TECHNOLOGY!!!!!"

Wow, you buy into all the memes, don't you?

Attached: 1532998993478.jpg (1120x757, 78K)

Ah yeah you're baiting but the correct command for searching is pacman -Ss

Attached: 1536048919385.gif (625x626, 104K)

>He can't even prove me wrong

Install Void or Gentoo.

pacman -Syu is the only command you need