>Inconsistent GUI

These are a few of my favourite things

-forced updates that break your system all the time
-security problems left and right
-bloatware
-abusive drive/RAM usage
-spies on you for money
-ads
-removes useful features and forces you to use inferior others instead (see the .exe fiasco)
-overall will treat you as the product instead of the owner of your computer
it's beyond shit. Unironically macOS is fucking better at this point. Yes, that piece of shit is actually better.
Fuck this timeline.

Shit for programming, no good terminals, WSL is slow as fuck, botnet, takes control of your PC too much, does what it wants and you can't stop it, takes control of anything you plug in to "scan" it all the time, records/tracks your every move, no customisation, can't use hyper-v without windows pro.

>pic related

>driver conflicts
Are you implying that isn't much, much worse on Linux. When there's even drivers to begin with of course. Like of all the things to fault windows for, you pick one of the few advantages it has over all other operating systems.

It's a fucking pajeeti piece of fucking shit, you can't disable the Store, Cortana and Windows Update without breaking the system. Ignores and/or resets registry/gpedit configurations. An absolute nightmare for a power user.

>who the fuck cares about windows 7 security patches lol i'm ok with chinks and russians penetrating my security holes
>MICROSOFT IS SPYING ON ME WHAT THE FUCCCCCKKKKK

Literally nothing on that list has affected me except the spy shit.

Even if you use the so called "best" version of 10 you're still using an american botnet activated with a russian one.

WTF I CAN'T

your opinion/personal experience is irrelevant.

BASED AND RED PILLED

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 26K)

>Yes, that piece of shit is actually better.
whoa whoa whoa, take it easy jeet, don't shit on the best os white man has created

that's not webOS.

It's slow

He ain't lying. It actually is better in just about every way of what a computer is supposed to do.

My i3 Hackintosh runs tons better than legit Windows 10 if you can believe that shit.

Basically you, Pajeet.

im telling him not to shit on macos

removes files in documents folders

microsoft
can't compile it myself
ridden with malware
need to restart after updates
no package management ie installing and updating non-microsoft software is a clusterfuck
R E G I S T R Y
ntfs

only redeeming quality is compatibility

Attached: 21ED63DE-E521-4FE6-BD9E-AA74E2090543.jpg (386x207, 13K)

>chinks and russians penetrating my security holes
>implying you're of any interest to them

Your wrong list is irrelevant.

>who cares about security dude lmao
the state of windows 7

I'm among the greatest haters of Windows 10, but
>Windows update shitting the bed routinely
Not with an SSD, it works fine
>Driver conflicts
Not with moderately (>4 year old hardware) and windows update finds the drivers automatically
>Inconsistent GUI
It's not so bad, double control panels is still retarded, but it's mostly cohesive

Windows it's still shit on a average, GNU/Linux is faster, msys2 makes Windows 10 bearable but the truth is the barrier to entry to GNU/Linux is higher

If you can GNU/Linux go for it, it's much better, but Windows 10 with an SSD and MSYS2 is pretty good, much better than the shit show known as Apple MacOS

Attached: msys2.png (256x256, 40K)

>WSL
Use MSYS2

Oh I am aware Linux is much, much worse.

I like Windows 7 better :3

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

Found it.

Attached: 1537453502628.jpg (250x140, 5K)

It doesn't literally climb out of your computer and slash the throats of freetards for you, then mop up the blood and cheeto-bits, and call a tilt-tray to drag their bloated, stinking corpses to the dump.
No, we have to do all that shit ourselves.

I can't
Ran a script before installation to remove unneeded bits, and then it's basically perfect.

Fucking around with my settings after an update.

>much better than the shit show known as MacOS
big yikes, i''ve been on Debian for years (win in vms) and have tried hackintoshs for periods of time and i have to say that no matter how frustrating it is to work in a locked down baby OS such as MacOS, anything derived from UNIX is miles ahead of the niggerlicious kernelfuckery that is DOS.

Windows came free with my laptop.

>DOS
its like you have no idea what you're talking about, exactly like that.

>moderately old hardware
>4yo hardware
>calls 4yo old
I am not for or against using Windows, but this is just stupid.

I setup a hackintosh on my desktop a while back, it ran unbelievably well. I should go back to it, windows is cancer. Plus with a pirated copy of paralell desktop i can just use that vm for gheymen

The USB mic drivers are beyond fucked and can't be fixed by anything but an external audio input.

>0-90% is inaudible
>93% is just barely audible
>94%% picks up the background hum of the universe and the sound of my heartbeat under the scream of my low speed fans

Attached: 1473329837587.jpg (409x513, 59K)

>muh not DOS anymore
>muh shedding backwards compatibility
itvision.altervista dot org/why-windows-10-sucks.html

Whatabout NT, though.

It's not based Windows 7, the pinnacle of operating systems.

Attached: 1547151355812.jpg (1000x1000, 151K)

I'd love to listen to your heartbeat user

Attached: yui2.gif (320x288, 392K)

blog dt zorinaq dt com /i-contribute-to-the-windows-kernel-we-are-slower-than-other-oper/
from 2016 but still applies today, in short, management is terrible and there's no incentive to actually innovate or improve, proof is how horribly windows handles high thread count on threadrippers for example, when the linux kernel handled it fine from the start and fixed bugs or overhead in weeks
microsoft for comparison has still said or done nothing about these issues :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSSAFqzbKgg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2LOMTpCtLA
(in that second video, Wendell "fixed" that himself with the help of another dude)

> management is terrible and there's no incentive to actually innovate or improve
Literally any corporation ever. They have their own ways to cut off the weight, but aren't as lean as small groups.

>the zoommer that think is a bommer
Fag.

Is it Windows 10 that measures my laptop battery? Because: Start countdown on my cellphone 4 Hours 26 minutes, 99% battery on laptop and laptop battery reads 4 Hours 26 minutes.

five minutes later, timer 4 Hours 21 minutes, but laptop battery now reads 3 Hours 45 minutes remaining...

why would you subject yourself to an OS that lags behind and only cares about making a profit off your back ?

Used to be shit in terms of hw support, but the quality of sw products is garbage. Literally C# monkeys burned down everything that was already working.

Privacy hole
Shitty font rendering
Shitty UI
Ancient and new software mixed together badly
Updates that can be infuriating
The fucking registry
Worrying about proper drivers

Attached: kzavfvnawz321.jpg (2830x4445, 2.15M)

It's a good question. I may also remember Oracle which was way ahead of its competitors at the time, and today the only people who care about its DBMS are either those who support legacy or those who make a living deploying it. So... Yes. Windows is easy to use at first, so there are tons of people who wouldn't want to switch because it's good enough and familiar to them.

>every morning my laptop heats up to 90*C and eats up all the battery in bed because of something called "svchost"
>i often turn off the touchpad at work and today i couldnt turn it back on, the touchpad and the nipple both werent working
>start menu sometimes wont accept keypresses
>the vpn gui is broken and sometimes doesnt display the "connect" button unless you exit out of the menu and go back in
>when you turn off windows defender in gpedit, a "virus protection" notification is permanently displayed in the notifcation menu
>the notification menu has a "note" button that displays a "find an app to open this type of link" dialog

really makes you think huh
ltsb 2016, most issues require a restart

Attached: fpbp.webm (800x800, 2.49M)

Exists

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: file.png (1152x646, 660K)

Well, let's just take a look in that NSA backdoor and see what faults we can find.

3 hour update times.

He was asking about the NT kernel, I gave him one of the reasons why the NT kernel sucks
I won't argue about user friendliness because I'm not computer illiterate, but I'm sure Ubuntu does fine.

"free" as in "the laptop is 100$ more expensive with windows"

>DOS
Just KYS and save us all further annoyance, you subhuman.

Having actually read these links, the guys writing them are nearly as clueless as you are. Very heavy LARP undertones due to constant, basic mistakes in syntax and terminology. Not even *nix terms - just sounds like your grandma trying to pretend she knows what she's talking about when her browser won't work, and throwing random terms she's heard on Halt and Catch Fire that week.

Attached: 1544925946239.jpg (1069x639, 115K)

Attached: 1547414496694.png (808x681, 486K)

Attached: 1540311992038.jpg (1440x1260, 1.1M)

Mac OS is just as bad as windows.

Microshaft tries to emulate what Applel and Goggle did with iOS and Android, that is, monetizing the user's data. On a PC.

That's why I said MacOS
Mac OS X was good
After it got renamed to MacOS complete turd fest
I'd rather use the mess known as Windows 10 because at least it's still fucking windows and works on any hardware and can get some Unix goodness with msys2 than the gay faggotry of apples icloud and shit

Debian is godly though

Alright, bad assessment, 5 year old hardware isn't old but better avoid Windows 10 if hardware older than 5
I don't know what fuckery windows does but it rapes the hdd if it's not sdd while gnu/linux chugs along

It's not your hardware that's shit. It's Windows 10 that shits the bed with HDDs. It's like they made their OS only to be usable on SSDs. Install and boot Windows 10 on a powerhouse and see it struggling.

>Mac OS is just as bad as windows
No, Mac OS is fucking worse

GNU/Linux > Mac OS X > Windows 10 > gay > supergay > faggot >>> MacOS

*Install and boot Windows 10 on the HDD of a powerhouse

The performance is just plain out balls on low end PC's it's sold with

They still sell the fucking thing on 32 and 64gb MMC netbooks, even though it's taking more and more space for updates and is still the largest OS on the market

The drive speed on these devices is not fast enough to do all the things it wants, and it therefore slows to a fucking crawl because it's hacks on top of hacks on top of hacks to get a voice assistant and apps that don't work, and shutting them off entirely requires a lot of hacking or installing an entirely different ISO like LTSB, good luck convincing your family members to let you wipe their 300$ shitbook when they ask why it's so slow!!!!!

Compare a Chromebook or Ubuntu or even those dumb ass Android x86 ports, to the same netbook running Windows 10 and the difference is ridiculous, it's just not worth it in low end

Driver hunting still exists in 2019, with many prebuilt laptops using company drivers that the generic drivers still don't work for properly making fresh reinstallation fucking retarded, whereas the only problem I have with Linux these days is it boots into power saving 40hz mode on my laptop by default

Attached: 50466377_3009899919036135_5499574050499854336_n.png (720x720, 805K)

I agree, Windows 10 really is shit but I blame apple because they started the SSD tomfoolery
And by MacOS I don't mean the classic MacOS until 9, I mean the new supergay MacOS developed under cuck and his gay friends

God, when will Windows 10 get uniform title bars for the window manager?

When Gnome and Wayland force client side window decorations making the only consistent thing in GNU/Linux desktop to a horrible ADHD AIDS
Ironic
Thanks Wayland, Gnome and Red Hat, you bunch of pricks, I hope IBM shuts you down but you are government spooks that raped Linux, pricks

>it's not a meme

Attached: pajeet design.png (505x607, 188K)

Windows is shit for programming? How are the other systems better for it?

why do you need a square root button when you can just raise the number to the -2nd power
square root buttons are bloat

My MICROSOFT Webcam wasn't supported when i HAD to convert to 10. Had to buy a new Webcam.

for brainlets

Why is the XPS 13 Dev Edition cheaper then the Windows version then?

>my personal opinion is more important than facts
are you a 1st world citizen by any chance?

its comes with ubuntu, and no fingerprint reader

ext4

I love how intelligent discussion threads get shoved to page two, and threads like this not only stay on page one but linger all day. You are all the worst Jow Forums has to offer.

bill gates is a doodoo head

runs like shit

I've never had driver problems with GNU/Linux.
Maybe because I choose my hardware wisely, unlike some retards.

>steals your data
>performs really-really bad compared to linux
>crashes during stealing your data
>sneaks in some updates
>restarts your computer, without saying a word
>you lose all your unsaved documents
>nothing personnel
>but that's not a problem, turns out the new update deletes all your documents anyway

my main concern is aesthetics and performance desu. I use shutup10 so I have control of updates. i just want to be able to code, run most software, and play vidya. Aesthetically, it lacks personality and feels bloaty. windows 7 has a better design and feel to it. win10 feels like just a computer rather than a gateway to interesting experiences. if that makes sense.

this but unironically

underrated

BLUETOOTH
HOLY SHIT BLUETOOTH

Just try using a wireless xbox one s controller (which is the best controller, period) through bluetooth on Windows. I dare you. It ain't happening because it adds like 14 different hidden devices that need to be uninstalled for the goddamn thing to not instantly disconnect.

I don't know what fucking witchcraft I pulled to get it to actually stay connected for more than five minutes, but if you plug it in to charge it? It never connects again, and you have to remove it and re-pair it.

This is MS's own controller, how the fuck does it not work with MS's system? It works fine on Linux, you just have to disable ertm. And this is a system where the bluetooth manager ITSELF frequently shits the bed with no outside interference at all.

And let's not even get into Bluetooth AUDIO.

>wireless xbox one s controller (which is the best controller, period)
stopped reading there

name a better bluetooth controller with li-ion rechargable battery packs then.

>be me, work for Boeing on the shop floor
>rely on PCs to buy off work done and looks up drawing Blueprints
>iT guy comes and starts win 10 install.
>tell him I'll pay him $200 to not replace win 7
>thinks I'm joking
>He installs Win 10 on the PCs
>EVERYTHING STOPS WORKING
>can't complete work
>Area comes to a complete hault
>win10 costs us like 3days work.
>They reinstall win7 on 2 of the 3 shop terminals.
>Now only 2/3 PCs actually work.
We have old engineer computers that have ivy bridge 6 core 12 thread xeons with 32gb of ram and SSDs. Still slow as fuck on win10.
Fuck Win 10.

Attached: 1547064512715.jpg (1024x768, 149K)