Well, Jow Forums, what are you lot gonna do when CRTs run out due to failure/old age...

Well, Jow Forums, what are you lot gonna do when CRTs run out due to failure/old age? Tubes do wear down over time like the tread on a car tire. Will the world be condemned to awful shit flat panels with smear trails and terrible contrast/blacks?

Attached: tv-landfill.jpg (1600x1143, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

formeelec.en.made-in-china.com/product/dSZnwmhjyocU/China-17-CRT-TV-17A5-Normal-Flat-TV.html#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Believe me, no one sane gives a shit. I've used good CRTs from '97 to '08 and VA LCD panels with 3000:1 or 5000:1 contrast ratio are more than good enough. If you want more clarity, turn on ULMB or BFI and there you go.

Attached: Marshal_Tito_during_the_Second_World_War_in_Yugoslavia,_May_1944.jpg (800x786, 365K)

Likely, switch to OLED

>OLED
Hahaha

I highly doubt all my high end CRTs will die before I do. I have enough as backup.

Buy new ones from China.

>find three lightly used CRTs
>use one until it dies
>use the next one

I guess that will be in a few decades, so OLED will have been improved a lot.

Those are only new old stock, usually the less than mediocre shadow mask tubes. Don't believe the lies that they are still made, the last factory shut down years ago.

Nobody cares about this shit except manchildren like LGR and AVGN who play old children's games.

They still make new ones in India and China, although they're shit-tier. Don't expect anything like a 2005 Wega.

People play games with them? That sounds silly.
I thought we are talking about watching old anime, this being a anime website.

I don't get why Jow Forums hates Clint so much. He's an awesome bro who really shows his shit.

That's bait, sir.
Also people don't hate Clint here, it's all either bait or they just don't care.

The duality of man.

Flat CRTs already exist, and seem to have the same tradeoffs that HD CRTs have. That said, you can actually buy brand new ones from China (provided you order in bulk).
formeelec.en.made-in-china.com/product/dSZnwmhjyocU/China-17-CRT-TV-17A5-Normal-Flat-TV.html#

>Well, Jow Forums, what are you lot gonna do when CRTs run out due to failure/old age? Tubes do wear down over time like the tread on a car tire. Will the world be condemned to awful shit flat panels with smear trails and terrible contrast/blacks?
There are often weird unthinkable legacy reasons to keep old shit in production on some level. Our IT guy knows where to buy dot matirx printers that are half the size of a desk and use that paper with holes on the side and make a shit ton of noise from the 80s. We still have some on legacy systems and someone makes a ton of money still producing it. Why someone would "need" a CRT I don't know but I bet there is reason I can't think of and some company will keep producing them in small numbers and charging $1000 for one

>Tubes do wear down over time like the tread on a car tire
yeah I hate when my tires go bad and I have to buy a new car

>that will be in a few decades, so OLED will have been improved a lot.

Things can be improved a lot in a few decades.

Attached: escapade phone.jpg (407x397, 20K)

>HD CRTs
Not really what I was going for. Enjoy your input lag and non-240p compatibility.

DMPs are still used because other printer types can't do form printing.

There already are hundreds of free 32 inch black Trinitrons here for free or a few bucks that accept RGB natively, have full calibration in the service menu and support 240p.

One day you'll actually have something of value to read on a computer screen, and you won't care about the value of the computer screen itself, because the computer screen is just delivery method.

Attached: 1466712854676-1.gif (500x354, 461K)

I hope CRT boomers start committing group suicides.

>>>/reddit/

>There already are hundreds of free 32 inch black Trinitrons here for free or a few bucks that accept RGB natively
Unless you live in France and have SCART, no I'm pretty sure you're not going to find anything with RGB inputs.

All of Europe had SCART.

Most smaller/lower end CRT TVs in PAL regions didn't have standard SCART except in France where it was mandated by law.

Sup Clint.

I have plenty of smaller and lower end PAL TVs and they all have SCART.
I haven't encountered a single European set from past 1984 without a SCART connection. And I have seen quite a few.

Are you sure you aren't confusing that with the SCART not being hooked to RGB in the lower end models?