Was going to learn how to program

>was going to learn how to program
>spent another day on 4chinz and playing video gaymes

how do you get motivated to program?

Attached: 52xlpv6vvha21.jpg (640x800, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnomepomodoro.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not being a brainlet

I don't. I'm working in support and I'm being paid exactly as much as other developers in the project.

Cut yourself off from other stimulation.

By realizing it was the only way to get a job that I like that pays well

if you need to "get motivation" it's not for you. you are just a retard like 90% of CS undergrads who say to themselves "gee wilikers I am an autistic loser who spends all his time on the computer. maybe I should study computer science!"

Money and the neat stuff you can do, browse websites with open source projects, or some webshit like awwwards, whatever things you like art, or music, just try to search for software oriented to those interests, programming helps you to complement / enhance almost anything.

>"I am an autistic loser who spends all his time on the computer. maybe I should study computer science!"
Am I making a mistake

Attached: 1541866501725.png (741x568, 29K)

best answer
sell some vidya or gayming pc
get a programming laptop aka dell xps or thinkpad

Just find a project you want to commit to. Something tangentially related to another hobby you have is usually good. I'm into rc models and during the years I made 2 webapps and one android app, and learned arduino and 3d modeling/printing because of it.

Get a game you program in it, such as Shenzen I/O

>programming laptop
But muh compile speeds and muh virtual machines.

Lock yourself out of the internet so you won't have any distractions to keep you from creating something.

You need to isolate yourself to be able to force yourself to focus on programming.

Find a partner and pair-program, maybe.

Attached: 869fc6db-bd1e-4bcd-bd0c-fb7dfe30477c..jpg (4032x2268, 847K)

>how do you get motivated to program?
Imagine yourself as one of the units in your game. Select yourself and order yourself to the workstation. Then do work for 2h. Perfect for autsits!

By laying out what makes you happy and what you want to achieve so that you can be a fulfilled person.

Then you can easily label activities into the "better myself" category or the "shit around to satisfy temporary desires" category.

After that just download a pomodoro timer or something similar, so that you have a nanny that tells you when to do productive stuff and when to chill.

Grind

Attached: meditate-small.jpg (1280x1112, 46K)

>geniuses
>need certification
>implying

Read "Criminal Genius" for a redpill on MENSA

Also forgot to mention that I use the pomodoro timer as a substitute for a partner / team member. It's even easier if you find a person with the same motivations, but that's been super hard, at least for me.

IMO that's the whole point of university education - you can surround yourself with motivated people with similar goals, that make it easier for you to achieve your goals.

so now's the time for you to add more shit to your resume user get to studying

I'm out of school too user... Have any ideas?

Attached: f1d3ad4f-5b89-411e-9a79-c14625864440..png (1200x1800, 1.3M)

how do I get into support positions

Have sex with scala

For finding partners? Not really.

Personally I think it's not worth the time spent searching for a suitable person. I've outlined my setup that keeps me away from procrastinating all day but if you really need somebody to talk to look you have several options:

1. local groups (best option, but hard to find)
2. forums / communities on educational websites (khan / coursera / MIT open course ware)
3. Open a thread here / reddit (learnprogramming / learn) and ask look for people in the same position

Hey, quit posting pictures of myself without my permission, please :(

Stop masturbating and playing games. They give you instant gratification and discourage delaying gratification for a bigger reward

Any laptop works 2bqh, I bought a """"gamer"""'" laptop like a brainlet but I've only been using it to program

I know a kid like that, I tried talking him out of it,
ironically, he seemed normal, but he's really dumb (failed a basic safety test 4 times, wants to be a CS Kid)

Why,? High end Dev salary is not worth the cost to happiness and dignity

Basically this.
ShartMart jobs are for retards and illegals

Holy shit, this fucking works for me. 100% not memeing bro, thank you. What does that mean for me?

As always it's usually not worth it if you don't enjoy it.

Get out of the house. Go to a cafe or library and work. That's what I did.

I know someone like that. I'm teaching him Java but he's not even technical. He gave up trying to get the Chromecast to work when all he had to do was flush his app's cache. He's only doing it so he can make a lot of money and be able to slack off like me.

> you're an NPC

it just means that you're more comfortable with gaming metaphors because you've spent more time in front of a screen than thinking about abstract stuff like productivity and goals.

You're right. There are enough ultra autists/brainlets in computer sience/IT.
The world would be better if only non brainlets where allowed in uni/college.

same desu

>Holy shit, this fucking works for me. 100% not memeing bro, thank you. What does that mean for me?

No problem fa m. Who gives a shit what it means, if it gets you doing what you wanna do but can't find the willpower for, then its all good.

Who is this semen demon ?

Go to uni.

Why waste your time with him?
The "Young Adult" I'm talking about is similar, very lazy too.
He's an autist that plays games and browses the internet, thinks you can hop from being a user to builder like it's nothing.

The kids dumb and screwed, it's sad but funny too (I did warn him again and again)

1. Get a laptop
2. Go to a coffee shop
3. Unless you have severe autism, you won’t browse 4chinz or ply vidya there.
You’ll be what Jow Forums hates, a programmer at a coffee shop, but you might learn better if you aren’t in an environment you associate with doing nothing.

Looks like he's burnt out. He still can't do tabs correctly and the code is all over the place. I asked him to create a class with constructors and two methods (I even literally wrote it out in order what he had to do) and it took him 3 days.

He's my roommate so I don't want to just be a bummer. Instead, let it just roll away. But if you can't even be assed to fix a Chromecast problem, you're not going to be a good Software Engineer at all. Also, he pecks at the keyboard so he types REALLY slow.

>pomodoro timer
seems like something that I need right now, have any recommendations?

This this this. You won't browse Jow Forums at a Cafe so it forces you to work.

>This this this.
Leave plebbit. Being at a cafe won’t stop you from doing random shit on the internet, it’ll only stop the most autist things.

I dunno, it stopped me. I didn't watch Youtube, browse Jow Forums, and eventually it became habit to only study at the cafe. It's kind of like trying to work in bed, you'll just fall asleep.

Honestly if you didn't have the drive as a young child, you'll likely not make it.

Yeah, you have to really really like dicking around with computers if you want to be a programmer. That means liking building your own computer, installing new and cool software, trying out Linux and things like Vim and Emacs (even if you suck at them), et cetera. If you just don't get joy out of fucking with computers and googling, then you're fucked unless you want to be a """data scientist"""

I've thought about stuff like that but I play RTS games daily, have done so since the last decade. I'm just an indifferent, lazy bastard.

I currently use this gnomepomodoro.org/

There's a ton of different apps around. I like this because it's not a separate window.

I've previously used browser extensions to do the same, but it's a little annoying when they stop working.

trying to write down stuff that I want to do every day and thinking about the good future i'm going to have if I keep working at my goals. At first spend at least an hour or half hour, or just looking at an IDE if you're that far gone, then slowly start increasing your productivity and working on / exploring new things as you need to. 1% increase in productivity a day is 365% in a year.

Get off here.
PROTIP: If you're reading this, you're doing it wrong...

Attached: Ai Shinozaki_3rdWeek (8).jpg (1000x1500, 1.03M)

you probably cant. you would already be doing it if you liked it

its the money and even people on this board that say they earn more than $100k/y while doing almost nothing

think about why you're doing it, OP. for me, i enjoy programming games and building up my portfolio. sadly, it's hard for me to find many vidyas that even entertain me long, so that helps i guess. anyways, look at the reason behind wanting to do it. it's a self interested pursuit

Cut out all video games and television

Eventually shitposting on Jow Forums will get unsatisfying and you will seek pleasure in getting work done.

boredom and no gf

I have things I'm interested in programming, so I learn what I need to do that. It's not a grind.

Attached: uncomfortable dog 2.jpg (600x488, 57K)

for me its all about cultivating a few projects on github so i look good to employers who care about that shit. my main motivation is being able to show it off to other people

if programming isn't engaging for you and feels like a chore
just dont fucking do it

It's not like it'll make you much money, anyways.

hahaha this is so true

thanks to scam degrees like game dev there are less of these tards in cs classes

>12KG
IMAGINE