Just werks

Attached: fedora-logo-100528469-large.jpg (580x388, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items?rd=ForbiddenItems
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can confirm

>bloated as fuck
no

Who cares?
Unless you are going to run thousands of them in WMs or things like that.

>Redhat BAD
>Systemd BAD
>bla bla Redhat beta tester bla bla bla
>up do date software bad!
>gnome bad!

Attached: npcmeme.0.jpg (1200x675, 96K)

yeah it's bloated if you're too retarded to figure out how to download the netinstall iso.

32 bit iso is a piece of shit. Everything ran at a crawl, and wifi would break after first update. Screenfetch would take 20 seconds to load for fucks sake.

If I wanted to monkey around with netinstalls I would install gentoo.

Furthemore for fedora there is no real documentation how to configure all the scripts and enviroment to get a working system.

IME it doesn't

posting this from ubuntu. love the snapcraft store and the Electron Apps that work now independent of distributions

minimalfags will never know the joys of running 3k+ packages and loving every minute of it

I run almost 6k of packages. Feels good.

tfw you dnf install *-devel

Their font rendering still sucks

Not him but the netinstall for fedora is much heavier than debian’s. It includes networkmanager for fucks sake. I just stick to debian nowadays because of their commitment to free software.

I just used dnf install latex-scheme-full, it was around ~4k packages.

based

i have no idea why they merged cleartype. it looked far better without

enjoy your old ass packages

Why do you need new packages?
I am still running Gnome 3.14 and its pretty comfy desu, no need to upgrade.

Thanks I will. Enjoy your proprietary spyware. Have they started preinstalling google chrome yet? Last I heard they recommended you install it.

Debian is spymare with systemd and is made by trannies.

systemd is free software and I don’t care who makes my OS as long as it’s good.

Fedora doesn't install any non-free software unless you manually add a non-free repository, brainlet.

Attached: full.png (406x438, 8K)

Bullshit. Fedora is redhat therefore corporate and comes preinstalled full of non free software.
Enjoy being a redhat corporrate cuck betatester.

If I use CentOS, do Fedora users betatest for me?

This isn’t me btw: I actually used to like Fedora a lot, but when they recommend non-free repos then I draw the line. I wish a free as in freedom Fedora existed. I know I can use the Freedora script, but it’s just a constant cat and mouse game. Also, I don’t take too much issue with non-free firmware like the FSF does since openbsd doesn’t consider firmware to be software.

they still recommend the nvidea proprietary drivers and other non-free software from rpmfusion.

Is Ubuntu 18.10 a betatest for 18.04 LTS faggot?

>having somewhat up to date packages is betatesting

they know that running proprietary code is still the only way to have a stable functional system. nouveau is a fucking bad joke

"recommended" as in when you start gnome software for the first time it offers you the ability to activate some popular non-free repos such as nvidia, steam, and chrome. It's not like this is some recommended bloatware that you need to uncheck during installation.

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items?rd=ForbiddenItems
Fedora's stance on non-free software is actually pretty strict. They only make an exception when it comes to binary firmware.

>it allows to download and run binaries so it's bad
well a Debian systemd maintainer threw the towel as Mr. NOTABUG WONTFIX. But Red Hat and Fedora are still working on patching it.
>preinstalled
It includes Intel firmwares by default on the minimal installation. Literally nobody but autists consider that dangerous
I use CentOS because I haven't even learned all there is on this, I don't see how I would benefit for having newer core libraries, since everything is backported anyways. It just behaves the same but gets better with patches. Also I don't like to reboot my machine often, since the current version of the kernel has only been released 3 times, so 3 reboots.
Fedora is almost just as good but with less uptime, and has bigger repositories. It's the fucking best if you buy a new laptop. Even Linus uses it since like Fedora project was just for additional repos for red hat.
If you don't know, Fedora is the new Red Hat Linux that used to exist before, just that Fedora took the project since Red Hat went for long term support and certificates for hardware. In that time a Red Hat release was supported mostly one year, just like Fedora releases are supported for 13 months now.

Attached: 2E0A89663EFE42919C09BF6BA6DC4181.png (398x468, 53K)

You can't use newer nvidia cards with the free drivers. Nouveau sucks.

Works great. Has all my hipster devops shit in the default repos

>they still recommend the nvidea proprietary drivers
That's because Nvidia sucks ass. Stop using it.

This. I use CentOS now, although I never had any problems with Fedora.

It's like CentOS with packages from this decade

Lightweight.

>it doesn't handicap you into only freetard software
>muh freedumbs

Attached: Getting_real_tired_of_your_nongamburushit.jpg (3000x2825, 1.14M)

>inb4 "just krashes"
w
e
r
k
s
on my machine
>inb4 "t. non Nvidia user"
I use a GTX 1050 mobile in the laptop I have it installed on and am still able to get nvidia-prime to work like a charm. I'm on one of the worst systems, graphics compatibility wise. It still just werks™ despite that

Attached: 1200px-Neon-logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 153K)

just werks better

Attached: SUSE.png (256x256, 42K)

It's even more bloated than fedora and much slower , takes 5 times longer to boot up, has smaller repos and a garbage package manager.

this is a fucking meme, is to Fedora what Ubuntu is for Debian but worse. They started as a fork of slackware but is shit and they tried to add GUI bullshit like windows, except no one cares and it just ends up having stupid dependencies and being overall shit. Is the worst distro

Attached: YaST_logo.png (140x140, 24K)

What the future are you talking about it is not based on slackware.

Weren't they dropping support for KDE soon? What's the point then?

RHEL is allegedly dropping KDE support (I know it's stated in some logs, but I don't think there was any official announcement yet; could be wrong though). People are just assuming that Fedora will follow suit soon.
That being said, Fedora's KDE spin is hot garbage anyway.