Being a PC gamer in Japan is a nightmare

Being a PC gamer in Japan is a nightmare
niku.webcrow.jp/u/vs0YU

Attached: ugh.png (800x900, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-Intel-i5-2400/3029vs793
niku.webcrow.jp/u/EVxYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why are these prices so fucked? Is from sale tax or VAT? I was under the impression electronics were similarly priced compared to other industrialized countries?

>i7-9700k
>only a 2070
just no
>original windows license
are u kidding me?
also how is that 5000yen cpu cooler?

Seems about right, only in the US and China hardware is ultra cheap, in pretty much every other country PC hardware is considerably more expensive.

to be honest i will try to scratch out few bucks from the psu and mobo, buying a i5-9600k, buying a retail windows licence and then i think u can fit a 2080 or a 1080ti if it's a better deal

Why? That RTX card is 181 USD cheaper than my country.

That's roughly what I'd pay here as well. Not sure what the fuck you are on about, op.

same, in italy that gpu is 665€, he's paying 615€

>Why are these prices so fucked
They aren't when compared to EU.

in USA with 10% taxes this gpu is 692$ or 75.964yen, exactly the price he's paying

Attached: Cattura.png (275x423, 51K)

Price gouging, and monopoly on the retailer level.

In Japan, PC parts are sold by a distributor.
So all parts are much higher than US price and also VAT.
>also how is that 5000yen cpu cooler?
That's the most popular Japanese air-cooling CPU cooler for i7.
Water-cooling is a meme in Japan.

Go to US Amazon.
Americans buy those things with much cheaper price.

That's a lot of money, but you know what?
> i7 9700K
They say "fool and his money are soon parted".

Americans are really blessed.
They can buy EVGA's GPUs and everything is much cheaper than Japan.

Attached: US Amazon.png (1273x486, 209K)

>10% sales tax (fuck big cities)
>Oregon
checkmate Nihongo

We the Japanese always buy OC model Core i7 and use it for 4 or 5 years roughly but we change a GPU when an every new model is come out.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy from the US online, and get it shipped?

that practice was only relevant for the past decade of Core
there is literally no reason to buy a Core processor now

Yeah, PC boards on 5ch recommends to buy EVGA's GPU on US Amazon

$557.99 on Amazon. Personally I'd get a cheaper model though.

> We the Japanese always buy OC model Core i7
Then what's the point of complaining. You do you, if you're buying the most popular model, you're always going to be jewed.

pretty sure you have to pay import tax, not sure though

Looks like RAM is cheaper as well, and would be cheap to ship.

Well at least me and you have the same taste in case OP.

Attached: 1536938728375.png (1461x1474, 550K)

I'm a newbie on Jow Forums and don't know what here on Jow Forums recommends.

That's just an example.
It should be applied an average way.

>We the Japanese always buy OC model Core i7
This explains why allmost all Japanese games, and software run better on Intel.
I like the orange 780t.

RAM will be same price because of tariff and shipping cost.

That and Fractal design R5 are very popular in Japan.

> the most popular
> We the Japanese always buy
> are very popular in Japan
Does everybody have the same 'most popular' face there as well? Would explain it.

Go to OP's link.
Those are ranked at high places.

>buying expensive new components is expensive
Yes, it is. So is spending $200 on a case.

>intel
replace with r7 2600 and gigabyte x370 mobo
>nvidia
replace with rx580

oh, and get corsair 3200GHz RAM.

the vega 64 is 1k usd in my country, get on my level

Why? Nipponese software runs like shit in AMD.

>paying 160 for windows
>paying for windows
I imagine japs know how to pirate.

Japanese people like their consoles and they get most of their entertainment from city life and arcades. Its monopolies and not much of a demand.

Attached: 1547896478203.png (988x1200, 820K)

>AMD
>gaming

>not paying $30 for a gray market key
Enjoy getting double AIDS.

or you can just pirate and have an activated copy for free.

>AMD
Can't play eroge with that.

He is a mouth breathing /v/toddler

>paying $30 for a gray market key
lmao.

this makes no sense
eroge can be played on Intel HD2000 why wouldnt AMD be able to play them

Can't play new eroge, nip only geimu, or non gaming nip software folded 1000 times with AMD.

>Can't even into Japanese imports translated to English on Steam, or live2d. AMD is a bad choice friend.

It's not that bad you pampered baby.

Your build is about $2,000 USD.

OP's build is maybe $1700-$1800 shipped in the US.

Eh, don't buy a luxury PC setup then and just go with the average gaymen machine that runs basically all games fine anyhow.

You'll save more than the 15% or whatever you're loosing now on buying hardware in the world's cheapest countries.

>Buy a bad PC that can't do what you want it to do.
Problem solved

Since it's PC games, a ~$1k desktop machine will do them fine even if you pay 15% more vs the USA.

Nah it won't. You don't know what you're talking about, and the problem doesn't just stop at Nipponese gaymes. Almost every software made for a Jap market runs like shit on AMD.

Imagine an entire country that releases software that runs as well as arma 2, or if you're lucky arma 3.

for 2050 dollars sounds alright.

It's a couple hundred dollars heavy.

Buy an Intel for ~$1k then.

Also, what deranged person would play PC games mainly from their domestic market?

Same thing. But assuming you wanted to *only* play these games (what the flying fuck) you'd just do it like with Arma in single player: You play them later when they're patched and no longer alpha quality software and hardware is faster.

You can still play any other older game or any not fucked up software (I'm sure even that exists in Japan, but again, WTF for playing only your domestic games).

>Also, what deranged person would play PC games mainly from their domestic market?
Nips. Their games are different, and the good western games usually cost extra for Moonrune patches.
>ARMA SP
Only AMD fags play arma in single player.
It's out of necessity, really.
>You play them later when they're patched and no longer alpha quality software and hardware is faster.
Ryzen still runs Arma like shit user. You can't patch it to magically run better on current AMD offerings.
>You can still play any other older game or any not fucked up software (I'm sure even that exists in Japan, but again.
Sure you can limit yourself to older games that still run better on Intel, but why limit yourself.
>WTF for playing only your domestic games)
Good games like the Arma series aren't domestic to Japan, and Japan has a healthy domestic gaming, and software market that only runs well on Intel/Nvidia.
You expect people to change their gaming, and software preferences just to shoehorn AMD hardware into their systems? Tge fucknus wrong with you user. Are you legitimately retarded?

Might as well insist on playing only on Japanese-designed Japanese-made computers. Or only using computer games made in French Polynesia. You're simply doing this to yourself then, and I'm pretty much just gonna laugh at you.

And even IF you yourself did that, I still wouldn't believe your gaymen market survives running only on high end Intel/Nvidia. There is no country on earth where most of the market goes and buys the latest Intel/Nvidia hardware even bi-annually. They will simply have to work fine on more mediocre machines, else it wouldn't be viable as a market.

I even recall some existing statistics / market evaluations said Japanese PC were pretty shitty in international comparison?

>Might as well insist on playing only on Japanese-designed Japanese-made computers
Why? Intel/Nvidia gets the job done with domestic, and western software.
>Or only using computer games made in French Polynesia.
You're just not making any sense now. You are a retard aren't you? Wait would you even know if you were?
>You're simply doing this to yourself then, and I'm pretty much just gonna laugh at you.
You find humour in assembling a PC that fits your needs humorous? Choosing tge parts that handles the intended software to be use is funny to you?
>And even IF you yourself did that, I still wouldn't believe your gaymen market survives running only on high end Intel/Nvidia.
You could just try downloading nip games, and software, and try them yourself. It's available to you.
>There is no country on earth where most of the market goes and buys the latest Intel/Nvidia hardware even bi-annually.
You're point? AMD hardware doesn't have cuda, nvenc, quicksync, and thier CPUs have shit latencies, io issues, and need special programming to shine. Nips don't program like that. Especially not the small production houses.
>I even recall some existing statistics / market evaluations said Japanese PC were pretty shitty in international comparison?
And the ones who make software only optimize for Intel/Nvidia, because their target market (and enthusiasts) mostly use Intel/Nvidia.
Your emotions get in the way of your world perception, and dies not accurately reflect the real world. Faggot.

AMDbitches itt
>Heh slanteye just don't use any of the software you like to use and buy amd kid.

really makes me think
this is about 930 americlaps

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-20-07-01-48-355_com.android.chrome.png (1080x2160, 291K)

Why are you buying all the expensive overpriced shit and complaining about it costing money?

The only things there that's a reasonable item is the MX500 ssd and the PSU. Everything else is priced to take money from ricers and has barely any benefit to actually processing video games.

AMD ちかんwwwwww

i doesn't really matter since any potato can run visual novels and more demanding rpgs are all on consoles.

Fuck you jappo

Ditch the i7 go with a ryzen 5(comes with a cooler also more than enough for games) change the motherboard.
Get a windows 10 pro key from ebay for 10 bucks (1000yen)

You can easily save a few hundred bucks on that build by going for a cheaper case and a cheaper graphics card that'll have the same overclock and warranty.

Could be worse

Attached: 1522885180939.png (927x607, 106K)

Why don't you consider the Ryzen models? (2600x, 2700 etc)
Here in Europe Intel cpus are currently ultra-overpriced as well.

Isn't it cheaper to get plane tickets to the US, build a computer there, and travel back?

Sounds about right.

Kabum is having the worst prices nowadays. Try Terabyte.

Also, Brazilian feel:
>wow, it seems like the RX570 is costing only about 140 USD
>look up Brazilian retailers
>200~300USD
I sincerely feel like Nvidia has something to do with this shit. It makes absolutely no sense.

Attached: ameriburgers.png (623x271, 26K)

> Almost every software made for a Jap market runs like shit on AMD.
Impossible with Ryzens, bc R3 1200 = Sandy Bridge i5, cpubenchmark proves it. cpubenchmark.net/compare/AMD-Ryzen-3-1200-vs-Intel-i5-2400/3029vs793
Of course, Intel can be clocked insanely high, also modern generations get an upper hand, but it's not worth to pay for these 15%, unless you have money burning in your pocket.

> Ryzen still runs Arma like shit user. You can't patch it
It shouldn't be possible based on pure benchmark scores, however - is Arma compiled with ICC? That'd explain it. Anyway, you have to be a hardcore fan to pay top dollar to run one game and in that case, anything is justified.
> just to shoehorn
Nahnahnahnahnah. OP complaint was "waah hardware is expensive". AMD isn't as expensive, but if people don't consider alternatives, don't "change their gaming, and software preferences" while feeding the monopoly, then what can be done about it?

They are indeed you fucking retarded american

> EU
> retarded american
> implying an US denizen would care about yuropoors
The only retard here is you.

Hungary is worse.
It's 2276 USD, the japan price is only 2040 usd, and mine doesn't include Windows 10. We have 27% VAT.

Attached: pc.jpg (996x982, 71K)

Dam those are some long ass parts

What eroge? I'm playing Amayui just fine

>price gouging
Don't subscribe to this commie meme. That's not a real thing.
>monopoly on the retailer level
Another commie meme. If it would be profitable to sell to you for a cheaper price, someone would have incentive to take it.

As it stands, you're being sold goods at the highest possible price and the lowest you (or other customers) are willing to pay.

Attached: yuyuko_nhk_9_crop_laugh.jpg (369x380, 128K)

Price is basically identical in Germany.
1799 EUR = 224.596 Yen

Attached: 2019-01-20 17_43_14-Action center.png (2305x1175, 186K)

niku.webcrow.jp/u/EVxYk

they kept voting in crooks that tax the shit out of everything.

>voting

Attached: 1547054441528.jpg (1764x1000, 130K)

>defending capitalism

Why would you need all of that crap, the only decent games out there run just fine even on integrated graphics.

t. fortnite player

Literally the opposite of what I said, retard.

This is why handhelds and consoles are more popular in Japan. I don't blame them for staying away from PCs.

>plays fortnite
>call others retarded

kek

I recently built a PC in Japan. I bought my parts from Amazon.co.jp when possible, and for the price-gouged items, from Amazon.com.
I paid some overhead on import fees, but overall it was tolerable.

This is pcpartpicker Ireland

Attached: file.png (1151x743, 63K)

>Kabum
Those guys are a bunch of thieves. They'll do anything to deny a RMA. In one case, after I returned a product, their "technicians" damaged it in purpose and claimed I did it. If you have to buy anything valuable, buy it from Terabyte or Pichau, even if you have to pay extra.

seems like average prices these days

>27% VAT
damn your Goverment is literally robbing you

How about you read the thread. The prices are average.

>Being a gamer is a nightmare
FTFY

Attached: p.jpg (704x690, 67K)

Just get cheaper hardware and become a programmer instead

>buys intel and nvidia expecting good value