All laptops with good processors and dedicated graphics are either cringe gaymen shit or gay ultrabooks with awful...

>all laptops with good processors and dedicated graphics are either cringe gaymen shit or gay ultrabooks with awful thermals because MUH THIN

who do I have to kill to end this meme?

Attached: ultrabooks-9374504[1].jpg (350x237, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/laptops/pp_620996.html
dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-laptops-and-notebooks/precision-3530/spd/precision-15-3530-laptop/xctop3530hwus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>thinkpad x1 extreme

>who do I have to kill to end this meme?
Yourself

not be a minority in the laptop market or make your own laptop.

Brah I literally made this thread out of frustration of purchasing this loud ass thermal throttling pos

Attached: 3F42A4D8-A7E4-4BAA-910E-3EFEE5ED7307.jpg (4032x3024, 1.79M)

OH SHIT
I thought I wanted to buy one when the time came to buy another machine.
What's so bad about it? It really throttles a lot?
What about short bursts of high cpu like compiling heavy projects?

Thinkpad P52

Older thinkpads from ebay are always the answer.

It's not the throttling as much as the fan noise. maybe I'm not used to it but it can't even browse the web without turning down the performance or getting ready for a random REEEEEEEEEEE every other minute it's a huge bummer it's great besides that I'm considering repasting the cpu and taking apart the bottom grille. It just doesn't get enough air

I'm a video editor old shit doesn't cut it

>what are zbooks

I want a fanless cheap laptop.. Is Surface Go the only option?

there are more "2 in 1 windows tablet" options, just google that
starting from cheap chink shit up to numerous respectable brands

Attached: 24.05.16_Lenovo_X1Tablet_teaser[1].jpg (1060x596, 144K)

Cube Thinker i35, has the Surface Book screen
gearbest.com/laptops/pp_620996.html

why don't you look at the aero 15x? yes it gets hot and thermal throttles what do you expect in a small form factor and a 1070 thats even a max q design? At least it doesn't look like faggy gamer shit, and has a good gpu / cpu too/battery. But the price is up there.

My 3 years old asus gaymer laptop is practically silent while browsing, definitely try re-pasting it.

>what's a workstation laptop
Newfag detected. Dell Precision, Lenovo ThinkPad, MSI Workstation, HP Workstation, System76, etc.
There's no way you've researched this for more than 10 minutes

dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-laptops-and-notebooks/precision-3530/spd/precision-15-3530-laptop/xctop3530hwus

My T460p doesn't have this problem.

>fanless

Most retarded meme of all.
Just use your phone if you give zero shits about performance.

Remove the mesh on the bottom fan intake. Lenovo used the same shitty mesh they use in their gaming laptops that severely restricts airflow.

It will drop temperatures significantly and also make the fan noise a lower pitch.

Also repaste it with proper thermal paste, do not use liquid metal unless you want to shit all over your warranty (and want to reapply every 6months because its performance tanks).

You'd rather have a 10lb laptop?
Take your chinkpad faggotry back to /tpg/.

Thinkpads aren't a meme, they're the only respectable laptops left in the market. Everything else is gaymer shit, bottom of the barrel $300 Walmart specials or Mac wannabees.

[spoiler]the new razer blade is the least cringe laptop just cover the logo and nice trips[/spoiler]

>thicker = heavier
retard

>good processors and dedicated graphics
>cringe gaymen shit
I think you need to be more honest with yourself, satan.

When will laptop building be as accessible as desktop building?

Most thinkpads have utter dogshit screens that no human being should subject themselves to.

What's the most aesthetically pleasing Thinkpad Jow Forums?

But they've improved their 1080p screen's though, and they've even got HDR you fuck

Why would he void his warranty when he just return it, and buy something that's not a ChinkPad?

Buy a Dell XPS 15, OP.

if you care about thermals just get a desktop like a real Jow Forums man

thinkpad x220, change out hdd for ssd, up ram to 8gb, install void linux, change bios to coreboot, upgrade screen to 1080p
in that order.
costs about $500 and it'll be fast and respect your freedom

To all the people recommending overpriced Dell and Lenovo crap, check out the Tongfang gk5cn6z.
Simple and sleek design, good thermals, up to rtx 2060, possible battery mod.

Even if laptops were thicker they'd still find a way to make them have awful thermals.

Ultrabooks are great, stop being gay

w541, so monolithic and 3k screen

get a p71 and put in a new gpu

Thermal grizzly repaste and heat pads

Are you fucking retarded? The xps15 is significantly louder than the x1 extreme.

normies, all of them

Fanless is great if you don't need that performance. I've got a cute little fanless 13.3" laptop with an IPS screen and a N4200 CPU. It's fine for my use. Could it replace my desktop? Hell no. Can I do much of anything with it beyond playing music, watching videos and browsing websites? No. It's fine for it's purpose. But that won't help OP. If you need to do anything even remotely demanding with a laptop then fanless isn't an option and you'll also want a 15.5" one not a 13.3".