Pacstrap /mnt base base-devel

>pacstrap /mnt base base-devel
>Total Download Size: 315.63 MiB
>Total Installed Size: 1257.91 MiB
How is arch not bloated again?

Attached: arch bloated.png (383x400, 23K)

I don't fucking know just use it if you want to.
Grow the fuck up.

>base-devel

Gnu dogs btfo

>base-devel

Attached: 1545394394256.jpg (640x633, 41K)

It is, no one here pretends it isn't.

Arch is bloat, there's just no good non-bloated alternative.

>entire OS plus dev tools is 1.2 GB
>bloated
Windows 10 is like 20 GB, OSX is about the same.

>install arch bc muh bloat
>install plasma desktop
I'll never understand these faggots

Obviously the kings of bloat are far more bloated than any linux distro. That doesn't make Arch minimal.

bitches don't know bout my LXDE

>minimal DE
>not using a bloated WM instead
i3 plus compton and python-based status bars is still less bloated than LXDE
Not that I care about bloat. One of the first things I did was tlmgr install scheme-full

my neckbeard isn't long enough to swallow the tiling window manager pill

>2019
>seriously memeing about bloat

I'm not him, but what the fuck does minimal even mean if the Arch base which is 800MB, is bloat?
The problems with Arch are related to the forced use of systemd and dublicated core utilities like having both nano and vi in the base group but those can be striped down. The Xorg server is about 250MB more, so basically the functional OS could fit in a 1GB space.

Both Void and stage 3 Gentoo are pretty much the same in terms of disk space. SO where the shit is the bloat? You can't go lower without gimping yourself. May as well use OpenBSD at this point.

muh AUR

What would you offer as an alternative?

Even if it is "bloated", thats not why most people use it. They could easily install any other distro in its "minimal" version, but the reason anyone uses arch is because of essentially the AUR and the Wiki.

>Noobuntu is so bloated
It's not as though Arch users are the only ones to say this.I've seen Debian users say this, and Ubuntu is based on Debian ffs. Bloat idiots are one of the worst plagues of the Linux community, they'd bring progress to a screeching halt, all in the name of saving a few MiB of RAM. It's a shame most of them don't apply the same stance to their caloric intake, rather than resisting the industry trends and just shelling out a few bucks for some RAM. Hell, if your computer is so fucking anemic, you could probably find more RAM for free at your local dump.

>compton and python-based status bars
why?

I don't remember seeing arch users saying that they use arch because it's non bloat. It's that Lukefag is spreading this meme, go bully him.
gentoofags are concerned about bloat

-devel, fucko, you have said -devel

there are binutils, gcc, bison, flex, make, cmake and all the things a brainlet like you does not understand

kys