FUCK U ADOBE

Finally able to dump Pajeet infested Adobe (their offices literally smell like curry) and their shitty subscription-only models without settling for embarrassing substitutes.

Serif has highly competitive PROFESSIONAL products in Photo, Designer, Publisher and are now even building a Lightroom competitor.

Shit is going down.

Attached: index.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=158bJFTETRI
adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off shill

their programs run like shit on windows.

enjoy your gimp

Attached: 1547851628098.jpg (651x651, 83K)

Relevant:
youtube.com/watch?v=158bJFTETRI

Care to show me the source code to whatever product is is you're shilling then?

>and are now even building a Lightroom competitor.
we've had darktable for ages

And there's far too many reasons why professional photographers won't use it.

And no one cares why they feel this way since they have no interest in contributing any effort.

>and are now even building a Lightroom competitor.
This is the only thing keeping me on Adobe currently.
And considering Adobe has put up the prices of their shit AGAIN I'm really considering finding some way to crack what I have and ditch the suite software.

I'm sure that this must have been in the EULA somewhere that I didn't read, but they have a fucking cancellation fee?
What the actual shit, Adobe?

Attached: adobe anal rape.png (730x278, 11K)

>agree to an yearly contract
>surprised when you break it early

It still does not have
>Upscaling images that are PNG
>Blend modes and even Mixer brush mode that Photoshop has
>Clipping mask
>Support for Linux
>Support for Stabilizer when drawing.
The program is not yet ready to even replace Photoshop yet at least for me.

>paying monthly
>if you cancel they let you use it until the next monthly payment is due, but charge you another 5 months because lol get fucked

5 rupees for ya, son

Attached: 32444.png (480x516, 969K)

You pay monthly for your convenience you tard. It warns you very clearly that they're annual with an option for monthly or prepay.

adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

It's cheaper than photoshop and lightroom ever were anyway. It's $120 a year vs like $1200 for the old single license versions. The only ones making a stink are companies that were getting sweetheart deals on licensing for dirt cheap. For individuals and small groups it's better than it used to be

>Paying to use a program
I still have my own pirated version :).

>embarrassing substitutes.
>PROFESSIONAL products
>too many reasons why professional photographers

You know what's embarrassing? Being so concerned with others perceiving you as "pro", and spending lots of money just so that you can be seen to have spent money.

That's actually bollocks.
I bought Lightroom back when it was Lightroom 4 and it cost me 190AUD.
Now, sure, I get Photoshop too with the photographers bundle but I'm still paying 180AUD a year and I can't just go "oh I don't want to upgrade Lightroom anymore" and just keep using it at the current version.
No mistake, it's all about revenue for them. They were well aware of the amount of piracy of their software by individuals and small groups so they brought in these cheap looking contracts to lock people into.

Oh yeah, and they shamelessly change the prices because of exchange rate changes.

know what's even more embarrassing is that you don't know that a professional is someone that does it for a living. i.e. PROFESSION. fuck off back to whatever gay faggot meme software ad OS you use and take an English class while you're at it.

>a professional is someone that does it for a living. i.e. PROFESSION.
And you aren't such a person. If you were you'd know that clients don't really give a shit about what tools you use, they care about the final result. They don't want to be bothered with details like that, that's why they hire a professional, to care about that shit for them.

If you were a professional presumably you'd also have better things to do than to try and shill software on an anime forum.

>>Support for Linux
>Linux
> >2% marketshare
Can you blame them, tho?

Attached: IMG_20181005_103941.jpg (301x205, 9K)

How are they any different from Photoshop if they do not try to stand out. It's fucking simple to do and may help to actually get their name out.

>It's fucking simple to do
Not if you actually want to offer support for the platform, rather than just throw the software out into the wild and let whatever happens, happen.

>2019
>not shipping cross platform application as AppImage or Flatpak or Snap

meant to reply to

>thinking that magically solves everything

What makes you think they want to be "different"?
They want to compete against Adobe, not shoot their foot.
GIMP tried to "be different" and look how that ended up.

>just throw the software out into the wild and let whatever happens, happen.
Open Source in a nutshell.

pic related

Attached: IMG_20190119_205910.jpg (1080x2495, 641K)

>thinking that magically solves everything
It doesn't and I never said it did "solve everything". It's a workaround for the underlying platform issues, but that workaround _works_ by providing a stable runtime, or, in the case of AppImage, your own dependencies.

We had LSB years ago, but that unfortunately didn't work out because distro maintainers gave a rats ass about it.

Jonathan doesn't understand how Flatpak/AppImage work. His compiler would have to merely spit out a standard ELF, which then gets packaged accordingly.

His only point is about cross compilation, as I do not know if Flatpak or AppImage support building on Windows for Linux, but quite frankly I don't care about cross compilation from Windows to Linux. Most build systems I know about OBS etc. are designed with Linux as the host.

the people over at flathub packaged steam as a flatpak and it just werks cross all distributions that support flatpak

>They want to compete against Adobe, not shoot their foot.
Faulty comparison. Afinity could make it on Linux Adobe just does not care. If Affinity took advantage rather than being apathetic on the platform. You would get good PR and people will actively shill it on their own.

You should be embarrassed for making this post with the belief that professional photographers need lightroom or anything else to take produce professional quality images

Attached: 268zj7.jpg (645x729, 32K)

Don't get all butt hurt because you just got schooled on a topic you know very little about.

Never said this or alluded to anything remotely near that at all. You're a real gem!

But since you brought it up and need to be taught I will tell you that the reality is professional photographers need to correct things in post. More often than not. Even with the move to mirrorless, where you know what you'll be getting ahead of time, will require changes to fix things out of a photographer's control or because previewing on camera is very limited and you need to review in a controlled studio environment instead of on-site.

But keep on talking about things you know nothing about. It's entertaining.

Attached: ek2vrBe.jpg (470x345, 41K)

I have no problem at all. maybe you should stop using a toaster

when one labels something 'professional', he usually means that this something enables high productivity, it doesn't look like utter shit and gets the job done. none of these apply to gimp.

>using and shilling Windows
动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Fuck Jannies 六四天安門事件 The Black Lives Matter protests of 2016 天安門大屠殺 The Sandy Hook False Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Goyim Struggle 大躍進政策 The Gay Rights Movement 文化大革命 The Niggers Sent To Africa 人權 Paid Shills 民運 Demoralization 自由 Ebola Weapon 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-Glownigger system 台灣 臺灣 911 Inside Job 中華民國 Republic Not Democracy 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tendie 達賴喇嘛 Install OpenBSD 法輪功 Traps Are Gay 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize For King Nigger 劉暁波 Chris Poole 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Weaves 劉曉波动态网自由门

i use opensource krita and gimp.
because it better and free

>krita and gimp
>better
keke