Guts Thread

Finally cable managed it edition.

Attached: UD3 Cutie.jpg (4032x6048, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC8W7W76755&Description=ek vardar 120mm&cm_re=ek_vardar_120mm-_-9SIAC8W7W76755-_-Product
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nice work.

Attached: IMG_2504-sm.jpg (3000x2000, 595K)

Thanks, The sun actually set while I was outside because it took so long to get the bundles thin enough to put the side on, I now appreciate modular PSUs.

Attached: 20190119_162542[1].jpg (2576x1932, 2.19M)

>Finally cable managed it

Attached: images.jpg (292x172, 8K)

aside from video games what do I need a tower for, I have a 3 year old laptop and never run into any performance issues

>pic
Kek, I put in a WD10EZEX to replace the failing seagate, switched my orange and blue sata cables to matching black sata 3 cables, and blew out the dust bunnies.

I've got 80 dollars in this machine with the sata cables, drive, and to canned airs, it's rare I spend money on this piece.

Towers are cool because you can cheaply upgrade them, I can easily put in a ryzensetup in this case with my existing case, drives, power supply, and even my old ass video card, yet still see performance gains without spending a shitload. Also monitors and peripherals last you generations of hardware on a desktop.

Attached: 20190119_162547[1].jpg (2576x1932, 2.32M)

A basic mid tower with room for 3+ full sized HDDs and a few SSDs is as cheap as $40. Not to mention with shit loads of room for extra fans, if you want to slap on a giant cooler even in a stock setup so the PC is damned near silent. Etc.

However if you're completely satisfied with your laptop, maybe consider a new laptop with docking capabilities.

Sup sluts. I'm really considering a new CPU cooler. My EK fans are great but they get super loud at anything above 50% load

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_28534122565973_20181118_131449957.jpg (2048x1533, 1.22M)

And here's the server with its freshly installed Seasonic PSU.

Attached: ServerNewPSU.jpg (2048x1637, 1.41M)

Best i can do with no space in the rear panel for cable management

Attached: Enermax ECB2030 inside.jpg (1668x1708, 613K)

just took this right now for you guys

Attached: 0119192316.jpg (3626x2080, 1.37M)

Well done, looks much better!

I'm too lazy to take off the panel and yes, it's a mess... Sorry.

Attached: IMG_20190120_061818.jpg (2000x1500, 2.93M)

Looks fine to me, non modular psu is a bitch to manage, and mine has the stiff ketchup and mustard cables.

Z97 was good platform.

fix that sag pls

Seasonic master race

Hell yes. My main build has a Seasonic 650w prime titanium in it.

I'll be getting the R6 for my next case, a white one, if they come out with a proper white one.

If you want the absolute best but at a price premium you can get Noctua but I'd suggest a Dark Rock Pro 4 or the Phanteks one.

Attached: be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-2.jpg (1000x768, 113K)

Looking up benches it seems the Dark Rock Pro 4 loses a little (like 2-3C) to the Noctua NH-D15. That and for some reason it seems the Dark Rock is $100 to the $85 of the Noctua. At least here on Newegg US.
>white R6
ehhh. I feel there are probably better cases out there if you're after pure aesthetics. I bought a blackout model of the windowless R6.It's a feature packed black box but in terms of looks, I feel you can find something better. And that comes from a Fractal fanboy.

What about Noctua fans people? Are poo fans worth the terrible looks? Granted I have no window so I'll never see them.

oh and I forgot to mention/post the picture. The fractal R6 has a proper white one. Unless you're talking a white front panel too. Then don't hold your breath.

Attached: fractal-design-define-r6-models.jpg (1180x997, 342K)

I don't know how, but I have another HD7970 XFX I got for 65 dollars should it break.

Spend $15-$20 on this. It'll save any of your GPUs from sagging every again.

Attached: CM-GPU Brace.png (959x528, 112K)

>17 dollars
I don't know man, I really don't care about this blue pcb sapphire 7970 enough, and it's got a little brace where the GPU is so the sagging doesn't hurt it, my case isn't even windowed anyway. I'm just proud enough to fit a CX750's cables behind the motherboard tray when my nigga on the verge couldn't do it with modular PSU and cube case.

Once it's purchased it's done. The day comes that you get a sick 2080Ti, you'll never have to worry about sag. I use it on my 980Ti Classified model in

Yeah that Newegg price is strange, the DRP4 has never been more expensive than the D15. Maybe there has been a price drop on Noctua seeing as the price has also closed to $6 difference here in Aus.

There are some nice cases out their but for me the R6 hits my noise, looks and hdd priorties. The new Phanteks P600S is a close second.

Yeah I was highlighting that (subjectively) ugly as sin black panel on a white case. They've got lots of feedback from it but I won't hold my breath, just a feint hope they'll come out with a whiteout version before Ryzen 3000

Attached: DR6 side.jpg (1000x1000, 496K)

Yea the R6 case is amazing. I retired my R5 to my server. If you REALLY want a white R6 you can get their white version and paint the front panel yourself.

I'm not sure why I went full retard with muh rgbs. So, don't ask why

Attached: 6987698769.jpg (1600x900, 256K)

EVGA makes some pretty cards, if I had my XFX 7970 in the case I'd maybe try to protect it because it's a black pcb card and XFX made such beautiful HD7000 cards, but this sapphire dual-x card is just so damn hideous I dont bother fixing sag, but the cars performs well and the thermals are great.

Attached: 4.jpg (1200x1600, 486K)

because it's a fad that you'll get sick of eventually and I guarantee you'll be using whatever software to turn off the RGB. RGB is fucking stupid and they charge such a price premium for a few LEDs and controller.

that is nice yea. Old school XFX cards were pretty. I'm telling you user. Get it over with. That $20 after shipping will last you forever and countless video cards.
>inB4 Cooler Master shill
There are other brackets from other companies that do the same thing. Nothing is more sad than seeing a card sag.

Maybe retire your Sapphire card and buy the XFX in now?

I built it last year and got sick of it right away. The software to control everything is fucking retarded.

I didn't buy the rgb fans though. I ordered 2 more stock x62 fans and amazon sent me 4 rgb fans with 2 hue controllers.

yup I know the feeling. Which is why I just stopped and bought decent EK vardar fans. Mag-lev based internals. 3k RPM capable and plain old black.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAC8W7W76755&Description=ek vardar 120mm&cm_re=ek_vardar_120mm-_-9SIAC8W7W76755-_-Product

The fans will outlive you.

I'd replace them, but I only paid $30 for $180 worth of fans

I'm gonna keep beating on it until it won't work anymore, the XFX 7970 I have is a GHz that an ebay seller was dumb enough to sell for 65 dollars and it's very special to me because I had the low end 7750 by XFX for the longest time and the 7970 is just cool to have along with that in my closet of parts.

Well I hope you get the opportunity to use that sexy XFX 7970 before it becomes completely irrelevant. Good on you user.

I was thinking that or a vinyl cover on the front, I'll reevaluate when the time comes in probably June-July

Should put your Waifu on the front.

Attached: 34106175_p0.jpg (1039x1039, 575K)

I don't have a waifu, but I have this instead

Attached: nervpc.jpg (1022x1920, 104K)

>D-Did someone say they had a spare XFX 7970?

Attached: IMG_0248.jpg (4032x3024, 2.17M)

>TFW I have a fully functional FX-9370 in my closet that I know for a fact will hold 5.5GHz all day every day
>MFW all decent AM3+ 990FX motherboards even used are like $150 on eBay

Fug. I'd love to have a wake on LAN, headless, Superclocked FX based build as a dedicated encoding machine but fuck if I'm going to pay that kind of money for used old tech like that.

Attached: ELMA-6.gif (1000x564, 1.49M)

I somehow got that new board for 140 during the mining craze when boards with that kinda of PCIe bandwidth were over 200 dollars, FX chips are basically server chips clocked way up, and they make great retro gaming rigs with Windows 7 getting so old and unsupported by mobos now, there are even full windows xp drivers for that board, it kinda existed in a weird time in 2011 where people were still using XP while 7 existed, so I like to keep FX stuff around because it's faster than a Core 2 duo optiplex with xp.

FX was wasn't bad when you clocked it up. Shame the IPC was so low. I remember my FX-9370 even at 5.5GHz was barely keeping up with a stock i5-4690k in games. But for encoding? Whoo boy get the fuck out the room, crack a window, turn on a fan. That 1080p rip is going to get shrunk so fast it'll cause a black hole.

I miss my FX build :( Ryzen is great, but it just doesn't feel the same. Nostalgia then I suppose.

Even though the IPC is sub core 2 when the 8 cores are loaded up, The multicore performance of an 8350 at 4.5GHz is absolutely killer, the chip cost less than a 3570K and demolishes it in rendering/transcoding. which I do on handbrake, it's about on pair with a locked i7 4770, scores 725 on cinebench R15.

Looks the fucking same. As long as your shit isn't interfering with future changes why care?

yea FX was something special. I'm happy with my Ryzen, but I do remember the days of doing some serious fine tuning clocking with old school non UEFI BIOS. Pic related. My cooling loop asking what the fuck I'm doing and why do I hate it so.

Attached: 1506943446968.jpg (500x500, 53K)

It's just not about looks or caring, it can fuck up the BGA mount and crash your shit and have to replace the GPU, even when it's only pocket chance to do so.
Just put something under it or use fishing string to pull it up. No need to buy some meme devices to hold it up.
Modern GPUs even come with extra brackets that are meant to hold it up.

I went all in on the RGB meme and I don't give a single fuck.

Attached: rig.jpg (2160x3147, 1.05M)

What case?

I didn't care for the longest time, but i was replacing a ded hard drive and dusting, starting pulling cables out the back to see what I could do, and it turned out pretty good for having a cheap, muh watts, non modular bronze psu.

Yeah my sapphire card has a reinforcement bar exactly where the ball grid array is, it's fine. I'm not sweating over this old ass GPU, which is a beast btw.

>tfw FX existed on old school BIOS boards before the UEFI switchover because it's so retro

>some bootleg as fuck string solution
>Or $20 for what amount to an adjustable support bracket that not only works well, but looks professional
yuck. Do you also just duct tape something that's broken and never fix it properly? That's just sloppy.

trash gpu cheaper than box

Just because you're bad with crafting, does not mean everyone is.

How about you ease some weight from that GPU instead of being aesthetic faggot?

>tfw FX existed on old school BIOS boards before the UEFI switchover because it's so retro
And just think. Those FX chips are honestly still relevant these days due to the shift over from single core reliance to multi-core reliance. My buddy is still running his FX-8350 @ 4.5GHz and a 6GB Radeon 7970 GHz edition. He was getting 95+ FPS @ 1080p in 2016 DOOM and 85+ FPS in Far Cry 5.

cute

>non UEFI

>>tfw FX existed on old school BIOS boards before the UEFI switchover because it's so retro

Are you guys sure about that though? IIRC all Bulldozer and further AGESA releases have been UEFI, even when they are turned to use CSM/Legacy by default, CMOS setup utility can look exactly like from the 90's, that does not make it non-UEFI.

That 7970 is a thicc boi, but it's not as heavy as it looks, just a heatsink with a big plastic shroud to make it look more impressive.

>6GB 7970
I salute anybody who bought one of those custom cards because it's still extremely relevant, and the 8350 at 4.5GHz is the sweetspot because even I can get it prime stable on air and have cool temps.

Alot of the early Gigabyte AM3+ boards had a hybrid EFI situation where it was a classic bios with efi support to that it could see larger than a 2TB hard drive. But they are classic BIOSes.

Well when I first bought FX, I had an older 880 chipset motherboard from my Phenom II x4. After a BIOS flash, FX worked as a direct drop in.

how did i do?

Attached: 20190120_092401.jpg (3548x2696, 2.49M)

My God man. Dust that fucker. Invest in compressed air.

If it's capable of running .efi binaries, it's a UEFI BIOS. It doesn't have to run in UEFI mode all the time to still be considered one.

>"EFI and subsequently UEFI motherboards have been available ca. 2010–2011 when Intel introduced its Nehalem architecture in 2008 and then when AMD launched its 800 chipset series in 2009 and later released it in 2010."

>tfw all the clicking around I do in the UEFI is basically a gimmick

Looks better, but you could do with a smaller case without all those 5.25" and HDD bays that you aren't using.

I like this one. It's cute. Specs?

Clean. Maybe swap for Noctua fans to tone the noise down? They sell grey/black fans outside of the industrial line now.

For having no cable management options, that's not half bad.

Does the top GPU get hot in that setup?

Nice and clean. I have the same GPU. How does yours overclock?

Yup. My buddy used to always buy the odd ball AMD cards. Before his 6GB 7970 he owned
>Radeon 3870x2
>Radeon 5970
His 5970 lasted right up until he bought his 7970. I had to talk him down from buying the 7990 and then the R9 295x2. Fucker had a hard on for dual GPU cards.

Pretty much. Not gonna deny that.

OP holy fuck that GPU sag, I literally had that up until yesterday i said "fuck it" because my monitors kept blinking as they are plugged into my GPU.

Pulled the PCI cables up and hooked it around my hard drive holder to support the GPU and it looks much healthier now

huh well no shit. I never bothered to look for UEFI mouse capable mode when I had that motherboard. Learn something new everyday.
>Clean. Maybe swap for Noctua fans to tone the noise down? They sell grey/black fans outside of the industrial line now.

Yea I'm going to be buying the Noctua NH-D15 more than likely. I'll also buy 3x 140mm fans for the case. The poo color doesn't bother me all that much honestly because my case has no window. I'm all about that straight performance.
>Grey/black fans
From what I'm reading their redux models of fans aren't of the same quality as their standard maroon and tan fans.

I won't lie though. Being able to use a mouse in the BIOS is nice. Same with how some motherboards offer a "quick panel" that lets you change commonly used stuff quick instead of digging into the settings.

Oh I absolutely love it though, being able to type that i want 1.38v, and a 220 bus to get 4.4 in a few seconds is fucking cool.

>I never bothered to look for UEFI mouse capable mode when I had that motherboard.
Well yeah, that's what I said in my first post: >setup utility can look exactly like from the 90's, that does not make it non-UEFI.
Most of those Hybrid uEFI or EFI cabale BIOSes looked exactly like non-UEFI ones, even when they all technically had mouse support, a OEM rarely added that into their setup utility, until years later. Meaning you were pretty much unable to tell if it's EFI cabale or not by just looking at it.

When they are well done, it is nice. Loading profiles with just two clicks, etc, are things that are nice to have.

this photo was taken after cleaning

>cabale
Derp. Capable*

>liquid cooled - still full of dust
facepalm

Thermalkek V21 something-something. No bully pls, I know it's a cheap case, but it works fine. I'd actually wish I had one more mesh side panel to replace the transparent one.

Attached: IMG_20190120_103256.jpg (2000x1500, 1.31M)

Not a whole lot of options for cable management in my case.
[spoiler]Sorry about the image quality, don't feel like opening my case right now.[/spoiler]

Attached: guts.png (711x711, 992K)

fuck cable management

Attached: rsz_20190120_104109.jpg (2064x1161, 592K)

uEFI is actually nice in many other ways, it sheds down bloat that has been in BIOSes but not even used anymore for decades.

cabale? Is that like "shazam" or "abracadabra"

do you understand how liquid cooling works? Do you think that because you're exchanging an air based heat medium for a liquid one that dust still wouldn't be a thing? You're still using fans to ram air through the radiator.
might be time to get more compressed air and really go at it. There's a lot of dust on the back of that video card and bottom of the case. Rub stuff down with alcohol.

nice oven dude

>everything ketchup and mustard but the 24 pin
Lol why? i don't even mind cheap PSUs but why bother sleeving one fucking cable?

Better copyright the term quickly

I was never a fan of ITX cases like that or even ITX in general. It's always such a fucking hassle if you need to access something or swap out a broken part. Not to mention the price premium of buying ITX and having to measure everything 15 times to ensure it'll fit your case. Just being able to slam everything into an ATX mid tower is so much nicer.
You couldn't pay me to use that power supply.

Believe it or not, stays pretty cool. 72c max on the GPU, 55c on the CPU.

>72c max on the GPU
TOASTY

That's actually not bad. I have a fully ATX case and my 980Ti gets to 79C/80C under gaming load. Granted the stock fan curve is very lazy.

I've been using it for 6 years with no problems

It's a 1080, and I have my fan curve top out at 60%. Not bad all considered. [spoiler] Maybe it's because I was used to cooking my old 540m at 95c. [/spoiler]

Never claimed it was bad, I'm just funnyposting.
The size of the case considered, those are good temps for any high end CPU/GPU.

that's a core v21

Recent build, might switch back to Ncase, but undecided.

Attached: Ghost S1-min.png (2170x1254, 1.17M)

It's all good. I realize putting high end stuff in ITX is often pushing it, but then again, that was always the appeal of it to me.
Parts access surprisingly isn't that bad (for SFF), with an exception for the m.2 on the back of the motherboard. That thing sucks to get to. I got to remove about 14 to open it to what you see in the photo. Defiantly right about parts fitment. I remember checking dozens of forums posts to see if things would fit.

nice 90c

2063mhz is the highest I've seen it go. But, I think about all 1080tis hit that

honestly man I see these cases run cooler than a normal atx 80% of the time

being able to swap out air over such a short distance is super efficient. My >4L 7700k/1080ti build never broke 70 degrees unless I stress tested, and then it never broke 80 degrees. And I could fit it in my backpack with a wireless keyboard, portable usb monitor and mouse no problem.

>tfw your Vega 56 using 240W won't even hit 59C on 100% FurMark load for a hour with the fans still being inaudible

Attached: 1547871423124.gif (200x200, 105K)

first water cooling build

Attached: IMG_20190120_172722.jpg (3840x2160, 2.99M)

>clear liquid
Based and not gunk pilled.

That's urine

can u gift me vega?
im rocking HD 4670
and tax on tech in my country is 35%