Rate my dumpster diving haul

Rate my dumpster diving haul.

Attached: 1547958528248.jpg (2016x1512, 444K)

But that's actual trash...

Attached: EA6C7632-0216-4E84-ABD4-CC7C27EA3CF7.png (531x370, 60K)

Nice PowerMac.

This.
You have two monitors worth $5 each (which means it's not even worth it to buy a power cable for them. If they take a power brick and you didn't scavenge that then they're worthless), two printers that probably aren't worth the price of the ink even if they work, and a G4 that I'm not sure even has a PSU that can be harvested. (You'd have to look it up to see if it's a standard ATX pinout)

at least you got a sweet brown shoe

>apple

What's the model no. of the Compaq monitor? Used to own one very similar a long time ago.

Tried the monitors, the HP is a 144x900 IPS apparently and a Samsung 1024x768 TN one. Might throw the Samsung away.

Disassembling the printers now, look at this 6 segment display and 595 shift register! Also 2 stepper motors per printer.

Haven't turned on the mac yet.

Attached: IMG_20190120_015345897-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 393K)

You got apple products so by just touching it your bank account has been drained and you have lost all nerd points

Attached: 303D398B-7AFD-4B36-B2E0-E35B0FDA611C.jpg (220x139, 9K)

>6 segment
user, you're too retarded to even do anything with that if you dont know how many segments it has. also they're cheap as fuck on mouser

Maybe you could sell them to some Africans so they can get the gold outta them.

7 I mean.

dino tendies, is that you?

the computer and the monitors i can see, are cool, but why would you bring printers? unless you find an okidata dot matrix that just needs a print head why would you bring printers with you?

we got a component hoarder
show the stash and no one gets hurt

I just acquired a powermac g4 as well. So far it's been a frustrating piece of shit

Mental illness runs deep, doesn't it?

For the components

I'm Southafrican so it makes sense lol

NO!

I need more components to build my robot

are you going to put them in a box or actually use them user?

>we got a hoarder
FTFY - but yeah, c'mon user - show rest then, we know you got more. much more.
they were frustrating POS back when user, idk why ppl think decade or two since improved them any

I'm not OP but I intend to actually use the shit I save. I've got >1000 components in the mail right now too

Really good. Monitors are always a good find and if nothing else the other bits have PSUs that probably still work.

i have at least 12 printers lying around my house. What do?

throw them back in the dumpster.

SHOW THE FUCKING STASH

Attached: 1544424583365.jpg (641x1024, 60K)

OR ELSE

Attached: 1544404844136.jpg (750x1199, 361K)

I accumulated these the old fashioned way: over many years thanks to driver conflicts.

Melt those fuckers for gold and throw them out.

if this was computers we were talking about, that would be different, printers were bad then and they're bad now. are these useful to you in anyway? the answer can't possibly be yes. unless you tell me they're professional of some sort or another and no other printer out there will do the job for less than $500.

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 12K)

It's one of those things where you don't notice the stash growing in your basement storage then one day you count them all up and say, "damn, that's a lot of printers." So now it's just funny to me and I want to see how far w ecan go without forcing it. But since switching to Linux I think driver issues will stop being so bad, fuck Windows.

Attached: 1537429316932.jpg (1312x555, 154K)

lol @ the tabs

Normal people are boring. Most exceptional people were mentally ill.

My immunity dog works for these posts but whatever, nice g4 OP

post the barcode label with the factory specs on the back of the powermac G4
what is it doing? mine with 9.0.4 is pretty good other than braindead multitasking

Clean up the Mac and sell it to some hipster for $500.

that kind of shitwit probably wouldn't even know how to use a keyboard and mouse anymore, it's all about the iphone now

The g4 isn't worth much anymore, you can't even flip G5 as MacPro anymore because they've looked like trashcans for years

Nice, people in my country don't throw out anything. My biggest find was 40gb and 80gb drive, some motherboard from 15 years ago with AMD Sempron.
Maybe I will find something much better one day.

give it back, jamal

>and a G4 that I'm not sure even has a PSU that can be harvested. (You'd have to look it up to see if it's a standard ATX pinout)
if you can't get it to work, gut it, sell the parts and advertise the case for hackintosh modders.