>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>GTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56 ONLY if on sale
1440p
>GTX 2060; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: loss.jpg (250x195, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xpRYCb
pcpartpicker.com/user/realdonaldtrump/saved/DHNCbv
amazon.com/dp/B07BHQD1S7/?tag=pcpapi-20
pcpartpicker.com/list/PcDQ29
wccftech.com/western-digital-launches-wd-black-sn750-nvme-ssd/amp/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My motherboard, processor, graphics card, power supply, and RAM were purchased used. Buying new parts is for chumps

tried to design my own build, first ever attempt. for a gaming pc. how did i do? what can i improve on?

based

forgot the image, my bad

Attached: list.png (1141x667, 111K)

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/xpRYCb

Advice?

by my estimates, only the cooler/case should be out of place. am i right?

I see the RTX 2060 getting shilled in the OP

I'm hoping to establish the extent to which it's encumbered by having only 6GB vram.
Are there situations where a 1070 Ti would outperform the 2060 purely due to having more ram?

TLDR: convince me to buy one

what would be the best monitor for this setup under $300? (gaming). preferably 144hz pcpartpicker.com/user/realdonaldtrump/saved/DHNCbv

Attached: build.png (1030x477, 116K)

Bumping because I am interested in this as well. Debating between a new 2060 (have been able to find one at ~$320, but it's a mini and California taxes fuck it up) or try to track down a used 1080.
For what it's worth, there is a red dragon Vega 56 that is $300, but I can't really get one since I use one of those old Korean DVI only monitors.

Biggest diff would probably the warranty. Unless you're buying a new 1070ti. But new 1070ti seem to cost more than a 2060 atm

Got my new monitor today and while it's great I kept my old one connected and holy shit having 2 monitors is amazing. I've been wasting my life in front of a computer for the better part of a decade but it has never been this efficient.

spend 78 dollars extra and get a 1440p 144hz dell 24 inch monitor

>dell 24 inch monitor
freesync or gsync?

There is no reason to get a TN monitor in 2019.

I got a Dell monitor. Pic related. I got it on sale for $350. G-sync, 165HZ. TN panel but it works very well.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190120-014618_Firefox.jpg (1079x1250, 303K)

TN?

Is the Noctua nh-d15 actually really good? Or is it a meme? I'm looking to get a cooler that will damn near outlive me.

There are different kinds of panel types. TN , IPS, VA. TN is prone to being on the high refresh rate panels in the sub $400 range.

Extremly good!
The only problem is its height.. you cannot fit it in most midi cases...

thoughts?

Attached: monitor.png (775x242, 103K)

I have a Fractal R6 so I don't think height will be a problem. As it is I have a stock 1700X. I fully intend to upgrade to the new top dog AMD 3700X or whatever it'll be called. So I'm hoping the Nh-d15 will be able to cool that chip as well.
Looks decent but if I'm being honest, $250 for 1080p seems high considering for $100 more the Dell panel I mentioned is also 24", but it's 165HZ, 1440p, and offers G-sync support.

Unless you have an AMD card and want to stick with Freesync, there are other options available with freesync, 144HZ, and 1080p that are cheaper.

holy shit
are you THE realdonaldtrump???

THE realdonaldtrump

somebody told me to come here from the chat

how do i get air out of my liquid loop?
picking up/rotating the computer is not possible

Where is your reservoir located in the loop?
>picking up/rotating the computer is not possible
why?

Attached: nissin-bowl-noodles-hot-spicy-beef-flavor-3-28-oz-17.png.jpg (500x411, 51K)

Attached: 479187FD-6AA8-4D9D-B971-451D29F502EC.jpg (4032x3024, 2.34M)

but why? What are you gaining? Are you asking how to bleed a loop when the ENTIRE PC is submerged in said liquid? Sorry to break it to you, but you gained nothing at all from submerging your PC in oil.

Attached: 1518127013407.jpg (188x268, 8K)

I thought it would look neat
Not disappointed

amazon.com/dp/B07BHQD1S7/?tag=pcpapi-20

Do the windows power settings actually matter?

High Performance is just a waste of electricity I assume since it'll be on high performance if I actually go do something intensive like play a game right?

Attached: 1394386893599.jpg (598x462, 57K)

Yes if you're on a laptop they help save battery. On desktop High Performance is recommended. Power usage increase is negligible because Power saver vs High Performance means the CPU will actually reach full clock speed instead of capping due to power settings. Same with HDD's. They'll spool up faster etc.

If the extra $12 a year in electric bill makes a difference in your yearly income, you need to re-evalute your finances.

There's no game out yet that breaks 6gb of vram outside of probably extreme fringe cases where you're running multiple 4k displays, but you're not going to use *only* a 2060 for that.
The 6gb will probably hamper it in the future though, forcing an upgrade while a similarly powered 8gb card would still manage fine.

Am I seeing things? Wasn't this same pic used not two generals before, in the OP?

Guy making the threads must be at a loss for creativity

>The 6gb will probably hamper it in the future though, forcing an upgrade while a similarly powered 8gb card would still manage fine.
hmmm that gives me pause, sounds like a 1070 Ti might be more future proof, no?

Well I'm just guessing, but I'm basing it off my wish that I had picked up one of the 3gb 7970's way back when because the 2gb on my 770 is annoying me, but there's really nothing out that's exciting enough for me to upgrade to. I'd always go for extra vram over anything if you're comparing cards with simliar performance after that. At the time I figured the progression would be the same and I'd have to upgrade again by the time the vram became an issue.

I have a 6GB GTX 980Ti. In newer games like Black Ops 4, GTA5, DOOM, etc I see nearly 5.1GB of VRAM usage when playing on my 165HZ panel. If you have the budget, grab a 1070Ti. Or see if you can get a non Ti 1080. Yes, there is a difference of around 9% between the 1070Ti and 1080. 1080 uses GDDR5X based memory while the 1070Ti has less Compute units AND uses standard GDDR5. No matter how much you overclock that difference won't be made up.

I’m currently cooling my 4.2 GHz 2700X with the Wraith Prism it came with, it gets the job done but is a little too noisy for when i’m working.
I’m considering a Noctua NH-D15 (90€ here) for its quietness and performance, yay or nay ? I don’t know if i’m overkilling it or not

Attached: image.jpg (605x974, 490K)

I was asking about that cooler ITT as well. Short version. The NH-D15 with dual fans is the BEST air cooler on the market. Hands down. The NH-D15 goes toe to toe with even some 240mm AiO liquid units and beats out other dual tower coolers by as much as 3C. (Phantek and Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4). If you can get over the color of the fans, it'll serve you well.

Why are samsung 970s (nvme ssds) going up in price? Is it because they're releasing the qlc ssds soon and want to slot it into that price point?

i hear evga does the best nvidia cards but are there any that are nearly as good for much less?

evga is the longest lasting name, I'm more partial to MSI myself.

Thanks dude, I think im gonna go for it.
I might need a backup plan though because the NH-D15 is 165 mm in height which is exactly the max capacity of my case, so if you have other recommendations i’m all ears

Noctuas are overpriced, but they work well and are always easy to install.

normal 970 EVO's are probably selling really well tbqh, noone wants to deal with SATA cables anymore for OS drives.

The cooler is actually 160mm in single fan mode, the extra clearance is only needed if the second fan is mounted higher for RAM. I recently got a nh-d15 and stuck it in my s340 (161mm clearance). I have a 120mm fan instead of the 2nd big one which probably doesn't do much but it fits.

I'm not sure what cooler i want to go with and I'm probably gonna drop the m2 to a 2.5"

pcpartpicker.com/list/PcDQ29
Any other adjustments I should make?

What's the point of just having OS on your SSDs? lol, apart from faster boot there's 0 benefits.

the only way we will know more than 4gb vram is required is what the PS5 has.

but honestly the PS5 might even be canceled and if they go cloud 4gb vram might be enough for literally a decade. don't buy a gpu for a year wait for intel and navi and non raytracing nvid..

booting faster is more important when you're doing actual work that isn't data entry, high-level programming and browsing Jow Forums.

Ideally you'd use a VM for most of it, but not everything cooperates.

Why do the RTX cards look so ugly? Most of them are decked with extra RGB and weird shrouds.

Literally everything you do related to the OS is faster, not just boots.

imagine still parroting this dumbass meme in 2019

Best I can get for 700€?

Exclude HDD as I already have one.

>€
Isn't it basically impossible to tell you?
Every time i try and help one of you guys you're like "um, I can't order those parts because that's a german site" or some shit.
Helping australian's is less annoying and they'll call you a cunt while thanking you.

Reminder that only 1 in 5 Australians you help are actually people
Likely fake Australians include
>Spiders
>Snakes
>Koalas
>Kangaroos
>Stingrays

When we can expect 7nm Nvidia or AMD gpu's? I want something which can run 1440p 144hz smoothly for max 500€.

AMD will probably release somehting midrange in the second half of the year.
Nvidia will probably mock it for not having raytracing and release something next year if it doesn't beat their shit in performance. If it does beat 20 serie sin performance nvidia will probably catch wind of it and beat AMD to release as usual by throwing more money at TSMC

I have gtx 1070 from 2016 and I don't see anything worthwile to upgrade.

Yep, GPUs suck right now because raytracting meme has blown die size and GPU costs sky high and AMD top card can only barely beat the 2060 in most games

wccftech.com/western-digital-launches-wd-black-sn750-nvme-ssd/amp/
I love the look of those heatsink drives

mmmm yeah, I'm going to stuff one of these into a white mobo and ask if blacked wants to sponsor my build.

Dont most of those ricer mobos come with their own m.2 heatsinks?

Yeah but I think the M.2 slot under the top PCI slot is usually the longer one and I don't think you can swap them with the M.2 heatsink above the slot

they don't look as KEWL

building a cheap PC for some light 1080p gayming, thinking of getting an rx580
is the 4GB version good enough or should I go for the 8GB?

8gb, definitely.

Get the 8.
4gb is only acceptable if you're getting the 570 as a kind of stopgap upgrade.

Where's the resident AMD namefag shill? Thankfully haven't seen him in a while.

There is literally no reason to ever get the card with less RAM unless you're doing some insanely small build.

Even then most small form factor cases have room for a full sized card

sorry for dumb question, but is it not possibly to buy a founders edition / nvidia brand 2060?

is 6GB DDR6 better than 8GB DDR5?

Yes it's possible, depends on the availability. You shouldn't get it though, not when non reference models like the MSI Ventus exist. Those are better.

Looking at upgrading my PC to handle a new 144hz monitor and possibly vr.

Currently has a i7 2600k and 16gb of ram, as well as a 4gb GTX 960.

I'm a cheapskate, so will simply slotting in a Vega 64 do the trick?

Attached: ArQ4fM3k_400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

Depend on the bus width
Even the R9 290x has comparable bandwidth (320GB/sec) to the 2060 (336GB/sec) because the 290x has a monstrous 512bit memory bus, while the 2060 is only 192bit

Games I'll be looking to play are:
Fallout 4,
Assassins Creed Odyssy
Battlefield V

Shit like that, AAA games.

What I'm concerned about is my i7 2600K limiting the newer GPU.

It's overclocked to 4.5ghz so that shouldn't really be a problem, was just wondering.

Attached: post ur cats.jpg (3840x2160, 1.07M)

There's a video on youtube somewhere basically comparing every generation of i7 side by side in gaming. I don't remember where it is right now but yeah a 2600k will limit your maximum frame rate quite a bit compared to really anything newer than ivybridge. I don't remember the exact framerates they get though.

>Buy 14mm Noctua Redux PWM fans
>They're the loudest motherfuckers I've ever had on my computers

I thought the shillmasters said Noctua could do no wrong, but was betrayed.

Attached: 55d28a6b-409c-4155-9a20-fc07b7b022c7.png (658x427, 324K)

If computer fans are mounted in squares, why dont they make the fans squares?

The redux are cheaper fans, and I think they're made for industrial applications where sound isn't important. You were supposed to get the brown fans, but you appear to have fallen for the muh colors meme.

Aren't these for servers? The Brown noctuas have silicon anti vibration pads and mounts

redpilled

Why the sudden recommendation for RTX series?

>buy fan designed to push air through server racks without giving a shit about noise
>why is it loud?
Might as well have gotten deltas. If you want something silent get the fucking NF fans, the brown/beige colored ones

I have a KVM Passthrough setup that works fine with my R9 290X. I recently got a 4K monitor and the 290 cannot handle it on recent games. I want to upgrade the gpu and I'm thinking about the RTX 2080 or the Radeon VII. I value more stability and ease to swap it on the VM rather than memes (RTX). So which one to buy?

>The redux product line reissues some of Noctua’s most popular, award-winning models by presenting them in streamlined packages that have been reduced to the essential core: premium quality quiet cooling solutions. All redux edition products are industry proven, time-tested models that have convinced thousands of customers and helped to found Noctua’s reputation as a first-tier supplier of premium grade low noise cooling equipment. Backed up with full 6 years manufacturer’s warranty, the redux product line provides trusted Noctua quality at an accessible price point.

They're advertising quietness. The IndustryPPC is a different Noctua line.

the industrial line is full speed server fans. I have two of them (140mm) that run at 3500rpm

my pc sounds like a jet engine when it starts

Maybe don't run them on highest settings dumbass?

They're louder than any other 140mm fans I've had at 1000rpm already, or pretty much anything beyond 50%. They pretty much double the noise the computer makes unless I keep them at minimum at all times. And there's 4 other fans inside the chassis. None of them are as noisy in normal use.

Is Windows 10 that much better than 8.1 for later titles/hardware? I know AMD stopped support (with 7 drivers still working) but I just grabbed a RX570 for really cheap and I wonder if I'm really missing out.

What's the best 24-inch monitor my dudes?

>1080p only. May consider 1440p but just stick to the former.
>Doesn't have to be IPS; TN is fine but color reproduction should be excellent.
>1-5ms, whatever.
>75+ Hz is good. I can settle with 60 Hz
>Syncs can be there or not

Yes my GPU can handle it just answer the question.

Attached: CHOKESLAM WOW WHAT AN IMPACT.gif (300x300, 2.67M)

Are all decent PSUs over $70 these days?

I'm trying to replace mine with something that can handle a ryzen 2600x + rx 570 build without being too noisy.

I just got this for 150€.
It's a 4/5 year old Dell Optiplex 7010.
I'd like to add a dedicated GPU but I need to replace the PSU for that. I'd also like to buy a 1080p IPS monitor, change the case and buy a 240/500gb SSD. Can I do it all for under 500€?
Asking for a friend. I didn't buy the PC for myself.

Attached: test.png (665x530, 41K)

2600x or 2700x with a gtx 1080 at 1440p?

How would any of those even use a computer? The only likely ones are koalas and we’re too busy sleeping

While I don't have a budget right now (money issues, will have to save up you know how times are tough these days but I can be patient and wait it's no hugey I have this old spare to usw) I'm just trying to get an idea of what I could expect to pay for a gaming machine that would have some breathing room. If I hold off on the graphics card I can probably still use a still working 770 from this RIP computer and my 1080p screen as well as psu which I have 2 separate ones. I mean just to initially save on the costs and maybe be able to put more towards cpu/motherboard/ram/ssd (never got one of these before) /possibly case too might as well get a new one of those mine was 50 dollars in 2011. Those are really the main things I need right? So basically I want a level or 2 down from just crazy overkill but with some breathing room as I said. Future VR support would also be nice but again I would wait to buy that especially if I stick with the 770.

Just get a corsair RMx. Yes they're pricey but they are silent and top tier. Fan won't even spin up unless you torture it.

Line breaks faggot. Not reading your rambling shite.