People still unironically buy Nvidia

People still unironically buy Nvidia

Attached: 1.png (1240x698, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X7_gWbVJJPs
kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/ryan-burgess/independent-tests-show-that-amd-has-the-most-reliable-graphics-drivers/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>gaymen
back to

people still believe stupid comparisons unironically.

what if I got a 1060 3gb for $140 and I overclocked it

DELET

You would still be memory limited going forwards.

Its because NVIDIA doesn't overheat like AMD, and it uses less power.

That's an old meme. They use a bit more power but no way are as noisy as in the past. The amount of power you would use on day to day gaming sessions will be trivial anyhow. RTX 2060 idles at 10w. Vega 56 idles at 14w.

this. i live in india and it's very hard to buy a power supply capable of outputting more than 400w on my salary and if half of that envelope is sucked up by my intel cpu what choice do i have? i have to buy nvidia.

nvidia has drivers

>No drivers meme
kys

Cost per frame doesn't matter if you're only getting two frames per second.

Attached: Smug Horse.jpg (630x537, 58K)

Typical Nvidiot thought process

People are still chasing the dragons tail

People unironically are willing to pay more for better drivers.

>He actually believes such nonsense
Go away flat earther

It is real life for some of us, doesn't matter for winbabies though.

t. Jensen

I still plan to buy a 1050 Ti because it's the most powerful GPU that doesn't require external power. The RX 560 doesn't come close.

Hello there pajeet. If you actually used any AMD GPU you'd know that they are a pain on both Linux and Windows. One turd has been deposited into your Bank of India account.

I honestly don't know what is a pain on windows, sorry.

If you actually had a brain you might use it

Attached: performance-per-dollar_1920-1080.png (500x1010, 51K)

Attached: nvidiadrivers.webm (1232x720, 2.46M)

I've got the RX580 because I'm a bit of a cheap fag, but I have to say, there's usually a good chunk of problems with Radeon cards that don't seem to happen with Nvidia counterparts. I went out to buy a freesync monitor, turns out that lots of Radeon cards have issue with some monitors with the Displayport/freesync combo - so I had to switch down to HDMI. Stuff like this doesn't seem to happen with Nvidia..

So backing up the evidence

>Cost per frame
>Disregarding electricity cost and heat

WOOOOOW

That's a problem with Freesync monitors in general. Buy cheap shit. Get cheap shit. The GPU's themselves are fine.

If you are playing more than a couple of hours a day you are either underage or should get a fucking job. Power usage is irrelevant as the PC will either be off or idling with only a few watts usage on the GPU side.

lol cost per frame, how about cost per budget and individual priorities

I have 1440p and I want to play at near absolute max settings so I bought a 1080 Ti, and guess what, I can afford it. But for some games, it's still not good enough for high refresh rates without lowering settings, so when the 3080 Ti (yes, 3080 Ti) comes out, I'll be getting it.

Attached: 2080ti vs 1080ti 1440p.jpg (1275x598, 49K)

Watch this and stop swallowing the new shiny shiny Jewish cock.

>The fact I have a nuclear reactor in my PC doesn't matter because I only run it a couple hours a day

The absolute state of Ayymd drones.

Now add the cost of the rest of the PC.

Im sory but I dont want to be lumped along AMD poorfags.

and AMD cpu/gpu tend to consume more power and hotter

>Run Ryzen
>Lower power usage offsets any excess from the GPU

See

>Nvidiots believe the first thing people who are buying a new GPU look at is power usage and not marketing spiel like Goytracing.

I've played all my games in back log. So unless you have a valid point to buy choosing cost per frame instead of within your own budget and priorities, then swallow your own Jewish cum elsewhere.

>power usage is irrelevant

i guess im staying away from amd in the future if power usage is irrelevant. thanks for the heads up

It is relevant. But not to the degree that Nvidiots try to make it out to be. The difference is literally a few cents extra per month. The only real issue is additional heat and noise but even that'#s not it was with the 290X for instance (that thing was LOUD!). The past always tarnishes the present.

Now post the graph with cards for non potato machines.

Only if you run a single monitor. AMD cards like to hog 2-3 times the power while idling with more than a single monitor. It depends on how long you keep the card, how long your PC stays on per day, how much you pay for your electricity and the exact cards you're comparing, but $50 extra over the lifetime of the card isn't unusual.

That's why I've had little interest in buying an AMD card in quite a while. When you add $50 to the price, the cards no longer seem very appealing.
>but $50 over two years is nothing
I don't expect this to make sense for a bunch of people here, but for me $50 now is almost the same as $50 in two years. I always think in long term costs because in 99% of the cases, the short term costs are insignificant to my overall wealth. I don't need to "save up" to get computer hardware, and that always seemed puzzling to me. Who doesn't have that kind of money readily available if they're not living in a third world country?

>Only if you run a single monitor. AMD cards like to hog 2-3 times the power while idling with more than a single monitor.
I have a Kill-o-watt meter. Switched to single monitor. Dropped about 5 watts. Whoopee fucking doo. It's literally nothing.

It's because nvidia is useful.

For wiping my butt with

>Muh AMD power meme

Attached: Vega 56 stats.jpg (160x273, 10K)

For everything gaymes, and non gaming software chump.

>Muh CUDA
>Muh Adobe

Attached: higherthanvega.png (822x399, 964K)

>much console ports
See, you're the stupid one. Enjoy your glorified Xbox kid.

Can't wait for stupid AMD to go bankrupt. Imagine how cheap Nvidia GPUs will be!

Attached: IMG_20190112_034155.png (656x960, 560K)

>Cost per frame

This is getting to NBA tier level obscure useless stats.

>Buy inferior products with your money goyim
Great argument, retard.

kys tripfag

He was being sarcastic

Do you know user intimately?

No, seriously, I think we gamers would greatly benefit from having just one DirectX GPU manufacturer. They could focus all of their attention to giving us performance and lowering the price.

Are you American by any chance?

Just buy the inferior amd product user. This way you can support mediocrity, and stagnation. Imagine not having to sell a good product ever, because anons will buy your shitty products no matter what. That's AMD.

If you can't read between the lines it's your fault

You just described Nvidia though

Yeah, people are saying they can only compete in mid-range and not in high-end because they have significantly smaller GPU R&D budget compared to Nvidia but me and my uncle think this is bullshit and they just don't want to do any better.
So yeah, I hope in the near future we can only buy GPUs from Nvidia. And fuck those non-USA phones also, hope Apple remains the only producer of phones.

>Imagine not having to sell a good product ever
In every new generation of cards, only 2 of the 6 cards nVidia makes are actually worth buying.

And in the 2000 series, really none actually are worth buying.

Literally talking about Nvidia here.
You fell for the neon green marketing materials and slogans meant for kids, user.

Only poorfags complain of this. And I buy

How did you know?

LOL i'm not poor to buy from company that doesn't even have the highest FPS GPU out ther. Soon AMD will go bye by and you working class monkeys will have no choice but to buy the best Nvidia lol

Unless I am mistaking it as belief, not sarcasm, I'd say the post encapsulates a retarded consumerist idealist mentality that SOME Americans have about big businesses and the lack of understanding about monopolies.

>Literally talking about Nvidia here
>You fell for the neon green marketing materials and slogans meant for kids, user.
Outside of gaming Nvidia Geforce cards have cuda, nvenc, and software available that takes advantage of them.
AMD on the other hand can literally only do gaming if you turn off all the features, and anti aliasing.
AMD is locked down to only vidya, and has no worthwhile software support outside of that realm.
So kys amdfag your PC build is basically an Xbox.

nigga you just mad your teams losing theres nothing else to it. why would you buy anything from someone who cant even make the best model it doesn't even make sense lol. Its like buying generic store brand snacks or something lol

And amd releases none that are worth buying unless your goal is low end good enough gaming.

>If you can't read between the lines it's your fault
Calm down user. I didn't know that you two were gay for each other. I don't fuck males, so your in no danger if losing your teanny liver to me.

*Tranny lover

>cuda
What is OpenCL?
>, nvenc
What is VCE?

Totally this. Am I supposed to play at 1440p60 for $250 WTF what the fuck? I'll rather play at 110 fps for $650 ez.

>What is OpenCL?
No adopters CUDA is widespread
>What is VCE
Literal shit. Quicksync, and NVENC rapes vce.

Ryzen is more power efficient than intel, retard shill, you enjoying that 1770Watt chiller?

>gaymering
Of course that's your concern. I'll bet youre also referencing the same games that are available on console, and none of the PC games actually worth playing.

>your teams
I have an Intel 4770K from 2013, and an nVidia 1080 Ti.
When I upgrade this year I'll be getting an AMD 3700X. At 1440p I don't consider my 1080 Ti to be good enough.

I don't let the products I own influence my views. Monopolies are bad. Only a couple of products in a lineup are worth buying.

Jesus christ dudes its not like you dont have parents. Ask your parents to buy you gold (Nvidea) like I did and don't settle for silver (AMD). Both me and my little brother got Nvidea chips for Christmas you just have to ask. Frames are super smooth to be honest and stickers are a nice bonus too.

Yeah but don't you think Nvidia would be able to make even better products once they win against AMD? Like literally they can just focus on providing value to us once they don't have to fight AMD.

cant tell if troll or genuinely retarded.
let me guess, net neutrality was a bad thing?

There's no way you could possibly think that unless you haven't looked at any tech news in the past decade.

If AMD disappeared from the GPU space, nVidia would raise prices straight away, and then release cards that are only 10% better than their last cards at massively increased prices, and tell people like you to either buy it or buy nothing.

>There's no way you could possibly think that unless you haven't looked at any tech news in the past decade.
Why else would I shit on the only competitor, the company that's keeping monopoly at bay? I mean, who in their right mind would would shit on an underdog if the alternative was monopoly?

Why did you link my post user?

I'm not sure which post is you are referring to, but I probably did it because you replied to a post that was in reply to mine.

>Why else would I shit on the only competitor, the company that's keeping monopoly at bay? I mean, who in their right mind would would shit on an underdog if the alternative was monopoly?
This implies that you were being sarcastic the whole time in wanting only nVidia to sell DX graphics cards

Second part of post was quoting . Woops.

Not my post.

Vague much?
I replied to your post which was a reply to a reply to a post of mine, the other two were replies to mine directly.

As stated here : is my reply to >Why else would I shit on the only competitor, the company that's keeping monopoly at bay? I mean, who in their right mind would would shit on an underdog if the alternative was monopoly?
This implies that you were being sarcastic the whole time in wanting only nVidia to sell DX graphics cards

what if i got a 1070ti for 310 dollars?

Really underrated bait. Surprised you didn't get anyone, user.

Multiplats are always best experienced on PCs.

compare watts per frame and vega is going to not even fit on the chart

cost per frame is only a good analysis if you set a minimum framerate

a card you buy for 15 bucks but that gets 15 fps is a better deal than all of these card according to this graph

not to mention memory matter alot in these cases, the 570 is still a shitty deal often because you're buying what was once a step-down flagship card, but it only ever had 4g memory

also the power delta for these systems is not a joke, a 1050ti could be put in literally any computer that meets the pcie 3.0 spec and has a half-height slot. iirc there are zero half-height 570's, but I could be wrong.

don't argue with fanboys. I bought nvidia for the extra frames and because I got a cheap 144p gsync monitor.

I'm a fanboy of both tho, I have two 1080ti's and a 580/vega 56

Does noone in these hardware threads see reason? Can noone get excited about this stuff without badmouthing others?

AMD fans are always buying cheap shit, bragging about getting better performance per dollar or whatever while gaming at 1080p 30fps.
Meanwhile Nvidia fans spend ~$600, which isn't much for anyone with a job, and play games at 1440p 60fps.
You don't hear THEM bragging about making a smart purchase because they are actually having fun with a good product.

AMD has atrocious driver support and their hardware are power hogs.
I refuse to buy an AMD GPU even if they were throwing at me for free due to past experiences with their crapware.

kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/ryan-burgess/independent-tests-show-that-amd-has-the-most-reliable-graphics-drivers/

hello jensen keep shilling

>Does noone in these hardware threads see reason? Can noone get excited about this stuff without badmouthing others?
this is fucking Jow Forums, what did you expect? i get called a amd/intel/nvidia fanboy like every 5 minutes