Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Applications
gs.statcounter.com/faq#methodology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it just werx

because I'm a cuck

It came with my Surface Pro™

vidya

It came pre installed on my $30 RCA tablet and there are no drivers I can install on other versions of Windows.

It's all I know

Job requires usimg photoshoop

I don't.

Because I crave for nigger cock

I like it when things work.

Because there's no good FL Studio or premiere/After FX substitute on linux

Running Windows 8.1 for gaymes. Unfortunately any newer hardware requires Windows 10 with all its spyware and keylogging. I wouldn't put my customers' data (if I had any customers) on a Windows machine unless I wanted a lawsuit, but for gaymes, it's good enough. And for bitcoin mining. For everything else (browsing the web, playing GZDoom, music, movies, torrents, JDownloader, compiling code, java, mono, C++, rust), there's Linux, oh, and Drobo for data storage (ouch, I'm gonna get roasted for that one).

Forgot to add, Linux for running your crypto wallets. But only on AMD FX CPUs or earlier. No Intels, and nothing newer than AMD FX. Sorry :( Why? Read about Intel ME, Intel AMT and AMD PSP. Basically, another OS running on your hardware, (speculation: ready to be remotely activated).

Because I wanted to keep using Windows 8, but I couldn't find a valid seller, and I've been screwed multiple times before when I tried obtaining it through "other" methods. So I just disable as much telemetry as I can, turn off all the automatic updates, and work with it.

Explain this.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-20 Linux market share.png (1083x716, 47K)

I did. I got mine from mdl and activated with the kms there but shortly got hacked. Teaches me to trust a single thing Jow Forums says.

>game dev so i use the same machine as most gamers for bug testing
>tired of ugly looking linux distros
>doesn't require retarded wiki hurdles to setup simple things
>muh vidya
>muh software that isn't written by people who think open source is so cool that they need to rewrite the same thing over and over to see just how ugly and clunky they can make it
>problems i find aren't dependant
>it just werks
i fell for the linux meme for a few years when i had a shit computer, but it's just ridiculous outside specific professional usage or tinkering.

Attached: 1542263821382.jpg (453x470, 16K)

I like being productive

I fell for the VR meme

Attached: 1547284136459.gif (478x350, 84K)

Because I run Enterprise, disabled telemetry and run GlassWire as a firewall so why not?

I'm not a fan but it's better than missing out on W10 features along with games that I legitimately own on the Windows Store

Linux based distributions are just too pricey for the average user... oh wait

because I start it and it works. It's plug and play. Does everything that others do and more. Play games. I need it for work, makes cash.

Ofc as a hobby/selfhosted stuff I have some debian vm's. But there is nothing for me to switch.

So what (why) do you use? Don't tell me: Arch?

Games.

job environment only works on linux

It's not pricey. it comes with the hardware and the cheap fags torrent it anyway.

>games
Grow up, you're a man not a 13 year old kid

I don't have to fight with it
changing one thing doesn't make the whole thing shit itself and die
it has a relatively unified design
no command line shit that means I have to wiki every single thing I want to do to find the commands, 95 times out of 100 I can just go in and figure it out
my computer is good enough that the bloat doesn't matter, etc

It just shows how truly rare and elite are people with deep appreciation for aesthetic ricing and anime wallpapers.

What do you do for hobbies and stress relief?

Gay sex.

dress like a girl and watch anime of course
fucking proprietary brainlet

No reason not to

>listens to music
>watches youtube
>watches movies
>reads books
>consumes any entertainment outside of games
>lul, games are for kids

Attached: 1546463106465s.jpg (125x124, 2K)

need for some software for university

Hold on, so Linux is better than Windows... And free... How come people won't woke up to it still? What are you all doing? Spread the word!

Attached: wangblows.png (655x539, 56K)

Literally fake news

YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP

I need to get work done

Was using LTSB and it was fine, no useless shit anywhere but I've been getting increaingly paranoid because I used 3rd party kms to activate it.

Games. Far as I know (I could be wrong, though) previous versions of Windows aren't as good with modern hardware and titles. I like 8.1 more than 10 but I'm not gonna go through the trouble just to have to get back here.

im not paraniod schizophrenic

IT'S GROWING
THE YEAR IS FINALLY HERE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Applications
>While the statistics released by the company routinely place operating systems sold by Microsoft (Windows) and Apple (Mac OS X) with a high market share in the desktop computer category (through 2013), Vincent Vizzaccaro (EVP – Marketing and Strategic Alliances, Net Applications, 2002–present) has stated that Microsoft and Apple are among the company's clients. The company has also admitted that their statistics are skewed. These admissions and the fact the company doesn't make their data sources or processing methods public, has led some to criticize the company, questioning their impartiality and the reliability of their statistics.

kek

gaymes

VR doesn't have very good support with windows 7, I had to upgrade if I wanted games to run right. But jokes on microsoft I never bought a license :^)

helping mom with her computer over the phone
>I have a disgusting windows 10 chrome with the entirw msoffice suite VM that I run DAILY to help her with her with stuff
>she likes using sumatra pdf because you can turn the pages without lagging
>us govt websites dont work in anything but chrome
>drm for us govt pdfs require an online only pdf streaming application for win 10 only
>federal govt uses outlook and onedrive for sensitive documents

So it's a conspiracy then.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-20 Desktop Operating System Market Share Worldwide StatCounter Global Stats.png (1147x660, 71K)

This, it just werks, what else?
Also I have two thinkpads, and windows work the best with it

For gaming. I wish I could just format my drive and never install Windows again, and we'll probably get there eventually, but not yet.

It just works and I see no benefits from switching to something else.

Attached: 154166092912.jpg (700x700, 203K)

I like constantly fixing inane problems.

I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU

gs.statcounter.com/faq#methodology
>What is the StatCounter Global Stats sample size per country/region?
>2.7 billion - United States
>2.1 billion - Turkey
>1.8 billion - India
Oh no, everything is perfectly legitimate XD

There's about 3 programs I can't live without that aren't available for Linux. Until that changes, I keep a Wangdows computer solely for this purpose.

you can extend that to 1992 and get the same chart

because i'm cute

Attached: 1547805333486.png (1920x1080, 1.48M)

Solid works

Came installed on my prebuilt and I'm too (((cheap))) to delete something I already paid for.
>dual booting GNU/Linux

I don't, yet.

Easy to use
Best hardware support
Games
It's the most popular OS in my country

>it just werks

Because I need it to play FFXIV. I'm not getting a console or going through the nightmare of trying to get it to work in Wine. Windows 10 just werks when you turn off the shitty updates.

damn, you're cute

to name a few
>I'm not stubborn
>I'm not paranoid
>it just works
>linux has shitty software alternatives like gimp

Everything is develop to work in windows. For day to day, Linux is a hassle. Often I need to fix bugs and that's a lot of grinding.

>"i need muh big icons to click an do wat i want"
>"muh games"
>"everyones using it, so its obviously good"

Attached: u.png (478x523, 14K)

I use Windows 7, if nothing, to piss of certain idiots here

Tell me one thing I can't do on Windows.

Attached: 1455806304844.jpg (312x345, 21K)

>debilitating oneself only to spite others

Latest build win10 with botnet disabled as much as possible is comfy as fuck, whats wrong with wanting your software up to date? I also only dev C++ and C# anyways and visual studio is nice for it. Linux virgins need to fuck off

>nothing from Adobe on lincucks

I play video games.

thank god

because it Just Werks and all other slaves use it

I'm a br/o/, and Forza Horizon 4 is only on Windows 10.

Install updates when and if you want

Came with my laptop thinking about dual booting it with arch(its the 6 time im fixing the mic and it has gotten worst every fucking time )

I can use all the god tier software and video games this based world produces.

I can have Linux inside of it thanks to WSL. I have Ubuntu with an Openbox session thanks to a third party X server, with some splitted Terminator which I use for software development.

It looks good, elegant. Most importantly the desktop paradigm used makes a lot of sense to me, closest to this in Linux is KDE.

Over the years a lot of interesting utilities have been created for the Windows platform, one example of this is Sharex, or 7+taskbar.

GNU applications like GIMP run on it natively.

Has a good file manager, plus good file search functions, and for more advanced stuff I can just use Linux commands since all the filesystem is available to it.

Installing software is actually comfortable. I don't mind using installers, plus a lot of them have auto-updaters that ask me before downloading, clicking "yes" and getting new software without having to deal with a huge package manager has its benefits.

So yeah, it's nice. But still sometimes I want to just throw it all away for some meme like Gentoo or something, to appease the Linux enthusiast in me, but I always decide it's just not worth it.

Hopefully one day i'll just be able to upload my current system, which I've customized a lot, to the cloud where it could live for a very long time. Even though I know sacrificing bare-metal control to some cloud based solution it's a big privacy loss, but I think it would give me peace of mind knowing it would survive no matter what computer I have, instead of starting again from scratch.

It's my fetish to keep thing updated.

I don't, ive used linux full time since 2005

hardcore

bAsed

Attached: 1526415480002.png (128x128, 39K)

>Tell me one thing I can't do on Windows.
Not be spied

Because I got tired of using you.

I use KMSPico and Destroy Windows Spying

I know this is windows is cancer, but MUH FPS GAMING and MUH DIRECTX12

davince resolve
its better than premiere if you believe the reviews i have found

Because I'm having trouble getting Windows XP 64 to run on my gigabyte 990 ud3 motherboard. It has drivers but can only install with that 'press f6 to boot from floppy disc' bullshit...so I'm actually ordering a fucking USB floppy disc drive.

I'll be dual booting with Xubuntu for much gaymes. But until then I'm stuck with an inferior operating system. It's depressing as fuck...

Because I have a job and a life.

Uhm.
Set up floppy emulation for USB flash drives in your BIOS?
Alternatively, just slipstream the driver into the installer (depending on who you ask, it's even easier than Longhorn derivatives).

I know you're memeing, but there will actually never be a year of the Linux desktop. We're closer to a year of the Android desktop, if anything.

Especially once Android ditches the Linux millstone and switches to Fuchsia.

Most of the software I use is either for Win or OS X. being too poor for Apple shit I'm using Win10 as a thing to run my stuff on with no crashes
>inb4 use alternatives
tried those, were shitty enough to use, and porting needed software via PlayOnLinux makes no fucking sense, since, for example, the pen pressure is not registered and the software I need crashes with a frequent periodicity

Came here to post this.

I don't know the specifics of how Android works because I don't develop mobile applications and don't really care, but what I do know is that enough normals use tablets as their only computer to where Android is now considered a threat to Windows and OSX and people now talk about there being five competing OS's instead of three (Windows, OSX, Linux, Android, and iOS). A little while ago they made it to where Chromebooks could run some Android apps, and that caused them to sell more units, and making Chromebooks be Android-only has been discussed for a long time.

Attached: year of the freebsd desktop.png (1109x616, 80K)

HAHA this is so true. Everyone here thinks their so cool hating on Windows 10 and Non-mechanical keyboards. I appreciate other OS's with the best of them, but truth is, I love my Thinkpad, I love my Windows 10, I have an IT job, I support other Windows users and I pay my taxes. (also lgbt). If you want to spend the time working with a linux distro and prefer loud clickity clackity keyboards; cool, that's awesome! I just don't understand people who are so bored that they take time out of their day to troll an imageboard? Like dude, go change your oil or snovel the show. ya know?

Everything works on it.
>when 6 given shitty macbook
>spent the next 10 years trying to make games run on it
Builds PC
Installs steam
>literally every game/software I wanted without having to pirate and convert and all that shit
With linux I'm afraid that games won't run or it's just that little bit more complicated to get software.

Based