Is Void Linux any good?

Is Void Linux any good?

Attached: chad-void-user.jpg (2448x3264, 2.11M)

the only real void in this picture is where his abs are supposed to be

Just use Arch.

post benis and i'll tell you

im waiting

I use void linux. Haven't had an issue with anything. Installs quick, runs fast, decent docs, and friendly users. A distro is a distro just some are less of a pain in the ass with more or less stuff with it.

Void was created for arch users who were afraid of being made fun of.

It's an interesting concept OS but don't expect to do any real work in it
If you want Linux to be usable it has to be deb or rpm based, doesn't matter what you neckbeards think

Yes it is, it's great, the toolset it has is fantastic. But you'll be wanting proper documentation and perhaps a community to help you, no? Void doesn't really provide either, but you may be able to find some lads on irc who'll help you out if you encounter problems.
Void is pretty similar to arch, key differences between them being:
+ no systemd
+ no pacman
+ musl
+ runit
et cetera. Where arch fails in most regards (pretty much everything unique about arch is a failure or an abortion of a program) Void makes up for it by supplying everything you need. Void is also quite minimal and will serve your needs well if you AREN'T working, as its repos are still in their infancy - but growing. One day you will be able to work properly on Void and that day is soon approaching

For all its faults, Arch has a big package repo, probably the biggest in all distros if we account for AUR

the AUR is objectively shitty and a nightmare. xbps-src is much more streamlined and regulated.
you know what else has up to date software and a big repo? Ubuntu.

No, the only good thing about void is runit.

>Handy minimal ncurses installer
>basic tools always work on my machine (not needing network manager or pulseaudio) unlike my arch build
>repo has the best aur stuff (not that it matters since any *nix machine can build any *nix software)
>cool logo
>runit
>decent documentation
>just werks
>has lxqt iso if you're into DEs

Cons:
>not dank kernel
>Spanish
>literally too fun

What's wrong with network manager? Seems fine for my usage

Nothing's wrong with it, but learning different, simpler ways of doing things is fun.

I really like network manager for its simplicity.
But how do you handle wpa wifi without it?

wpa_supplicant
Pretty much slap your networks in a .conf and you're ready to go. As a bonus I've never had to refresh it when travelling between networks I have saved.

Wpa-supplicant

Void, like any distro, has its faults. However, I like how smooth the package manager runs, as well as compilation of packages from source. Since I starter using it as my DD on my laptop, I have never been happier. It's pretty easy to install and get running as well, though you do have to partition your drive by yourself (which I prefer, anyways). Overall, it's a solid little distro. If only more devs could flock to it....

>void linux
A bootleg openbsd.

Attached: 1528467579183.png (1650x1907, 3.12M)

I don't get it.
>hurr hurr no packages means no work
All general packages you need are there.
For those which aren't, just compile them yourself.
Really, in case of Linux/GNU distros, you choose the programs which your distro comes with mostly. Void is as usable as any other since it's still Linux/GNU.

Yes.

>openbsd
A bootleg alpine linux.

Attached: putas.jpg (528x492, 35K)

insecure

It's beyond me why anyone would ever shave their chest/arms. It looks ok at first but when it grows it looks like fucking pubes.