/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1492677832046.jpg (1128x796, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGVNhei-JYU
szynalski.com/tone-generator/
reddit.com/r/cringe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for beyer

Attached: 14012019033431.jpg (1398x2637, 419K)

First for sennheisers.

Attached: silenceisgolden.jpg (881x1386, 257K)

First for my wife Miku!

Attached: NO MEANS (1).jpg (600x600, 443K)

But I look way more handsome than that cunt when I wear my HD 598s?

Hey I got a question. Is a DAC pretty much just a physical volume control? The sound quality surely can’t be that different

Attached: 64F2F87E-F3A2-470E-AE88-D53790643E70.jpg (700x449, 66K)

Sound is a little punchier on my e10k with the bass button on, and the extra volume stuff helps a lot. Just buy it, it goes well with the 598.

Snake oil

Standalone DACs don’t have volume controls.
>The sound quality surely can’t be that different
Depending on your onboard audio it can be.

Can the passthrough wire to my case's front audio port have any effect on the quality of the audio? I mean it's just a wire leading between the motherboard and an audio jack.

>tfw I look like the guy on the right

plot twist: user -is- the guy on the right

is the Koss KSC-75 as good as anons say it is?

Attached: 1547983157294.jpg (769x803, 114K)

Definitely better than speakers

Why are open headphones so shit?

>pic related is you.

Attached: Untitled (4).png (704x428, 411K)

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1539039228428.png (1920x1080, 1.73M)

no bass
>inb4 accusation of my skin being melanin-rich

>my skin being melanin-rich
Accurate.

Pic related is you, speakerfag anime virgin.

Attached: CF70A00C-5EF9-41F9-8C51-10F39FAD6DC6.jpg (500x352, 67K)

your judgement is as inaccurate as your hd600 lack of bass and soundstage

>being a openback means nobass
why are nigs so retarded

>hd600
>nobass
t. melanin-aplenty

Attached: 1547786416970.png (1722x1107, 229K)

the real version

Attached: 1887987456.png (1076x1884, 165K)

>rtings

those upper mids
yuck

>I hate rtings except when I make hd600 infographics with very carefully selected paragraphs to quote

>niggerbass compensation curve
>unironically

So, did you get Stax, or left Japan without them?

>golden ear target

Now post the compensation curve sapphiron.

Oh wow this is perfect!
You even have a freemartin FTM for the basedboy!

Attached: b0e2ec9d-96ba-4b81-a39a-5cf9233c18b0.png (100x100, 16K)

HD600 raw response

Attached: raw-frequency-response-r-graph.png (900x520, 63K)

I'll get L700 after I move to Japan. Now I've got to solve the more important problem.

Attached: 1525895737273.png (1920x1080, 989K)

>every pic has massive rolloff
>-5dB at 30Hz even for diffuse field
>>nObAsS
kek look at that retard and laugh

>it fucking sucks
Thanks /hpg/.

Attached: 102018.jpg (1200x782, 151K)

OH NONONONONONO
youtube.com/watch?v=mGVNhei-JYU

pic+timestamp

Either way, I believe Crinacle said something similar, that it sounds like a turd without the proper cipher cable. Wonder what this guy would say if he had that.

I've been testing my HD 600 with a sine wave generator. I start hearing the roll-off under 50Hz. 40Hz are only a bit quieter, and 30 Hz are hard to hear.

The HD 600 have nice bass, the only thing they miss is a bit of sub-bass, which many genres of music don't have at all. Someone who cares a lot about 10-40 Hz should probably look for closed headphones.

Attached: imgext.php.gif (490x682, 54K)

This guy is 100% on the spectrum

Idol trash here. With a freq generator and the volume high enough, it's still good at 10Hz, and still hearable at 3Hz.
But that's with the Magni/Modi 2u. With the Topping DX3, somehow, it quickly fades to nothing under 20Hz.

Attached: 1526621434195.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

>and still hearable at 3Hz.
You are not listening to 3hz you are listening to harmonic distortion.

I swear I read "NO SEX" in the thumbnail

Set volume to max and used:
szynalski.com/tone-generator/
8->7Hz is quite the cutoff. I can still hear a mild something, but it's mostly dominated by some dust/hair/whateverthefuckthisis rattling very softly on my right cup. (I'll have to look into that)

Wow, after all, the HD 600 has the same or better bass response than the competition, plus it's the only one without sharp and sibilant treble.

I was expecting something better from the 450€ DT 1990.

Attached: HD600-bass.gif (902x632, 109K)

Attached: ath.jpg (960x1280, 182K)

Requires EQ. It is currently the only headphone between $20 and $650 worth buying.

I tested many of these in yodobashi / e-earphones.
DT1990 is unlistenable colored garbage.
k702 is decent, k712 is worse but still decent.

Attached: 1542470908427.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

>Requires EQ
A worth buying headphone will never require it.

Definitely better value than the other current HD500-family models.
Still not comparable to HD600.

Once again, you are hearing harmonic distortion, not the actual pure tone.

>schiit
OH NO NO NO NO NO

If you're an average consumer who wants average consumer headphones that have EQ on board you should have just said it. Look at the Bose qc35 and Sony 1000mx3

>Wow, after all, the HD 600 has the same or better bass response than the competition,
now with the actual raw data and no funky compensation

Attached: raw.png (901x438, 137K)

>average consumer headphones
So sennheisers HD5 and HD6 series then?

idol trash pls
no human can hear a frequency this low
on top of that I'd guess that HD600 (and any other dynamic honestly) distorts like motherfucker at this range
by the way audio quality on that site is utter distorted trash, like 64kbps mp3 kind of trash
why the fuck aren't these matched at reasonable frequencies like 500Hz or 1kHz

Theyre hifi headphones and not made for or marketed to aiden and jessica. Good headphones all around. They just need she corrections and pad replacements once a year.

>he doesn't have the ultimate in price/performance ratio

Attached: superlux681.jpg (536x600, 39K)

My current shitty headphones are dying and I'm looking for a replacement, any pointers /hpg/? Looking for some nice closed headphones with Bluetooth in the ~$150 range, although I'm a bit flexible.

Wouldn't that be because magni 3 has an emphasis on treble? Also why do you like the HD 600?

Nope, I do not. I use my headphones anywhere from 6 to 16 hours a day and so performance and comfort as variables isolated from price are more important. I use them way more than Normie's use their couch, TV, or mattress and no one would blink at someone spending $2k on any of those.

hey, i bought those headphones in op a few days ago, same colour. ^_^

The only people who actually buy sennheiser's snake oil garbage are 40+ year old losers who think the name is a status symbol, and their kids who see their parents buying them. I've seen mcdonalds toys with better build quality than HD600.

sapphire, you're one of the only retards who use smileys in their /hpg/ writing, at least try harder when you samefag

I still remember when the majority of audio communities talked about the Sennheiser veil. That somewhat changed after two things : the release of the HD800, which was an actually worthy TOTL, and the appearance of massdrop that brought a new audience, the "deal chaser" who obsesses over the idea of having bought bargains. "those headphones are actually worth $350 and I paid $200, they must be the best!"

Build quality is totally irrelevant to me. If they're not on my head they are in their box. No children, no dogs, no women to break them. Wouldn't have an issue with old hifiman let alone sennheiser. Also the hd6xx, 600, and 650 are ridiculously popular among the 18-34 white male reddit demographic.

>18-34 white male wide eyed open border cuck reddit demographic.

>Also the hd6xx, 600, and 650 are ridiculously popular among the 18-34 white male reddit demographic.
That's because they are memed into getting it and saying they are the only "worthy" headphone buying.

They are outdated garbage marketed to deaf boomers and naive zoomers.
>Also the hd6xx, 600, and 650 are ridiculously popular among the 18-34 white male reddit demographic.
I seriously hope you weren’t insinuating that this was a good thing when you typed it.

They also changed the 650 to be far closer to the 600. Aside from that senn veil, beyer fuck you treble(present in all of their headphones not just one model), akg fuck you but im also plasticy treble, poor man stax lack of sub bass, audeze darkness, etc are all trivial to fix. Studio monitor and headphones alike require EQ if you care about sound quality.

>:( you have me confused with another user, user ):

I have a question
For you cuties with long hair, does it affect your hearing to have your headphones with hair covering your ears?
More specifically over ears, I have been thinking of buying a set of over ears if that fixes it. Whenever I use my dt 240 pro on ears I have to move my hair away from my ears as it isn't long enough for a bun either, and it gets annoying to do the whole thing whenever you take them off
If I don't, then the bass becomes pretty much non existent and it sounds muffled as well

Attached: 1543036735085.jpg (627x830, 75K)

>they sound a bit muddy compared to my dt 770
well, you bought a sennheiser

cut your hair you hippie weeaboo faggot

I was simply pointing out that "only 60 year old" buy them is wrong.
P.s. Jow Forums and reddit have the same demographic
posted from my iPhone xs 512gb in rosay gold

Yeah it does block some bass and not give a good seal. Which kinda sucks since there's no easy way to do it on my full sized headphones.

A "quality" DAC will most likely sound better than onboard audio. All the headphone DACs have an amp included in them which is why you have the physical control included in them. The differences with high end and low end DACs are small and whether you can tell them apart depends on rest of your equipment as well. With the higher end stuff you just pay for more features instead of audio quality pretty much.

>I was simply pointing out that "only 60 year old" buy them is wrong.
Good thing no one said that.
>Jow Forums and reddit have the same demographic
Cringe, go back.

My hair is long enough that it hangs on my back when I push away so it's not really a bother to put on headphones.
For bass loss because of lack of seal on earpads, different headphones have different levels of losses. They all lose some bass when you break the seal, but open headphones with velour earpads will lose out less on average compared to a typical closed on ear with pleather for eg.

>It is currently the only headphone between $20 and $650 worth buying.
even compared to the HD6XX?

>poor man stax lack of sub bass
Where does this meme even come from? The Pro Bias system literally exists because BMW commissioned Stax to make a system capable of producing extremely low frequencies for R&D purposes.

>P.s. Jow Forums and reddit have the same demographic
get fucked

>t. beyerfag
but they do retard, except maybe 4chin has more 35+ incel losers

>Where does this meme even come from?
nikita and/or sapphire. They are the source of everything shit with this general.

They do because of reddit immigrants like you who found out about the place through le edgy /b/ exploits like Chanology. Go back.

Go back became a thing said by reddit migrants and not old fags in like 2013. It is the biggest give away that you are talking to a reddit user.
Also it was 40+ not 60+, I was using hyperbole.
You must be that 1990 pol user. I'd rather have a conversation with sapphire so excuse me while I funnel 12mg of bupenorphine up my ass.

>Go back became a thing said by reddit migrants and not old fags in like 2013.
Cringe. It is a thing said by oldfags to reddit migrants who came here in 2013. Such as yourself. Kindly go back.
>You must be that 1990 pol user.
Wrong again. Return to reddit. You fit in more there anyways, they worship the same trash headphone that you do.

>le edgy /b/ exploits like Chanology
the fuck are you even talking about you absolute incel
>Go back.
>hahahah I so pwned him lol I'm so edgy xD
you fucking faggot lmao

>incel incel incel
Cringe
>hahahah I so pwned him lol I'm so edgy xD
Cringe. Go back.

(no you)69445484
>You must be that 1990 pol user.
I like you pin everything on me the same way it happens to sapphire sometimes on the other side. Believe it or not, there's a ton of people who hate the sennheiser spam here.

Attached: pin.png (266x117, 18K)

You already said that and I already told you that you are wrong. The "cringe" is a dead give away. What are you 17?
reddit users come here and see other reddit users telling yet more reddit users to 'go back' meanwhile all three groups have reddit dot com slash masterrace open in the very next tab. You currently find yourself in the middle of that dynamic my cringe ridden gentlesir.
excuse me while I remove this 7 inch long syringe from my Vaseline slathered anus.

>You already said that and I already told you that you are wrong.
“I said it so it’s true”.
>The "cringe" is a dead give away. What are you 17?
Cringe.
>reddit users come here and see other reddit users telling yet more reddit users to 'go back' meanwhile all three groups have reddit dot com slash masterrace open in the very next tab. You currently find yourself in the middle of that dynamic my cringe ridden gentlesir.
Cringe. You’re trying too hard.

>Wouldn't that be because magni 3 has an emphasis on treble?
There were such rumours but after measurements Magni3 turned out to be flat, as is Magni2u, which is the one I have.
>Also why do you like the HD 600?
Because it's not flawed, does everything well, and is divine at female vocals, which I listen to a lot.
By the way, mostly everything else I tried in Japan other than STAX was flawed one way or another. The most acceptable non-stax headphones I tested there were the k702 and hd800 fwiw.

Attached: 1519877101640.png (1920x1080, 1.14M)

Staxbros what do you use as a stand? The official one is too expensive for a piece of wood.

>CRINNNNNNGE
>GO BAAACK
>r-r-r-reddit i said REDDIT
literally a broken record lmao

Check out this awesome sub reddit my bro reddit.com/r/cringe/ you fit right in
They probably even like your headphones

Cringe. Trying too hard.
Not interested in your favorite sub sorry. You should post a photo of yourself on there since you like it so much.

xDDD
Sennheiser makes the only decent headphones in the midfi category btw I upvoted you

>By the way, mostly everything else I tried in Japan other than STAX was flawed one way or another.
What's your opinion on high end Fostex headphones?
If I had to get closed back pair for home use, I would certainly get Fostex.