Lincox vs Wangblows

Can we stop this war between Linux and Windows, they're two very different operating systems for two very different people. Linux is made for people who like to customise their computer as much as they can. Windows is made for people that want something to work straight out the box, without having to set things up.
>stop arguing faggos
>they're both good in different ways

Attached: neofetch.png (1366x768, 417K)

Based. We should stop fighting and laugh at iToddlers together.

Sure but Linux is a kernel, not an OS.

>Windows is made for people that want something to work
I will accept this as true as long as you accept that "something" is limited to spying and loss of freedom. Remember the job of Windows is not to work for you, but to work for Microsoft in taking your freedom away.

>Windows is made for people that want something to work straight out the box, without having to set things up.
The opposite is true. I work in a computer repair shop and part of my job is refurbishing old computers for resale. This includes installing a new OS. We offer Winshit 10 by default and Winshit 7 or Linux Mint if people ask. Maybe 20% of all machines work right with Winshit out of the box, whereas 80% are fully functional with Ubuntu and derivatives. Winshit always needs drivers for odd shit like wireless cards, iGPUs, and other things that work by default on Linux. Granted, a lot of these drivers can be installed from the device manager over the internet. Then again, I don't know why they aren't installed by default. Windows just sucks.

Attached: 1541748747257.png (378x370, 120K)

>Windows is made for people that want something to work straight out the box, without having to set things up.
To be fair, you could also say this about Ubuntu and to a lesser extent Mint

I'm talking about Jow Forums users who actually know what they're doing, not the normfags who need help with a wizard installer, that's why you're getting paid, don't complain

Right, and Winshit makes my job harder because it's inferior pajeet shit. Even Macshit doesn't make me hunt for drivers.

Attached: 15403401843981.jpg (960x600, 120K)

Eh, depends on the hardware. I have a netbook that I remember having to go through 4 different versions of Ubuntu on before finding an older version that actually worked in it. I remember one version I just couldn't get networking to work, One would just boot loop, one has an unfixable "package samba is virtual" error when trying to setup sharing, but an older 4th version worked fine. That same netbook worked flawless on win 10, I was just installing Linux because it only had 2gb of ram

should've tried mint, ubuntu, basically ubuntu without Jeff Bezos cuckware, and would probably run better than Windows 10

Attached: linux_mint.png (663x183, 27K)

Linux has ppa

Just use Solus.

OP here, this wasn't my point. My point is we should both, Windows and Linux users get together, and laugh at apple shills because they spent $1,500 on a product that could be bought at $350.
pic related
>mfw apple shills are crying about not having technology developed in the stone age

Attached: pepe8.png (255x252, 98K)

i'm installing windows on a 2009 HP for my normie family. what version is the most user friendly? if i had to choose it would be windows 7 but, maybe windows 10 isn't such a pile of shit anymore?

8 if they're used to tablets

>2018 + 1
>still being a poorfag

get your shit together senpai

this is a desktop. i recall windows 8 is tablet tile based. think i'll just use windows 7 because that way i can secure it without having to guess where policies and stuff are..

just because I'm not selling a kidney for a laptop with the price that would've been acceptable in the early 2010's
eat shit shill

windows 8 is able to run on desktops

normies use OpenBSD

Attached: 1537539913576.png (800x689, 203K)

didn't a windows 10 update delete people's files a few months ago? better teach your normie family to make backups.

win7 loses 'extended' support next year
>mfw

Attached: boom loser.jpg (1592x1445, 720K)

Was only a matter of time till the libards showed up.

>libards
showed them fagt
so, how to i purchase a legit copy of windows 8.1? it's like MS forces you to pirate their shit.

LINUX ALSO WORKS STRAIGHT OF THE BOX YOU LOW IQ NIGGER FOR BRAINS. STOP SHILLING WINDOWS YOU FUCKING BRAINLET. THERE IS LINUX MINT, UBUNTU, ELEMENTARY OS, MANJARO, FEDORA, DEBIAN, ETC, ETC. ALL WORK STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX (METAPHORICALLY OF COURSE, YOU DO NOT GET THEM IN A BOX)
WHY ARE YOU SUCH A GODDAMN BRAINLET, YOU MOTHERFUCKING RETARD. HOW MUCH RUPEES DID YOU GET FOR THIS POST, STREETSHITTER?

Attached: IPEngla_d.jpg (225x225, 5K)

holy fuck. win8.1 visual studio subscription is $500/year. mother fuck me what kikes

calm down, take some deep breaths.
never said linux doesn't work you fucking neet, I just said linux gives you more customisation, and the whole point of this thread was to stop the war with wangblows and lincucks
>mfw when none of you cucklors understand

Attached: pepe.jpg (753x724, 58K)

There is no war between them as Windows is an OS and Linux is not.
Additionally, Windows is harmful nonfree software and should not be used.

I switched to Linux shortly after i started my physics degree because windows kept giving me problems.
Notably, one time i was writing a document in LaTeX, which suddenly just didn't want to compile anymore without me having made any significant changes to the document. I booted over to linux (which i was only toying with at the time) and found that there was no problem. More recently, i also had the fun experience of trying to compile C++ code with armadillo on a windows machine...

had a similar experience with tensorflow on windows, using ms products just isn't worth the bother

if you have to sell a kidney for a laptop, then you're the failure

get your shit together senpai

*cough* *cough*

Attached: iTODDLER.png (630x222, 110K)

>Linux is made for people who like to customise their computer as much as they can.
Or people who need to...
Run a headless server.
Develop embedded software.
Use ARM architecture.
Use a Hadoop cluster.
Run older hardware.
Who like to use SSH without a 3rd party client.

>Can we stop
>Kills a thread to fight more

Linux works straight out of the box. It isn't botnet in almost all cases. It updates easily. It can be customized. It supports many modes of usage.

Windows is a botnet with hour long updates on just the OS. It can be customized, but Microsoft doesn't care about even a start menu or whatever customization and some very dedicated maintainer has to update the software just to keep it running many times for each windows version. But it also works out of the box.

Yea, this deserves mention and this is why we can't go with your insincere depiction, OP. If you consider it a "war", so be it.

what is the most user friendly and hardware compatible linux distro for children? i assume vanilla ubuntu 18.04

Mint, MX, Fedora (and Gentoo, but that's only for the clever kids I guess) gave me the least amount of trouble so far.

yes I could write the bible on what both operating systems do but I'm not a faggot

BTW hardware compatibility is virtually the same between most distros. They'll all ship a Linux kernel with most hardware enabled and only maybe handle proprietary drivers slighly differently. Some got them in an extra repo in the package manager. Some got some popup UI installer. No big deal, and you might not even use proprietary hardware drivers if you picked your hardware wisely.

>for people that want something to work straight out the box, without having to set things up.
This describes Linux far, far more than windows.
>they're two very different operating systems
They're basically the same, except one is slower and spyware. Stop taking the blue pill.

no one wants you video game playing windows manchildren here, do you not understand this?

the whole point of this thread is to stop arguing and show they are for different people you tard.

They aren't for different people, you fucking idiot. Your grandma/gf/parents/average consumer can use both and won't see the difference.

Linux distributions for desktop use are better than Windows in every way besides software compatibility, something that is a fault of said software developers and not the OS.
I understood this when I was 16. If there are still people on Jow Forums who can't, this board truly is dead.
I'll back up with reasoning if asked.

Attached: IMG_20181125_171148.jpg (708x708, 50K)

No, Windows is malware and there is nothing about it that is good. kys.

> made for people that want something to work straight out of the box, without having to set things up.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahaha

Attached: 1545754810565.png (540x540, 206K)

>Can we stop this war
Stopped reading there.

Anything Windows can do, Linux can do better. Even gaming has become irrelevant since it just keeps getting better on Linux.

Windows is deprecated, deal with it.