Why doesn't Jow Forums make a game

Why doesn't Jow Forums make a game

Attached: synd-06.png (670x419, 555K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/chaosesqueanthology
github.com/victorqribeiro/invaderz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Video games are for children whose parents are too cheap to hire a babysitter.

It's called ricing.

Attached: 1537668567759.png (1366x768, 1.03M)

t. riced his Loonix desktop for the 37th time this month

Attached: 1546954459904.png (920x481, 642K)

My weg is in development as we speak

That's GNU/Loonix to you.

Sure, I'll make the logo

I really do want to make a game but I keep wasting my time distrohopping and ricing instead of actually learning how to program

because Jow Forums is a normie board riddled with non-programmers and fizzbuzzers

Desktop ricing is useful if it leads to contributions to wayland.
Games are never useful.

what? the only linux related thing I ever contributed to was slackware. I could fucking care less about wayland at the moment. I just always wanted to make a game or demo

Use Godot engine.

>Desktop ricing is useful if it leads to contributions to wayland.
Literally who cares
>Games are never useful.
Tell that to all the Twitch streamers making more money per month than you do in a year, loser

>Literally who cares
I urge you to read up on wayland and its reasons for existence
>Tell that to all the Twitch streamers
Stopped reading there, e-celebs are trash and you should feel bad for paying attention to them.

I have to agree with you. Jow Forums is literally /v/ at this point

E N V Y
N
V
Y

Attached: asmongold.jpg (1920x1080, 118K)

Remember grand theft auto gentoo

I think I have seasonal affective disorder
I just spend my days off shitposting. I open up my game and stare at the code and then close it.

Attached: 1522795353254.jpg (427x442, 41K)

Sadly I know that feel

I can't draw

>leads to contributions to wayland.
nigger all you're doing is sharing color palettes and loli wallpapers.

just like make game

Git gud

I'm currently working on a 3d game :)

Attached: screenshot.png (1675x971, 267K)

Did you model that yourself? If you did that's some impressive sheit

Linux is a server OS and don't need a GUI.

Nope its generated, it's generally not worth your time to make human models if you're a single person working on a game that you actually want to see finished. There are great programs out there that can generate them for you. You have to pick your battles as a single developer, and modeling realistic humans is not something I want to spend months on.

I'd rather spend that time on modeling armor/weapons/clothing/world objects.

Fair enough, as long as it looks good. What about clothing and face? Can you simplify that stuff?

Here you go: moddb.com/games/chaosesqueanthology

100 maps, 200 weapons, libre, do whatever you want, if you know how. Jow Forums

Attached: xontemp20180807171849-00.jpg (620x349, 48K)

Graphics is the most annoying thing about making a game.

t. manchild that tries to act mature by hating on video games

Linux isn't an OS.

You can go inside of all those buildings.

Ofcourse you will continue to say Jow Forums doesn't make a game.

.FUCK.
.YOU.

Attached: xontemp20160405153509-00.jpg (620x349, 70K)

Jow Forums DID make a game you FUCKING pieces of shit.

IS A GAME.

FUCK YOU!

Attached: xontemp20171223135240-00.jpg (620x349, 14K)

github.com/victorqribeiro/invaderz

Gnu/linux was build to be a universal free softwear os not only for server architecture

Clothing isn't really hard to do. You start by copying the part of the human mesh and then simply sculpt in the features/waves. Armor is similar but you just model around the human model. Making the clothing move according to physics is a lot more difficult to pull off, which is why many games don't do that.

The most difficult part for me, is creating the textures for models (I'm not an artist). My game will have an isometric view, kind of like diablo so I can get away with low-ish quality textures. Then again, I might hire an artist when the game is near completion and there is enough interest in the game to justify investing a few grand into it.

Linux is a kernel.

As for the faces, you have sliders for that. What I'll probably do is just have a bunch of faces that can be swapped onto the body.

If I have time I'll build in those sliders into the game to be able to customize the character at the creation screen.

I'll make the logo

Good luck bro

Thanks. It is soon in a minimal playable state where the core mechanics work. From then on I'm finally at the stage where I'm going to be adding the actual content and not working on the core mechanics but I'll have a lot of polishing work to do in every single aspect of the game.

I'm hoping to get a playable game this june/july and have something polished by the end of this year (or hopefully earlier).

There are also a lot of stuff I would love to add to the game, such as dismemberment, but I'm not sure if that will make it into the game, though it would definitely be a selling point.

>that shirt
Love that game

Hey look its op

did you make it yet