FIND A FAULT

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Doesn't use Wayland,LibreSSL and musl by default. Other than that there's not much to complain. Oh yeah it lacks ungoogled-chromium on it's official repos but atleast there's an overlay for it. Also the ZFS implementation is a pain in the ass to set as built into the kernel instead of as a module.

Making a new thread because you got BTFO'd in the last one?

I'd say the last thread went pretty pro-Gentoo

too complicated for Jow Forums pajeets and basedaboys

The logo is shitty

We already have this thread

Just install Wayland

Portage is written in python and it shows.

Fuck gayland. Gentoo doesn't have a default compositor idiot.

I know and that's what I do but until very recently Wayland support was not that good and the ebuild of sway was unmaintained.
>imagine prefering to use old, unmaintained, buggy and usafe code instead of something newer that only requires the kernel drivers and not it's own set of drivers and that is simple, maintained and safe
Stop being a "old good new bag" retard.

idiot

WTF LITERALLY EVERYTHING

>Portage is written in python and it shows.
It doesn't show much at all. For a long while, we had paludis and pkgcore for a comparison (Paludis now no longer supports Gentoo, only Exherbo) and they weren't really faster.

Portage is pretty decent python code, and much of the waits are due to complex resolutions and IO - very much so on HDD.

I use Funtoo and love it.

I use xmonad and I wish it was ported to Wayland but it isn't. If I want to use Wayland the only option is gnome KDE or sway and I don't like any of them. Benefits of Wayland aren't enough to justify a shitty DE or WM

Compiling packages. That just sucks, and for no tangible performance gain.

There's really no reason to use Gentoo, except for the meme value, when you could use something like Fedora instead: bleeding-edge packages, stable, no "turbo CFLAGS" autismo, backed by based Red Hat.

Attached: 1546199904832.png (1920x2560, 3.94M)

PROTIP: There are none. The fault in the system you build lies with you.

Attached: 1534204561929.jpg (395x398, 15K)

A B S O L U T E L Y B A S E D

> and for no tangible performance gain
But it has a flexibility gain, which is what most use their USE-flags for.

If you want libressl instead of openssl or libav rather than ffmpeg or just want debug symbols in your binaries or such, it works really rather well.

> There's really no reason to use Gentoo
No, it's actually also great if you patch software, need to run software from dev trees to QA software, need to use software that is "legacy" to everyone else, or just want long-term stability with software of your own choice - after all, it needs very little software to be exactly at version xy.

I'm getting tired of explaining this.
It's not about performance, it's about choice and control, only compiling the features you need into each piece of software. It can be as lean or as bloated as you like.
I've used the same exact software setup on other distros, Arch for example, and the responsiveness just can't be compared. You 'will' see a snappier system if you know what you're doing. The "performance" gains come from multiple factors, not just code optimization, it can't be conglomerated into one simple benchmark score. But that's not even the point.

> Red Hat
hahahahahah
> no tangible performance gain
beg to differ

> Having to manually configure kernel flags for the sake of autism.
Fuck it I don't have time for that shit.

Do it once, never worry again...
But I guess that's too much for brainlets

>wayland
FUCK OFF HARRY POETTER

Hairy potty-ring