/spg/ - Smartphone General

LG G8 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: LG-ALPHA-5K33.jpg (1536x1152, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/huawei-mate-20-pro-dxomark-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Looking up reviews for the Nokia 6.1
>Half of people say it's terrible and laggy and crashes and turns off by itself
>The other half say it's great and works fine
>Video reviews have made no note of any crashing or anything
Who the fuck am I to believe here?

>Lenovo P2
>Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
>Moto G6
>Moto One
>Moto G6 Play
>Nokia 8
>Honor 10 Lite
>Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
>Can some kind user breakdown the good and bad or rate them in order of best to worst?

I get a minimum of 14 hours SoT on my Max Pro M1, I fucking love this shit.

Attached: zf.jpg (483x969, 54K)

>>Half of people say it's terrible and laggy and crashes and turns off by itself
I think the Pie update made it more stable

Why didn't you include the Redmi Note 7 in your list? From it, I'd consider the Mi A2 Lite.

Get the Zenfone, dumb nigger.

Nokia 8 for flagship specs, Lenovo P2, Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite or Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 for the best battery life.

New S9.
Set up so far
>Blokada
>Nova
Anything else that is quintessential?

Is there any notable difference between the P2, Mi A2 and ZenFone?

Whatever you fancy. Or must you follow the herd and get only the things that are popular?

Why don't you compare the specs on gsmarena instead of being a useless babby you ignoble git

I'd just like to ask one last time before I pull the trigger on the Redmi note 6 pro. It's only supports 2 4G bands that bell has. Am I going to experience problems with that? I can't find any better phones in that price range really.

I've also seen people say the Pie update made it worse. How often does an OS update make a phone run better anyway?

If it's that bad, don't go for it.

Even the Asus Zenfone only supports like half the available LTE bands. Not sure what to do

Android Pie is like 6 months old and i still don't have it on my fucking galaxy S9
I would've bought a different phone had not literally every option been worse
just give me the fucking system wide night mode and no one has to get hurt; that's all you have to fucking do

Buy something that's meant for your neck of the woods

Shouldn't be an issue, B4 is the main 4G band afaik so it should have you covered in most places.

>Not sure what to do
Order it from a store that gives you a 30 days return period, if you aren't happy with the coverage send it back

Sort by date. Most of the bad reviews are people who got it with Oreo.

I have one, and have experienced none of the reported issues. Still think it's too big and the battery charge controller is too aggressive, though.

Just wait.

Nokia > Honor/Xiaomi > Asus > gay Lenovo/Moto shit

Attached: images (3).jpg (320x320, 20K)

>buying android in 2019
now that's a yikes

Which phone has the biggest sensor on the camera?

Assuming I can put gcam on it to get good processing, it should be lovely. I saw Nokia 9 and some xiaomi?

Thoughts, men?

Try to get something with at least one of your carriers low frequency bands. On US t-mobile, that's 12 and 71. IDK what it is for you.

A phone can never be too big and heavy. The bigger and heavier the better. A huge bulky thick monster device feels good.

Big = can't use one handed

Heavy = more kinetic energy when dropped on ground or on face

>locked down Nokias the best
>locked down Huawei in the same category as Xiaomi

5 yuan have been deposited in your account

Nice shitpost I guess.

xiaomi rn7 is supposed to have 48 mp sensor on it and the pro
difference between is pro is Sony and non is samsung

Getting a new phone for work soon, should I ask for the regular S10 or the S10+? I can even get the edition of the S10+ with the ceramic back if it gets available here. Both are valid.

Is it too big?

My phone killed itself and I need something new but don't want to spunk a load of money on a flagship I probably won't take full advantage of.

>budget of £250ish
>3.5mm jack
>decent camera(s)
>ideally a smaller size
>decent battery

Does anything stand out for suggestions (they're listed in order of priority)? Network is Three if that matters too. Thanks Anons!

mi mix 2s still viable?
also any burgers using it?

>SD 845
>is it still viable
yes you pillock

Imagine being such a useless lump of flesh that you drop your phone on your face lol
>let me buy a slimmer minimalistic phone on the off chance it hits my head
god damn.

If you want timely updates then don't get an Android phone. Or get a Pixel, but updates for those devices tend to break more than they fix.

I don't know, why don't you fucking wait until it's officially announced to make a decision?

That Redmi notch is garbage.

That only works if the person understands the difference in specs.

This entire thread is designed for people to discuss smartphones.

If you can't handle someone asking for help, then fuck off because that's what 90% of posts in the /spg/ consist of or are aiming at.

You absolute fucking cock womble.

Mi mix 2? 3? What about those? Which is the sweet spot? Here the 2s almost as expensive as the 3. While the 2 is like half of it.

what phone should I buy that available now to "one up" my friends who has huawei mate 20? Other than huawei, xiaomi, apple, or any chinese company.
He literally just bought it and flexing on us. I don't really now about phone. I currently have samsung s8.

Then he should educate himself on those things, wouldn't you think? I was an absolute phonelet until recently and basically I had to understand it all myself before I made a decision.
Just get the Zenfone one, the other ones are shit next to it. I checked it for you so you can trust me.

Also,
>Reddit spacing
please sod off, this isn't r/smartphones.

>buying phones to flex
please kys. Lol at your life, having friends that flaunt their silly phones like it's made of gold and becomes a real transformer or something. Double lul for letting it get to you

2 is 835
2S and 3 have the 845
all of them are good devices

God my LG V20 has grinded to a halt recently. Camera and apps take much longer to open. Keyboard takes a few seconds to open when I tap a text field when in the past it was instant. This was a flagship.

>using line breaks in text communication did not exist prior to the existence of Reddit
Do you also think Jow Forums invented the use of > as well?

Fucking Christ 9/10 made me reply but you could come up with something better to shitpost at him.

Should I even bother getting excited for the Redmi note 7 pro if I use t mobile? What's the chances the global has any good bands for 4g

still on stock?

why are you so mad. You don't have to worry about me I can afford it.

Alright, thanks. Do you think it's worth to wait for a new model or they will make one next year? I'm not in a hurry and it's already a half year phone, with only 6 gb ram.

Yeah, I tried Lineage but the DAC doesn't work and I use it a lot. Second screen also doesn't work properly but I could go without.

dunno, gonna have to check what bands it supports, especially when they release the LATAM/Taiwan versions
there are mods for both second screen and DAC, check XDA

???

whoops
>there are mods for both second screen and DAC, check XDA
meant for
I don't think the Mi Mix 3 has released global yet, has it? if they have and you can afford it, that's what I'd get, but I'd also get the 2S, depends on your preference of OLED vs LCD for the screen and if you like/can deal with the slider

I fucked up, i waited too long, and now my carrier no longer sells the oneplus 6.
Is the headphone jack missing from the 6t really that bad?
Also thinking about the Mate 20 Pro.
With headphone jack theres the S9+ or maybe wait for the Nokia 8.1.
Help, I'm retarded and i can't decide if the missing headphone jack is a dealbreaker.
A good camera is a must.

Cheap phone but with greatest camera (max ~200€)?

xiami

redmi note 7

Galaxy S10+ 5G

Does anyone here know if ZTE or Huawei phones are actually compromised? Longtime owner of a ZTE Axon 7 and can't find much concrete evidence pointing one way or another.

Best custom ROM for the Samsung SM-A300FU?

Is there an app to download YouTube videos?

>I don't think the Mi Mix 3 has released global yet, has it?
It did, like 1-2 weeks ago

>already a half year old phone
>only 6gb ram
I'm not sure if this poster is a brainlet or if he genuinely believes the shite he's written.

NewPipe
If it ever starts working again

>A good camera is a must.
what an imbecile. Why consider the Oneplus if camera is a priority? It's got a garbage camera. Get the S9+, it's got a fantastic shooter. Definitely the best after Pixels and iShits.

>A good camera is a must.
get the Mate 20 Pro:
xda-developers.com/huawei-mate-20-pro-dxomark-review/

Install any black theme from the Samsung store?

Attached: Screenshot_20190121-022126.jpg (2560x1440, 588K)

Yes, I can see the global mi mix 3 released. So it's still a good buy. I guess I will get one. Maybe.

lol it's garbage. Has that stupid filter that makes everything overprocessed as shit. Xperia tier shite. An S9+ will serve him well and it's a better phone, overall.

the Axons weren't compromised on the hardware level, and if you unlocked the bootloader and flashed a custom ROM on it, its definitely not compromised
now other ZTEs where the bootloader can't be unlocked and Huawei devices after they locked the bootloaders in June, well...

It's all subjective with their own pros and cons, even down to processor. For example, the ZenFone Max Pro M1 has a SD 636, which is faster for tasks like gaming, very heavy multitasking than the Mi A2 Lite, which has the SD 625. However, the SD 625 is still one of the best budget processors on the market, and it's more power efficient.

Look for these things
>does the phone have the comparability with bands you need in your country?
>does the phone have the features you desire? (long battery life, micro SD card slot, headphone jack, edgeless display or no notch)
>does the phone have the ROM support you want? (is the phone popular, and does it have a snapdragon processor)
>if you're not flashing a ROM, does the phone have near-stock Android, or is it skinned?

I have the Mi A2 Lite and I really love it. Battery Life for days, excellent build quality, stock android already on Pie with support the same as Pixel phones, all the features I want with band coverage I need in my area.

whether you get it or the Mix 2S, you're getting a great device that can be used internationally OOTB, they're great phones

>Has that stupid filter that makes everything overprocessed as shit.
It's off by default now

Thanks, good to know. I've been running custom roms since I first purchased the phone.

Another question: how dramatic are the performance differences between 2018/9 phones and the flagships from 2016? I've been out of the phone market for some time and am wondering whether or not it's worth upgrading.

use Version 0.14.1

pretty significant, SD845 devices are considerably faster than 820 devices like yours

What's a good decent priced Phone with a stylus?

to add to this, the main benefits will be seen in heavier applications like games where the GPU shines, normal day to day operations you won't notice too much of a difference but they do have better power optimizations than the 820/821

Galaxy Note 7

That makes sense. Generally I just browse the web and compose emails, though as of late I can't even get a full day's charge out of the battery and have to leave it plugged in at work.

Thanks. Must admit that the headphone jack is a big plus. But i never really like the feel of samsung, so I'm sceptical.

Please help friends. :(

I only ever use(d) my phone for music streaming, web browsing, and emails/WhatsApp/Messenger/Snapchat.

Mi A2 Lite

what custom ROM are you using? what android version? have you got Magisk installed?

Yes I've got Magisk installed - I am currently using an unofficial port of dotOS that is on Android 8.1.0

has there been any Pie ROMs developed for it? also what modules are you using with Magisk? do you have Universal GMS Doze or Greenify modules installed?

0.15.0 is already on the repo

Skytube and it works unlike NewPipe

not on f-droid

I've used greenify in the past but didn't notice much of an improvement so this time around I didn't install it, though it may be worth trying again. Haven't tried GMS Doze, and it doesn't seem that there's any Pie ROMS available. For the Axon 7, most ROMS are unofficial projects that users seem to pick up and drop at will.

What open-source OS should I install on Honor 9 lite? I'm new to mobile distros

Attached: 1547365846173.jpg (780x1024, 50K)

most ROMs aren't official builds, and considering that the Axon 7 is coming up on 3 years old, it doesn't surprise me one bit the builds aren't official
GMS doze works wonders tbqh, as does the greenify module

You can rice it to suit your style. I like Xperias and my Zenfone has the Xperia home launcher and apps. It feels jusyblik my old XZ. Hardware and feature wise there's little better than the S9+.

Did you have a stroke while typing that?

Thanks, I'll give them both a try and see if I can eke out a few more hours of battery life.

What phone are you currently using, do you like it?

I'm on my third Motorola Moto Z Droid, and I'm starting to get sick of it. Can anyone recommend a phone that is
>Verizon (or at least compatible)
>Max $500
>headphone jack
>Decent camera

Tell me why I shouldn't pull the trigger on the Mi A2 Lite?!

Is the software shit or frustrating to use? First time I'll have owned a Chinese marketed phone.