DAW thread

Redpill me on FL studio.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x212, 663K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/3cs4
soundcloud.com/toxicwaltz/you-are-already-dead
soundcloud.com/toxicwaltz/noise
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist_(programming_language)
ardour.org/
linuxsampler.org/
ivyaudio.com/Piano-in-162
virtualplaying.com/virtual-playing-orchestra/
github.com/sgossner/VSCO-2-CE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You okay bro? Why you crying?

Attached: 1547975832965.jpg (629x660, 90K)

lmms>Fl studio

>a fellow ableton nigga

this guy knows

great for making techno but overall if you wanna do some advanced sampling then ur fucked, the only good part about it it has that FX-what ever thing that lets you have super oscillators to make whacky synth noises

Includes great synths, the pattern-playlist workflow might or not be your thing but the piano roll is as good as a piank roll can get. fruity slicer is fun to use for cutting samples but ableton is better for sample warping. i like their lifelong licence but remember to try before buying. ive been out of this game for a while but i suppose team R2R should be still doing gods work, correct me if im wrong.

I use it. It's great. Tbh all big DAWs are great. Sure it might be a bit easier to do some thing in one or another, but this is completely irrelevant to making good music.
All good synths like Serums are external plugins anyway which you have to buy, rent or crack. Basically all good plugins are external plugins that you have to get separately from the DAW.
And at the end of the day it's all irrelevant to making good music, so pick whatever looks and feels better to you. There are trial version to check out and don't listen to anyone that says x is better than y, because obviously they don't know shit if they think that the brand of the DAW matters to making good music.

And btw the only reason I picked FL studio, was because you buy it once get updates forever, while in other DAWs you have to pay every time.

Is this true?
Whats the best DAW then?

I recently bought bitwig and am liking it (it's also the only real DAW you can get on Linux). Was going to buy live but the lack of VST3 support is a deal breaker for me

It is. As a DAW, just as a DAW id vote for bitwig. But, they all are more than just daws. ImageLine aka the FL Studio devs bundle lots of goodies and they have a far more attractive business model, so thats why id personally choose fl studio.

Is it hard to make glitchcore? Like some real schizophrenic sounding shit? The world needs more of that and I'm interested.

ableton
ableton is better for this, as its designed for live shows and glitchcore evolved from live sampling shit, which is all available in live

>glitchcore
Trackers are actually really god for this sort of thing. Renoise is a good one. They make chopping up and fucking with samples waaaay easier since you're doing it all with text.

link related is first thing I made in renoise in just one evening. but shows you how easy it is to quickly make that kind of glitchy stuff.

instaud.io/3cs4

Baby's first DAW. That and Audacity.

How much does a daw cost?

usually between 0 and several hundreds, but you can just pirate it instead

nice, here's one of mine
soundcloud.com/toxicwaltz/you-are-already-dead

Haha damn, that's way harder than my shit. Pretty nuts stuff dood, nice. Is your name an Exodus reference? You'd love Renoise, I really suggest you check it out. It beats the hell out of chopping and screwing with samples graphically.

Yes to the exodus ref haha
I use both fl and renoise, fl for the less crazy shit, renoise for the more crazy shit. Like this one soundcloud.com/toxicwaltz/noise

Also, if you are mainly recording instruments, nothing beats Reaper

Nice, that's fuckin heavy.

FLStudio is for zoomers use actual fucking instruments and audacity you tard

if you can't find anything else to post than a fucking frog it's safe to say you don't need it and no one wants to hear your music

My fellow Ableton nigs

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist_(programming_language)

This shit's so cool. You literally program you're music in Lisp.

Attached: nyquist.jpg (128x128, 5K)

Also DAWs are gay, bloatniggers.

*cracks* Back in my day we used something called workstations *sips* those were the days

Cubase masterrace

fl studio is fine
so is ableton
>Buying a DAW
I bought Cubase because I actually produced songs that made money while using it, but, whatever, wouldn't everyone just pirate shit or use something free like Reaper?
is Reaper not a real DAW?
you "can" do this in FL studio but it's extremely tedious (setting notes to last for like 0.02 seconds and repeating them with copy paste and moving their locations with numbers based on bars. but do the world a favor and don't make any more glitchcore, thanks.
audacity isn't a daw.

@op just pirate protools/logic/cakewalk and see what you like. whatever you use to actually make music then buy it. best albums i've listened to aren't made in any of these things.

Cubase is the best DAW out there by a large margin

FL Studio is trash for workflow but has a good collection of plugins that are designed well
Ableton has a shit engine but great stretching algorithms and a lot of good tools for workflow, most of the base plugins suck, especially the reverb
Studio One is an "industry standard" meme
Working with MIDI in Reaper is a pain in the ass, but if you're working with audio it's great
Logic blows
Pro Tools also blows
Nothing
ardour.org/
Ardour > LMMS

been using fl studio (fruity loops) since 1998
its wonderful. easy to lay down a track.
my favorite standard daw would be samplitude.
has a great fx package.
each sample on a track can have its own fx rack separate from track fx.

Reaper is for Chads Only

Based and redpilled

fl studio is written in delphi.

also....
image line remote works really well.
use my ipad to control fl studio.
super low latency.

The true choice is programming all the tools by yourself

musiclet here, whats the major difference between ardour and lmms and why do you recommend ardour? I used lmms in the past but not extensively.

Inline piano roll on the editor (edit multiple midi tracks on 1 screen), very powerful routing and plugin instancing system with the ability to add/remove pins, every meter type you need right in the mixer (DIN, Nordic, VU etc), great monitor bus.

Attached: 1545983364764.png (1920x1080, 228K)

Editor view

Attached: 1532687290801.png (1920x1080, 170K)

What would be a good daw for hardcore or goa trance because i have been wanting to get into making either

Attached: tmp_7839-yande.re 503014 bosumonki2119065060.jpg (1129x2357, 518K)

Any DAW will work, but I recommend Cubase, especially if you plan on working with vocals.

That looks and sounds really good, thanks user.

No problem, you should also check out these:

linuxsampler.org/
ivyaudio.com/Piano-in-162
virtualplaying.com/virtual-playing-orchestra/
github.com/sgossner/VSCO-2-CE

Piano in 162 is arguably the best free sampled piano you can get, the other two are great sounding orchestra sets. It will take a bit of work to wrap your head around getting LinuxSampler working but it's worth it.

>what would be a good guitar for guitar-based music because i have been wanting to get into making it

i made goa trance in fl studio
but that was like 15 years ago

Nigga i know nothing about the differences between daws avaible and thats why im asking which would be best suited for specific genre

DAWs ar not equal. Ableton live is only good for live music. It isn't as good as other DAWs for everything else.

Ableton is good only if you wanna make 4-bar-loops.

If you're really interested in making music, you should build a Hackintosh and use Logic.

Apple even let's you download their sound library