/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __concord_azur_lane_drawn_by_hukairi_botan__75487094ac328c64fd84e46b67f6b973.png (1280x1784, 1.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

electromod.co.uk/mrspeakers/headphones/
imgur.com/a/VhMZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for headphones

Attached: 61tRZ+KGGxL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 10K)

second for audio-technica

Attached: DxEDImvU8AEuMch.jpg (4096x2304, 2.44M)

Where can i learn how to build DIY amps?
Any site with good, easy to follow tutorials?

Attached: yande.re 498585 headphones megane pantyhose seifuku sweater too-ye.jpg (1240x1754, 692K)

those are some cute feet.

Best headphones for heavy/black metal and hardrock? Budget +-1500 usd/euro.

WOW

HD 800 S.

I want to bury my face in her crotch.

Attached: tried black under eyes wojak.gif (633x758, 20K)

>Sixth for really overpriced in Europe, as are Audeze and Hifiman, and I can't even find even more exotic brands like Monoprice or MrSpeakers.
Making the purchase of all these brands dissuasive is actually a blessing.

Tenth for really overpriced in Europe, as are Audeze and Hifiman, and I can't even find even more exotic brands like Monoprice or MrSpeakers, now with the correct quote.

HE5SE + THX amp

>actually wanting to buy poodeze, chinkfiman, monoringing and MrDoublePounder

electromod.co.uk/mrspeakers/headphones/

imgur.com/a/VhMZY

Attached: needshroomswiththat.jpg (4032x2268, 872K)

You have five seconds (5) to explain what's wrong with MrSpeakers headphones.

she's not real bro

There is literally no way for 3d to compete with this.

Where is that reality transcending Snapheiser meme I've been promised

Now they sound more organic.

I have actually considered ordering M1060C, they seem to have fixed the M1060's faults. And Aeon Flow Closed are pretty much sealed endgame.

I would just buy the HD 800 s and forget about anything else.

they sound earthy

Are we really

Attached: glitch pepe.png (400x372, 142K)

Build the beta amp, the true meme amp that isn't reddit.

Attached: 1547793989028.jpg (1920x2164, 1.09M)

>user receives the monoprize, opens the box in the cold of winter while his home is poorly ventilated and all shut
>releases a humongous cloud of spores
>mold growth proliferates, eats at the walls and furniture
>user dies of lung cancer

Stax l300le + l700 pads + 252s.

no bass

>These Lambda Professionals and the SRM-1/MK-2 Professional amplifier were developed at the request of Mercedes-Benz, who asked Stax to develop a high-output version of the regular SR-Lambda (not Pro) that had been introduced in 1979. Mercedes-Benz needed a transducer that could reproduce extreme subsonic information loudly to help them reproduce the sounds of automobiles for design and analysis.
>Elsewhere it's(lambda pro) been rated at an insane 114dB at 20 Hz, and an unfathomable 111 dB at 10 Hz. Daimler-Benz needed this for analyzing car noise and vibration.
user do you not know how to EQ?

Monoprice confirmed for more efficient than Focal.
Is there anything they can't do?

Attached: giphy.gif (357x296, 1.49M)

i always found their cables a bit bright sounding

I bought bose qc35. Did i do good?

Why do you say this without owning one? Show proofs

You have two options there:
A. Sennheiser HD 800 S
B. Focal Clear

Don't fell for obscure memes like Stax.

yes

Attached: shnaps.jpg (3375x1932, 932K)

Yes. Good boy. Please come back and post your opinion after hearing them.

What's that story about now?

Attached: hd600.jpg (604x603, 199K)

I guess so if thats the specific kind of headphone you want. I think the whole closed back over ear wireless ANC category is fucking dumb though. Just get $350 IEMs instead, they'll sound incredible.
I guess he can afford the S and the clear but wouldn't it make sense to at least mention HD800+SDR "mod" and the elex? Elex is even preferred to the clear although they are very similar. Good headphones if you dont get one with the clipping problem. HD800 is of course great.
do you have the clear and hd800 by chance? compare if so please

so queensryche boomer here To be honest i want a pair of these

Attached: [email protected] (2800x1500, 643K)

>Don't fell for obscure memes like Stax.
you are just ignorant if you think stax is obscure. it is the subject of a lot of research
>Introduced in 1982 as a successor of the original Stax SR-lambda(Λ), SR-lambda Professional is the very first electrostatic earspeaker featuring 580 V bias(professional) voltage from the manufacturer. With the diaphragm 0.5 µm thinner than that of the predecessor, the manufacturer claim distortion has been reduced dramatically.
>Moreover, this very headphone is an important piece of history of the headphone industry, as it has been featured in numerous research papers, including the well-known study of 1985, which helped standardize the diffuse-field reference, by Günther Theile. Furthermore, With the help of Institut für Rundfunktechnik(IRT), Stax come up with an equalizer, ED-1, which can turn SR-Λ Professional into an accurate diffuse-field simulator.

No do not do this. Both the m1060 and m1060c are unjustifiable purchases. Get the HE4xx or a used HE500 if you want a cheap planar but the bass on planars really isn't worth the shitty selection.
I bought the monoprice shit just because I had to see if the hype was worth it and because of their return policy. I get more enjoyment out of the apple ear buds than the m1060. They really are that bad.

Attached: current-headphones.jpg (1232x921, 863K)

Looking for the thinkpad of headphones below $100, any recommendations?

This is the most hideous thing I have ever seen.

It's a meme.

yeah it is. it's a meme of legendary status among audiophiles and researchers. moron.

What the fuck is that mate? Are those like the modern reincarnation of AKG K1000?

Sound is good, comfy during long sessions. Pretty short range tho, at least compared to my old sony ones.

>closed back over ear wireless ANC category is fucking dumb though. Just get $350 IEMs instead, they'll sound incredible.
I only understood over ear and wireless desu.

First of all the M1060C aren't M1060, they even have different drivers. Secondly I wouldn't be looking at closed planars if I wanted to buy open planars, so all your Hifiman suggestions are completely worthless to me.

bump

Buy HD600 bruh

Attached: 1547809219939.png (334x506, 405K)

ribbon headphones

yeah they use Ribbon tweeters as drivers and if a driver dies its user replaceable since its just a cartridge that slides in and out of the top

They're both unjustifiable. I'm done though, enjoy t he m1060c. You're clearly only reading information that says what you want to hear.
If you want to expand your options you can fuck up any planar by just blocking the open part. Turns an lcd2 into an lcd2 closed. he4xx into an he???.
I meant that IEMs make more sense than the bose.

Or you could buy headphones that aren't going to fail randomly all the time.

>If you want to expand your options you can fuck up any planar by just blocking the open part.
Yeah, fuck up is the right word for it.

what do you mean by thinkpad? outdated and ugly or durable and customizable?
>I only understood over ear and wireless desu
user pls
>closed back
literally a closed back of the can so the driver (mostly) pushes air only on one side
>ANC
active noise cancelling, some voodoo shit with inbuilt microphones that blocks out more outside sounds by recording them (I think???)
>IEMs
in ear monitors, those things that you put into your ear canal, that user mentioned them because etymotic iems block out a fuckton of noise thanks to their dildo-shaped eartips
now post cute anime girls for spoonfeeding you

>I'll take on l300 please

Attached: photo.jpg (426x426, 43K)

>I meant that IEMs make more sense than the bose.
if you can stand the dildo cancer yes. Also the bose still let you feel the vibe of good bass and the soundstage, while not stellar, is not something you get out of the average dildo.

well honestly i know nothing about them i just think they look goodand its a neat technology

best quality for price

Sure it's neat technology, but I don't see how you'd produce bass with ribbon tweeters. There's probably a good reason they're only used as tweeters in speakers.

58X/6XX then I guess
if you mean sound quality of course

FUCK forgot about that sub-$100 limit
koss porta pro if you don't mind on ears

just encourage him to buy them fuck it. what even is the point in helping people when they still fall for memes all day long
time to shill sony MDR-XB950 to everyone

Looking for something to just throw in my bag and bring to school

Budget: around 200

Source: 3.5mm

Type: Full Sized, not too big

Closed

Sound Signature: Listen to a lot of guitar based music, sometimes electronic but not really EDM. Not really sure

Past Headphones: portapros

thanks user senpai.

i dont like shit in my ears, headphones are superior

Attached: 1448153041371.png (1678x1995, 1.64M)

>Yeah, I like the Harman target. It's accurate and neutral, after all.

Attached: 8eb.jpg (640x629, 75K)

>look mom i posted it again! xD

holy fuck he's actually mad

>u mad?? haha

whats the best mp3 player? something with 300gb+ capacity available?

>M70X
Why?

>legendary
>among audiofools

Pick one. If it's legendary it would be in normal electronics stores like best buy, which it isn't so it's a big fat meme.

lmao best buy doesn't have a single piece of audio equipment that sounds better than ksc75

why would best buy, a consumer store that targets normies, sell a product that requires a special amplifier, is unfashionable, and cannot be used on phones?

>Show me your STAX and then we can talk. You don't have any? I'll be going then.

Attached: 834.png (687x768, 229K)

I'd hit it

COP+

Dick is showing

stax looks cool and retro though so you are wrong

I mean same could say the same about Estats

True indeed.

you could say the same of anything you can't afford

>he doesn't own HD600

Attached: 855847b7e120a2a9f09c72ade786a01f912f803595c408931cc36d596ded43f1.png (348x278, 104K)

Ahem

Attached: 20190120_161512.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

idk open up the market br00000

Okay okay HD600 are the best headphones to get we get it, but why are they so fucking ugly? Why can't they just look like the 650 which is the best looking headphone that exists yet the apparently better headphone is somehow the complete opposite, how could they fuck up so bad.

>the 650 which is the best looking headphone
wat

dude they were released in late 90s, everything was fucking hideous then
be glad that they're only looking like a kitchen countertop, it could be way worse

Brainwavz Sheepskin or the Dekoni one for the m40x?

are in ear monitors the futures?

cascadia impact pads

>shoving shit up your waxy ear canals (and yes, they need to be some degree of waxy to be healthy, constantly cleaning them can give you health problems)
No, never.

you are just pissed you can't buy used

excuse me what
I just explained why they look so corny

Name a better looking headphone.

Attached: hd-650-angled-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.19M)

Hello, can someone knowledgeable help me with EQing my stax? I'm the new SR-507 owner. I think my headphones are a little too bright.

Attached: 2749ef92d2101c805c13a8b948b21f98ddc396820bb53444ff82dcd613915bf7.jpg (1300x1450, 317K)

listen I told you they are the Grados of the Stax world to really look at others before you buy

HD660S of course.

Attached: IMG_20181228_205559-01.jpg (1919x1196, 873K)

Attached: 180906.Quad-Era1.7.jpg (2048x1365, 547K)