Watercooling is trash

I picked up 240mm AIO from NZXT and i swear i hate that thing, pic not related
>three times louder than my single fan Cryorig H7
>pump makes constant buzzing noise, people say its normal
>takes 4 steps to take heat away from the cpu, literally cpu>coldplate>water>radiator
>based aircoolers only take 2 steps of induction, cpu>radiator
Just get a good aircooler my dudes, dont buy into AIOs

Attached: aiomeme.jpg (800x539, 59K)

What about overclock?
Water cooling is better at keeping temps down, ive never had one so i dont know about the noise part.

my H7 handles peak temperatures better over time than my aio. its only 2C lower but its still better

The H100i I've got is quiet, works great, and even flashes rainbow colors so you can let everyone know how many cocks you suck OP.

Yes you should alcohol.

I agree user, AIOs are for leddit niggers. Custom loops can be based sometimes IMO.

Pump shouldn't make a buzzing noise, they tend to be sensitive to placement.

Yeah, imagine adding two more points of failure (that may even kill your components) for a few degrees less/a few niggahurtz more. A custom loop is cool if you're willing to maintain it, but still awkward.

The only thing true you said that is true is that the fans on most AIO are garbage. I just replaced the fans on my AIOs with Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromaxs. Now my system is whisper quiet with a 8700k at 5GHz and 1080ti with AIO kit running a constant 2.05 GHz.

That AOI in jpg related is the shit you see in pre-built's. ..

Attached: Evil steven .png (1076x770, 1.69M)

I cut open my AMD card and put a 120mm h55(50?) on it along with some tiny heatsink for vrms and it runs cooler than the full block AIO 1080 ti under 100% load

Mind you, half the frame

Attached: 6E420A5A-B89C-497E-8820-ACFA883D46F6.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

return it not as described on ebay

can we see

These people aren't overclockers. If they were they wouldn't be air cooling.

what the fuck man

Attached: ggr_cat.jpg (477x404, 76K)

If someone was really overclocking they would be using a proper water cooling setup not an AIO
An AIO is not really a replacement for a custom loop and only ones bigger than a 240/280mm radiator will have any significant performance uplift compared to high end air

Attached: 31561718498_3e0c863565_b.jpg (1024x576, 152K)

How does being open or closed change the cooling power at all? It's the extra rad space here that likely made the difference.

If all things where equal it would be the same but with an open loop your looking at better blocks, better pumps and thicker radiators that fit in the same space an AIO can
I just really hate is marketing wank notion that because AIOs are considered water cooling they must be sooo much better than any air cooler

You have to lower the stock fan curve. I don't know about NZXT but corsair's new ML fans are whisper quiet even with good static pressure. Noctuas are great too.

At this point you really should just do a custom loop.

Why is the bottom gpu not power connected?

Couple things. You have an overall larger thermal mass to buffer heat spikes on individual components. You have a much better pump like a Liang D5 over 2-3 Asetek ones. You can actually size out your radiators by fin density and thickness giving you far more control over the sound profile of your fans.

That's stooopid. Put the 240 on the top, and the 120s in the front. Rotate the 120 on the side so the tubes run close to the side panel.

Attached: 1546787781826.jpg (799x650, 98K)

>These people aren't overclockers.
>use /ourcooler/
>OC 1600 to 4.0 ghz
>not overclockers

Nah. At the front I can have push/pull 280mm rad getting cool air in. If mounted at the top, it can only push warm case air out the top, push/pull won't fit because it's not deep enough AND the mounting is centred so there's 40mm of spacing either side with a 280 rad at the top, which I now have fitted 3x120mm exhaust fans to maximise the use of that AND the cooler only goes tubes towards front, so I can't use the 5.25 drive bay. So that's why it's at the front. At the bottom is a 140mm intake and the rear top is a push/pull intake. All radiators are getting outside air and push/pull config.

I want to but aircoolers look hideous user

Attached: topbaka.jpg (221x228, 10K)

I sold the 1080 ti so the frontier took its place now

Is that Incestiny's son?

Have you tried different configs and confirmed the results? I have a similar setup with 2 gtx1080 ti sli with aio and 9900k with aio. I get the best results with 2 120 rad pulling air in and my 360 rad pushing air out.

Watercooling ain't trash. Not even AIO is trash. With a grinder and thermal paste I got this cunt front 80 deg under stress test load to sitting at around 40 deg. The VRM heatsink are only 5mm high. My CPU is OC i9-9900k and that's cool as shit with h115i or whatever.

You probably use shit paste and can't mount a cooler properly. Enjoy your air

Attached: 607D7BD3-AE8A-44FB-B462-125CAE18AC05.jpg (4032x3024, 2.4M)

It's his wife's son

I only have a corsair 450D case, so mounting options surprisingly limited. In general, at the top (before I went push/pull on all rads) worked great.

But front I can have push/pull which is fine desu. Only have the 1 GPU now anyway otherwise yeah they would both be at the front.

This
You're pulling in electrostatically charged air, try pull intake from the exhaust, push the 240 out from the top and push both 120 out on the front, just leave the bottom as is

Based aftermarker gpu cooler bro

NZXT sells an adaptor that lets you mount common aios to your gpu, i have one in my 980ti that I've oced and it took it from 85c to 60c under stress tests.

thanks captain obvious

Don't buy Asetek trash.
Unless you live in burgerland where Asetek patent trolls all the other brands that try to make a pump on cpu block CLC.

permanently OC'd CPU is a meme these days
it's all about frequency scaling. ideally there'd be a TEC around the base of an air cooler that would allow insane peaks for upwards of 20 seconds.
GPU/computational accelerators would have the most to benefit from watercooling, but this is a CPU thread.

That's what I bought to use but the AIO I got was so low profile I could put the original shroud back on. Looks better, kept original blower fan, keeps more shit out and structurally supports the fragile PCB better, even with the middle taken out.

Attached: 5444B801-D221-4AE2-93B9-130C9DF91610.jpg (4032x3024, 1.77M)

Watercoolers are a meme, only soi gamer retards use them to look cool.
Had my trusty NH-U14S for 5 years now, thing is damn quiet and cools my 4.8Ghz, 9900k with ease.