Windows 7 ends supports in less then a year

>windows 7 ends supports in less then a year
>40% of the computers of the world still users still uses win 7

Well fuck, no way these 40% will handle win10, so what will happen then? Will everyone just migrate to Linux already?

Attached: shiet.png (500x348, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/microsoft-windows-xp-market-share-2014-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>, no way these 40% will handle win10
>this is what retards actually think
on the same hardware win10 is 2x as fast

same thing the chinks did when windows xp support ended in 2014 but still had a 30% market share

businessinsider.com/microsoft-windows-xp-market-share-2014-2

>win10
>faster
2019 and people still fall for this meme.

Windows 10 does perform okay on older hardware. I support a lot of various Windows varieties, from 7/server 2008 to win10 and it just gets to that point where we order them new equipment. We're all forced to update at some point.

On a hard drive, it's slow a shit in comparison to 7 (apart from boot times).
With an SSD, it's significantly faster than 7.

im gonna install gentoo and theres nothing micro$oft cant do about it

Attached: yande.re 509105 pantyhose sinsihukunokonaka tagme.jpg (1200x2000, 323K)

>Well fuck, no way these 40% will handle win10
what the fuck my thinkpad from 2007 can handle win10

People will just migrate to 10

Windows 10 is literal malware. I will NEVER EVER upgrade to it from 7.
t. professional security researcher

Attached: cat.gif (67x90, 59K)

Do you have something to hide?

10 will run quite well on just about any machine with a 64 bit CPU. However, that doesn't mean I'll ever use it.

As long as it's coupled with AT LEAST 4 GB of RAM.

When will this shitty logic die already.

where do you get these myths from?

>Will everyone just migrate to Linux already?

words 'everyone' and 'Linux' rarely go together, and it will stay this way, user.

>t. professional security researcher
user watching animu and reading wikipedia all day doesn't qualify you for this title

It's a fact. Windows 10 is completely usable on anemic shit like a Core 2 Duo. I use machines like this all the time, and they work just fine. Yeah, of course, your mileage may vary. Using a 5400 RPM drive, and not having a discrete GPU for web / video rendering will severely hamper performance.

epic larp bro

Attached: animu watching wikipedia reading hdd content.png (819x932, 167K)

forwarding your post to the FBI

>no way these 40% will handle win10
I laugh every time I hear this. I wish you mouthbreathers could understand that Windows' hardware requirements have barely moved since Vista - and that's the real reason XP support was extended. But no, keep saying the same wrong thing for a decade, and wonder why everybody laughs at you.

>t. amateur larper
FTFY. You're welcome.

How long have you been on Jow Forums? Crap like this spins around for decades (see above), and they're incapable of accepting the truth. It's why they're on Jow Forums, and not a board with anyone intelligent or competent.

This. GF is running 10 on an ancient notebook with C2D, 4GB RAM, 5400 RPM hard disk. Performance is comparable to Windows 7 on it.

This.

I have tested windows 10 on multiple machines that had windows 7. This is not even remotely true.

>I have tested windows 10 on multiple machines that had windows 7.
>This is not even remotely true.
I saw the real connection between these two sentences in 1.1 seconds. How did everyone else do?

0.7 seconds.

>Jow Forums
Saw it instantly, duh.

I think XP still gets updates for the commercial sector,you're supposed to pay for it but theres a way of recieving the updates anyway so win 7 is probably fine for another 5+ years

lol

Attached: emuperf.png (2425x1164, 710K)

You literally just change a few lines in the registry, and you can recieve the POSReady 2009 updates. Typing this from a machine I've done it on

>gaymulators
opinion discarded

Problem is, POSReady is a cut-down version of XP. The updates don't give anything like full coverage.
The simplest solution is, of course, to just run POSReady instead of getting your full-fat XP to pretend to be it.

You still took that shit bait tho.

Do you have something to know?

Attached: 1538238746702.png (1228x1150, 230K)

I'm never moving to Win10; I don't want my PC to lose performance by having the Spectre/Meltdown patches shoved down my throat.

>4GB RAM, 5400 RPM hard disk
clearly you don't love her very much

I have a small dick

not even linux fags on drugs don t dream of something like that

This is objectively wrong

gw2 especially ran like shit. With windows 7 you have way less clutter and everything just werks and fast too

Everyone will just keep using win7 until pajeetsoft learns the lesson

Attached: 1532158785213.jpg (640x1176, 70K)

I have to plan a new build anyway since my gaming pc died and this is one of the main dilemmas I'm facing that I never had to face before. Can't really run windows 7 because new hardware support, could run linux but even that's an issue with hardware and game support and possibly performance, or get windows 10 and figure out the convoluted process of getting that thing to not have all the telemetry and adware built into it.

Oh they applied those to Win7 the exact same week brah.

I see plenty of computers still running xp every day

I have LTSC and it runs close to 2gb while being idle, if you want to do anything with it you need 4 gigs

That would hold water if I was the one who posted the shit bait, mouthbreather. Stop digging.

where can i download a clean version of windows 7? all the torrents online seem to be some kind of malware

Attached: photo_2019-01-20_16-15-17.jpg (720x944, 49K)

>i am another mong who doesn't understand what a disk cache is

You COULD just get it from MS itself by using a Techbench URL dumper.

Attached: 1544088125846.gif (260x150, 1.45M)

The Windows 10 upgrade advisor program told me I can't upgrade to 10 because the graphics hardware isn't supported

Attached: Fujitsu U820.jpg (1000x867, 217K)

She has a Core i3 running Win7 she doesn't use, hilariously enough. Probably because the i3 has a 250GB hard disk, and her C2D has 1TB.

Most of these are old people who will just continue to use 7.

Yes - it would be unsupported on 8.x too. They did away with the backcompat for pre-Vista video drivers around then.
You would find Windows 10 does actually run - but with that wooden spoon VBE driver.

Attached: putinlaugh.gif (346x244, 1.86M)

The only reason i'm still using win7 (in a vm) is because of the cracked IDA pro I'm using, as well as the programs that I'm cracking need to be run in a windows environment
Literally 0 other reason

Windows editions whether it be XP Pro or POSReady are 99% the same. The only real difference comes down to configuration and included software. The NT kernel is the same and that is what matters.

Attached: received_196665254542278.jpg (688x676, 43K)

Well that compy sure looks comfy. cool that it swivels the screen like that

>the networking stack doesn't matter
>the runtime libraries don't matter
>the builtin web browser doesn't matter
ok kid

Attached: 1546311934782.gif (300x169, 1.34M)

>disk cache
Whatever ya say fa/g/ try playing games or running emulators on it, that is what I mean t by "doing anything with it". If ya only use 1 chrome file at a time for facebook/ music and your "pc" is only for browsing and using the email like the average wintards you will be fine, but if you actually do work on it then 2 gigs is a nono.

Attached: 1542319970814.jpg (515x644, 30K)

Friendly reminder that people like this are how we got everything from Slammer to Wannacry, and why MS forces updates on us now.

>still a mong
>proves it by doubling down on idiocy

Attached: 1300720308609.jpg (472x315, 30K)

How can one possibly argue?

Attached: 1545226588315.png (466x242, 97K)

p-please user, y-you have to support microsoft, the indie software developer. w-we need shekels user, please.

>2 post of >implying and counting
can you give proof of what you talk about faggot?
I actually installed win 10 on systems with only 2 gigs of ram cause I live in east europe so the majority of the ppl here are poor and can t aford to upgrade their pc cause their sons or daughtes wana play gayms, and the majority would freeze or crash after 5 tabs of chrome being opened.

Windows 7 suffered the worst from wannacry, while those affected on windows 10 were less than 1%,despite being over 1/3 of the windows install base.

Yeah, it's funny what 10 years of security updates gets you.

Correction: forced updates. You were safe from wannacry if you kept your windows 7 up to date.

I would unironically update to Windows 10 if Microsoft had kept their free upgrade offer indefinitely

>Correction: forced updates
Well, yeah. I don't think we're actually arguing cross purposes. People who weren't stupid and did the right thing on 7 were unaffected.
MS forces updates on 10 because people are stupid and don't do the right thing.
The government forces you to wear seat belts because people are stupid and don't do the right thing.
etc.

The forcing is due to collateral damage. Your mom stored your SSN, name, and dob in a text file on the PC, and some hacker hacked into it because she didn't update. Someone without their seat belt goes flying all over their car, unable to hit the brakes it as it careens into oncoming traffic.

Attached: 1547773099635.gif (300x186, 446K)

They have, they just don't shout about it. Inplace upgrade still works the same way it did when Windows 10 was released. Or squint on over to the assistive technologies offer on the MS site (which I'm pretty certain is still working, too).

My old pc could barely be used with win10 after I used the free upgrade they gave people

ms could easily just make forced updates the default and have some toggle that goes back to the windows 7 update system. 99% wouldn't change shit and the ones who do would be greeted with a giant warning screen telling them it will fuck their computer up.

Evidence shows that doesn't happen. Remember, 13 years after the fact, most of the WWW still consists of "how to disable UAC" tutorials.
Provide an easy way for normies to blow their fucking legs off and blame someone else, make no mistake, they will blow their fucking legs off and blame someone else.
The fact that Windows Update can be disabled - while so many people swear blind it can't be - means MS have the perfect system already.

Wrong, Windows 7 is already like this and tons of morons turned it off.

The offer is still there.
I upgraded for free at the end of 2018 despite having pirated win7.

sure you can disable the whole fucking thing. If you only want security patches and nothing else then good luck.

Just keep a decent backup drive and a copy of 'COMMON FUCKING SENSE CURRENT YEAR EDITION' and XP is mostly good to go.
Fuck that's what you're supposed to do with any operating system in the first place!

so? Void their warranty if they do.

Steam dropped support for xp, and yes sorry games do matter to some people and not everyone that likes to occasionally game is a crazy psycho gamer stereotype.

>pinning HDD and CPU at 99% for 50 minutes at a time
>at an organisation with hundreds of computers

Yeah I'm sure that's going to be ok.

Then you have collateral damage.

that already happens with forced updates.

besides, linux lets you hose the entire system with a single command yet is still used pretty much everywhere besides the desktop.

32bit version runs fine on my mom's shitty tablet, intel atm and 1gb ram.

The fuck does that have to do with anything? Who was talking about games? Besides GOG still supports XP so who gives a shit?

Attached: win10 spyware.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

*sip* I remember this incompetent mong. Them's were the days when you could fine THAT level of incompetent mong outside of Jow Forums. God he was a laughing stock when we all found out all the basic errors he made (not even restarting Windows was a big one).

Not really.

>so what will happen then?
nothing, Windows 7 users will carry on as always

I dab on telemetry

Attached: pajeet domains.png (1004x145, 8K)

What is GOG

Btw, the steam client still works, although not supported any longer.

I can't wait until everyone is on windows 10. I manage 30 small businesses and like half have 7, a few with 8.1 and the rest is 10.its hell trying to juggle them all.

Has MicroShill ever thought about what's going to happen when all the hospitals finally update to Windows 10 and in the middle of trying to give medications or look up a patient's chart in an emergency it decides it's time to update for an hour?

Sad world we live in where a core2duo is considered "anemic"

Treat that day as any other and just enjoy life. Hell the OS won't just stop working after that date. Long as the browser I use still gets updates and long as my antivirus software gets updates then I'm fine. I swear it's like people think the world is ending or some shit on the windows 7 eol date. Damn people; its just a date. Life will go on and so will your windows 7 install.

>organisation with hundreds of computers
this is literally what gpedit.msc is for

hospital computers run custom OSs

No, they don't. They run Windows 7 at all three hospitals I've worked at since 2011.