Is webdev the fastest means of Jow Forums income?

Hey Jow Forums, I finally got some decent psychiatric help and it turns out I had comorbid ADHD and clinical depression. With both of those things handled, I'm hoping to get my life back on track and actually be able to buckle in and establish a career programming.

I'm currently learning C and Javascript, and should be learning more of that as I continue in school.

I'd really like the learning process to be as efficient as possible given I'm making up for lost time, so to speak. I have no friends or anything to get in the way, but was previously unable to focus on it for long due to the aforementioned issues without getting very anxious and such. What languages should I focus on to be as career-ready and generally knowledgeable as possible. I'd really like to be able to earn income without being tied to a particular employer.

Attached: IMG_9355[1].jpg (1000x689, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.mit.edu/alexmv/6.037/sicp.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

web.mit.edu/alexmv/6.037/sicp.pdf

Attached: xTutor1.jpg (500x492, 85K)

Whatchoo got there, user?

No SQL is the quickest way to get a job.

>quick to learn
>high demand
>no need to learn new meme languages every few years
>only one pay grade below programmers

>finally got some decent psychiatric help
Nice

>With both of those things handled
What did he mean by that?

See
The first time I got help it was with a pretty bad service, and it scared me off from getting help for years. This time around it's a service that seems considerably better. The former can be handled with medication and, with proper structuring of how I schedule myself, operated with just fine (I could do basic adult functioning stuff like go to work, but particularly focus-intensive things like serious learning endeavors had gotten difficult).

If it's as good as you say why hasn't there been codecamps or ads to learn it?

Learn Lambda Calculus

A cursory investigation reveals that this is not a language but still something worth learning to up the quality of your method in programming?

Lambda Calculus is a language.

codecamp niggers are too retarded for cursors and stored procedures

>comorbid ADHD and clinical depression
your gonna be just fine
> What languages should I focus on to be as >career-ready
in our life time i think you need node-js , angular, mongo-db

Do you mean NoSQL or No, SQL?

>angular
>mongodb

sorry sweaty, its not 2015 anymore

why you have to do this? y u have to say that?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-21 03-37-17.png (1920x1080, 207K)

Speaking of, is there any merit in doing something like freecodecamp as a learning tool if you just do the certification projects and don't bother with the slideshows?

you can use the projects as a starting point for your projects. lets say they're making a crud app. then you take it and tweak it and extend it to suit your needs, and if you dont have any needs then just google for SRS documents about random pieces of software like a cafeteria management app.

btw if was OP i would definitely go full trans on social media so I'd get a six figure job in two months tops.

As OP, I'm actually going the other way socially and considering becoming an Orthodox catechumen. Though yes, if I wanted to become the monster, I would actually probably be able to amass sickening amounts of credit among that crowd.

haha calm down buddy. go back to your skiddy python.

I taught myself webdev a few years ago, started at 50k, now at 100k.

who gives a fuck dude grow up

What's the rate of people in webdev growing into other fields?

no, copywriting and SEO is the fastest. It's shit if you hate salesmanship.

How do i know the difference between not being good at focus-intensive things and just being lazy? I feel like it's a problem I've been having thats getting worse but yeah i don't know if it's an actual disorder or I'm just a lazy shit
I barely graduated with my bachelors and I'm suffering in grad school

I'll tell you how OP
>first, install gentoo
>learn how to use gentoo well, how to rice, and know your bash scripts
>second, learn sicp, lisp, and lambda calculus
>third, learn C
>fourth (optional), learn haskell
Congrats this makes you a certified autist. Now collect your NEETbux, watch anime, and shitpost on Jow Forums.

Attached: 1545897376680.jpg (609x664, 248K)

>I finally got some decent psychiatric help and it turns out I had comorbid ADHD and clinical depression

Attached: daffy_duck.png (719x719, 564K)

Can you muricans actually get IT jobs without a college degree?

>Can you remain gainfully employed?
I ask this because it this and my father being diagnosed with ADHD at my age was what prompted me to look into it. I worked 50 hour weeks before I started college this semester and was consistently one of the better-regarded employees, but I realized the tasks weren't particularly challenging focus-wise and I was spending the whole day moving around and changing objectives, so I never spent enough time having to sit down with something to get restless or bored.
I'd rather be self-employed than wholly unemployed at this point.
Yes.

Seriously? Over here in Germany it's impossible. You can be the literal code god, no degree in IT no job.

yo, , how do I guarentee I get hired doing Web Dev or SQL? I'm not far from being a total noob in either domain, but other than that it's hard to guage how ready I am to apply (note: I don't want to apply right now either). Like what's the bare minimum proficiency and portfolio for both SQL and WebDev to be an "average" or so applicant?

topkek

>if it's so good when isn't the market satured?
lol

this is the comfiest path. unironically basically me with a few other entry level endeavors sprinkled in there.

I already have no SQL knowledge, does this mean I'm qualified?

Certain positions won't look at you without a degree or a lot of experience, but the professional sphere can always use codemonkeys here.

Programming well and being a trendy twitter fiend with mediocre knowledge are different beasts.