>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match; consider 1070/Ti or Vega56 ONLY if on sale
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: i9-9900k.jpg (478x389, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/vwkHtg
pcpartpicker.com/list/2bpFnH
lmgtfy.com/?q=Micro-ATX or Mini-ITX case that has an external 5.25" drive bay.
pcpartpicker.com/list/ncVGzY
nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2060/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137380
amazon.com/dp/B07MC63K76/
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/resident-evil-2-biohazard-re2-1-shot-demo-test-gpu-cpu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is there a case like this with 165mm cpu cooler height support?

Recommend me a 1080p 144hz monitor with GOOD colors.

Bought a BenQ XL2411Z a couple of years ago. It certainly does its job for gaming but I want something that doesn't look like ass.

Remember: there's a reason why AMD products are cheap.
Don't buy them.

yes, search for the Fractal Define R6

those are definitely similar in form factor

any advice on this build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/vwkHtg

Another Lava Lake 14nm+++++++ user?

good

Now that isn't fair. If it weren't for AMD, Intel and NVIDIA would have monopolies respectably. I think they've come quite a long way with their Ryzen series chips.

can an AMD APU handle 1080p games ok?

Yea, but with low fps and stutters. Intel is better for games.

yeah who doesn't enjoy the classic intel UHD slideshow lmao

>full tower

Attached: 29-Mobo-ITX.jpg (600x472, 122K)

For fuck sake.

2 weeks ago: "1440p: 2070"
Last Week: "1440p: 2060"
This week: "1440p: 2070"

Cope, pajeet.

this. can we ban full atx gaming pcs with 1 gpu?

Just get a 2080 and lay it all to rest.

Alright so I'm retarded and have never done this shit before. Do power supplies usually come with cables or do I need to buy a set?

2060 is fine for 1440p

>pcpartpicker.com/list/vwkHtg
Personally I'd shop around for a used 1080 ti for cheaper, and of course 9th gen i7 is way overpriced so doing the same for an 8700K and z370 board will also be huge savings. The prices will no doubt drop when Zen 2 launches later this year as well.

The actual difference in performance from last gen hardware is smaller than it has been in long time.

Attached: 1540108204909.png (723x481, 153K)

In the quite short term, yeah

if it's a fully/semi modular unit it will come with all the necessary cabling.

dat airflow tho

Ok, thanks m8

I'd love to but ~$800 is retarded

what's a good GPU Resident Evil 2 Remake at 1440p?

>higher volume = better airflow
a properly configured, far cheaper mid tower or matx case is capable of running nearly anything you want to run.

Attached: steve1989almost.png (384x390, 153K)

Why the sudden recommendation for RTX series?

10x faster at only 100x heat in a single chip! And heat the whole house, OR the water if you don't need house heating!
Lava Lake!

First time builder, I bought a RX 580 4gb.
How fucked I'm? I'm planning on playing 1080 and 60fps.

Pascal is running out of stock
Amd can't compete
What else should we buy

Find me a quality Micro-ATX or Mini-ITX case that has an external 5.25" drive bay.

A lot. Try to return it and.get a 580 8GB

Do I need to worry about a fanless PSU in a non overclocked Intel 9700k Housefire (TM) paired with a 2080?
Warning, this is extremely cancerous.

pcpartpicker.com/list/2bpFnH

Nobody buys Intel.

Get the PG279QZ and get a PSU with a fan, else buy an extintor. Also get a Noctua cooler or a be quiet dark rock pro 4.

>the only gaming I do is f2p shit with video settings at minimum to get 60 fps
>also play emulators, that top out with PS2 games
>the most advanced game I have is Civ 5 and I play on strategic mode
>plan on getting a 1440p monitor
Will a 1050ti be enough? I just want Warframe to run at 60 fps, I don't mind minimum settings.

1050 is good for it but you would probably be fine with the ryzen 3000 series apu when it launches.

Also, why do you buy 2 packs of 3 case fans? Just buy 3 Noctua or be quiet ones and you're gonna have way better thermals. Also most coolers have thermal paste pre-applied, and those who do not come with it pre-applied come with a thermal paste applicator.

>1050ti

Get a 570 doofus, same price and far better performance

Nice, I was looking into the Ryzen with the Vega 11 apu, but it was way under powered for what I want to do. With the new one, I could always add a discrete gpu later on.

Which monitor is good for dedicated portrait mode? U2415? U2515H?

lmgtfy.com/?q=Micro-ATX or Mini-ITX case that has an external 5.25" drive bay.

seems like you were deadset on the case before you posted so this is as far as im going to go.

Pascal is getting dated and you'll be thankful you have the new meme when every game starts using it.

As for now, yes. But in 1-2 years it won't have enough juice. Go for the 2070.

So is the AMD RX still a good choice?
>1080p gaming

For 1080p It'll probably be fine unless you're trying to run shit at like 144 frames

Upgrading from a 1060 3gb. Lasted pretty well for a $160 price but feeling its limitations on certain games at 1080p, although most play high/ultra easy.

Anything to get nowadays? Is a Vega 56 at $300-350 good now that they got a decent free game promortion? Or is something around the corner? Also see a ton of freesync 1080p monitors at sub-$150.

Be honest with me. After building your gaymen PC, how much are you fully utilizing your hardware? That is, how often do you even play graphically-intensive games?

Other then the miners, most people here just shit post and play WoW. They don't even try benchmarking Crysis 1.

Are new ryzens coming soon? If it does happen is it better to get the new one or take advantage of the price drop on the old ones?

Nah, I'm using a freesync ips monitor so high framerates is out of the question.

>Amd can't compete
What?

>how much are you fully utilizing your hardware?
I bought a 2080 and ended up playing only overwatch.

I regularly play siege at 1440p 144hz. Looking to upgrade to zen 3 eventually, my 4690k gasps for air during vray rendering.

>As for now, yes. But in 1-2 years it won't have enough juice. Go for the 2070.
I have an RX 580. Most games I get 60fps+ on ultra settings. If you tone things down to high, you can hit 100+ easy.

2080 vs 2080 Ti for 1440p and why?

>get a 2080 Ti
>it has this fancy-ass VirtualLink USB C port
>try out USB drive with an adapter, plugged into graphics card
>it works
>look it up, it's a USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps controller
My graphics card has a fancier USB controller than my motherboard, what has the world come to?

What refresh rate? 144Hz? Do you want to get as close to 144FPS as possible at all times, or will you be happy in general with stable >60 FPS? Do you have/will you buy a VRR monitor (you should)?

144hz. I want to be as close to 144fps as possible. And what is VRR?

I hear having a Noctua d15/dark rock pro4/big air cpu cooler is a bad idea if you plan to move your computer a lot. I tend to move mine back and forth between houses for LAN parties/meetups, am I better off just getting an AIO?

Im playing Crytek’s newest game. Enough said

I try playing things like gta and bf5 at 2k / 144 hz but higher thermals trigger me.

Then a 2080 Ti, you'll need all the performance you can get and you won't hit 144FPS in absolutely every game anyway. Personally I'd be happy with a 2080 for 1440p. VRR is variable refresh rate, so FreeSync and GSync.

What's the best 2080 Ti then?
This is my build if you also want to help me with other things. pcpartpicker.com/list/ncVGzY

Which RTX 2060 should I get?
I'm considering these:
Nvidia: nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/rtx-2060/
MSI: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137380
EVGA: amazon.com/dp/B07MC63K76/

I've heard a lot of good things about EVGA, and the overclock on that one is pretty high, so I think it may be worth the extra $30.

Attached: gfx.jpg (1936x1088, 1.51M)

Had it for a few years , Thinking its about upgrade time. Debating on waiting for ryzen/navi dream What you think /pcbg/?

Will keep the HDD's and then give the rest of the machine to my niece.

Attached: Speccy64_2019-01-20_17-58-45.png (866x811, 53K)

Is it true that MSI Armor Mk2 is good for gpu’s like the rx580?
I know the first Armor models are meant to be shit

Ivw got the ventus. Its quit and ive been running it ar 2070mhz stablw and no coil wine. But be aware the backplate is plastic. Only reason downside imo

I'm not sure which the absolute best is. There are generally 2 things to look out for, the board's maximum TDP and if it comes with a 300A binned/OC-approved GPU or a regular 300. You want high TDP because it will allow the card to boost more and you want a 300A GPU because they're binned for better OC and come on higher TDP cards. A 300A GPU with enough cooling and TDP headroom will run at >2GHz. Ideally you also want Samsung GDDR6 because it OCs better, supposedly.

There are a bunch of cards which come with the reference/FE PCB but with a custom cooler on top. The reference PCB is actually really solid, so this isn't a bad thing. These cards have the key advantage that they can be flashed with other BIOS versions which have higher TDP. There's a BIOS floating around which raises TDP to 380W (and yes, the reference PCB can handle it easily), this should make it quite certain that you can make your card boost >2GHz. Due to this, reference PCB cards with a fat 2.5/3 slot cooler on top are pretty good choices as long as they have a 300A GPU. You can look at custom PCB cards too, but those will also be power limited so make sure you check what TDP limits they have. Their main advantage in general would be that they have even better coolers, plus the GPUs may be even better binned.

There's a thread on OCN with a lot of models, listing TDP and GPU type, so you can look at that and see which models are available wherever you're buying from and pick the best deal available.

As for the rest, I'd suggest looking at a FreeSync monitor, now that NVIDIA supports it there isn't much reason to pay the GSync tax and lock yourself down for the future. A good FreeSync monitor isn't any worse in practice than GSync and FreeSync on NVIDIA cards seems to run just as well as it does on AMD, NVIDIA's implementation is solid.

How reliable are reviews for gpu’s on newegg, Amazon etc?
I was interested in Powercolor Vega 56 but apparently it’s loud with significant coil whine

Bump

I generally avoid most amazon reviews. The vast majority are made by boomers that have no idea what they're doing.

Why does no one ever talk about the Vega 64? I've been thinking about getting one but the lack of discussion around it worries me. Should I get a 2070 instead?

All you need is a new graphics card
Niece doesn't need all that.

New Ryzen CPUs probably coming mid year. Better to buy the new ones with a new mobo.

2060 or keep your 1060. You may have heard that Nvidia cards support Freesync now.

Not fucked by a long shot but you should have gotten the 8GB model.

Price/perf is better on the 2060 than anything else in that range. The higher end cards don't have AMD competitors. Vega VII will be a housefire but might be decent for 1440p depending on price.

RTX 2060 or above
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/resident-evil-2-biohazard-re2-1-shot-demo-test-gpu-cpu

The 2060 and 2070 are only about 15% perf difference. 2070 is overpriced

Good if you have a 1440p 144Hz monitor to go with it. Needs SSD if you don't have one already

How much should i overclock my new 2700x?

Attached: CPU.png (511x624, 24K)

You shouldn't unless you need extra performance in a particular game

Is there anything to look out for when getting an internal bluray writer

It's been a pretty decent value for the past couple months or so at $400, but i'd say that the 2060 is a better value now (even though it should be $100 cheaper). I'd only go with the v64 if you want to ensure freesync compatibility or you do alot of heavy compute stuff/need hbm2.

>lifespan of the CPU
So CPUs get old nowadays?

Fuck what this guy said. Overclock it then show everyone how big your dick is IRL

Any suggestions for graphics card? 1440p/144hz?

Id assume 2080ti for best performance but fuck man 1k+ for a card is excessive to me.

Currently overclocking my 980 to extreme levels surprised it hasn't caught fire yet

You can make use of a 2080 Ti since pushing up to 144FPS is quite a lot, but a 2080/1080 Ti will still be very good while not as expensive. You could even go down to the 2070/1080 level and still get >60FPS generally speaking.

Depends on the games you play, but probably RTX 2080. Better than the 1080Ti, which was the previous go to for 1440p 144Hz.

2080ti is kind of a meme. just go for the 2080

yeah, I bought one a week ago and have to send it back because my shit keeps crashing.

Thanks , Depending if i can snag a 2080 for a decent price , I Might wait until near the end of the year and see if AYMD does anything with navi or if Radeon 7 is some miracle card in disguise

AMD said they'd be releasing mainstream cards IIRC, so I'd expect something to replace Vega 56/64 out of them, not something above Radeon VII. Waiting is always a sort of double edged sword, you don't want to buy something at the tail-end of a generation since it's basically disadvantageous as whatever you buy will be outdated quickly. Radeon VII should be decent for 1440p, but at $700 it won't really be anything special.

What can i build for $2000.

I want to play games, but the bulk of my work is data manipulation/ visualization and i am getting i to python and R.

My work computer is a dell 7730 with a xenon.

Is the RX 580 still viable right now for 1080p gaming or should I go for the RTX 2060?

Also note I have a freesync monitor.

>xenon
The Xbox 360 CPU?

Got myself an ASrock x470 master sli and a ryzen 7. Does Ryzen 7 play nice with Windows 7 or should I upgrade to 10 for gaming?

have an itch to upgrade my pc which hasnt had much done to it since i built it in 2011/early 2012 aside from a new gpu. it's currently running an i5 2500k to get an idea of how old it is. is the i5 8600k a good step up? i'm unsure if i should go with an i5 or an i7, though im also not looking to spend much more than like 200 for a cpu

What's the absolute best 24-inch monitor available?

>1080p only. May consider 1440p but just stick to the former.
>Doesn't have to be IPS: TN is what I want, but color reproduction should be exceptional.
>1~5ms, whatever.
>75+ Hz is good. I can settle with 60 Hz.
>Syncs can be there or not

Yes my GPU can handle it just answer the question. Same goes to (you) 69446438. It's a 1080ti, I didn't want to mention it because autists now are going to sperg like raving faggots over my low-medium spec monitor choice.

Attached: 1533122536560.jpg (411x522, 56K)

ryzen seems like a nice cheap option but i'm worried about compatibility issues with modern games. could i even run something like witcher 3 with a ryzen?

No ryzen is total shit and doesn't run with anything, not even farmville.

>sintel

Attached: 65e.jpg (445x503, 112K)

Intel generally performs better with games at high FPS when there isn't a hard GPU bottleneck, but there isn't a game out there which Ryzen can't run decently. It's not that much slower.

Compatibility is fine, it's just a little slower than the top intel chips.
Witcher 3 is actually super easy to run, if you've got a powerful enough GPU you can get it above 144fps easy

Attached: 1.png (1240x698, 206K)