Terry

he was given divine intellect. RIP.
youtube.com/watch?v=7uLzaKlZSQQ

Attached: terry.webm (1920x1080, 2.06M)

RIP

If he had divine intellect he would probably make something other than a toy operating system full of games that look like they were made by a 10 year old in qBasic

what a heretic piece of shit you are.
he has created his own programming language and compiler, written an OS in it, and the specification was given by god.

niggers like you strive to be one of the 100000 contributors of something like gcc or linux, he built everything by himself as how he and god wants.

>and the specification was given by god.
no it wasn't
god doesn't give you specifications for baby programs with no purpose
he just did it because it was aimless and mentally ill

Shut the fuck up faggit

Fucking nigger monkeys. I bet you glow in the dark.

how boring is your life that you need to roleplay as terry davis

glad hes dead.

>god doesn't give you specifications for baby programs with no purpose
The purpose was to be his temple faglord

why would god want a temple where all you can do is play terrible video games

okay lets see you write an operating system while living in a van suffering from schizophrenia.

It's a guide faget. You should take it as an example and write your programs like terry. Same as you should try to live as decently as jesus.

I don't write operating systems I write useful programs

Jesus didn't spend his life jerking off in a van doing things of no consequence to anyone

>Jesus didn't spend his life jerking off in a van doing things of no consequence to anyone
Different times. The feature is computing. You can't expect shepherd prophets in the 21st Century.

>I don't write operating systems I write useful programs

Re-read what you just wrote, you ineffably stupid faggot.

If Jesus was alive today he wouldn't be Terry because Terry has done something of no consequence

Toy OSes are useless

Seeing as I don't agree that his operating system is a "toy," your premise is impossible to argue. Meanwhile, you lack the programming prowess to create your own OS, so you shit on a schizophrenic guy who did. Name one contribution you've made to the world of computing by which you will be remembered after your death. Like it or not, Terry A. Davis' memory is immortal now because of TempleOS.

Yeah, no need to reply because you know I'm right, you Pajeet-sucking asshole.

>Seeing as I don't agree that his operating system is a "toy,"
It does nothing useful, by design, so it's a toy, he said as much by himself, "it's something to have fun with"
>Meanwhile, you lack the programming prowess to create your own OS, so you shit on a schizophrenic guy who did
I don't
I don't even have anything against Terry, just his retarded fans

>Toy OSes are useless
What a dumb statement. Unix started as a toy OS. So is linux. So is minix. They are all used in commerical systems now. Toy OSes are for experimenting new ideas. You guys are just too stupid to write a kernel or compiler and instead of admitting that you undermine them.

>Toy OSes are for experimenting new ideas
That'd be a research OS. Terrys is just a toy because it doesn't do anything new, nor was it designed to, it's just a simpler version of what already exists

>opens video
>skips to 0:15
>"I was chosen by god"
>hm ok
>skips to 1:30
>"pretty niggerlicious"
who is this man??

>It does nothing useful, by design
Just shut the fuck up already. It was designed with an eye toward the Commodore64, a machine built for education and recreational programming. That makes it very useful for what it's designed for. TempleOS is designed so that the user can see and modify every line of code in the OS, giving that user the opportunity to gain a complete understanding of how TempleOS works and maybe even enable him to build his own. That's not "useless." Stop being so willfully stupid.

Dude did you even watch a video of terry using templeOS?

The shell compiles and runs HolyC directly, .z files are compressed transparently, you can literally add 3D mash to text files. There are shittons of novelties in it. It's the craziest shit I have ever seen.

He says "it was designed for recreational programming" which really just means that he's just fucking around and doesn't have a design goal. You can do "recreational programming" anywhere. The fact that it's open source doesn't make it any more useful than all the other hobbyist open source OSes out there. Or you can even study a real-world open source OS like Linux

A schizophrenic genius who built an entire OS from scratch with the idea that it was meant to be God's third temple. Whether or not you believe God really talked to him, it's pretty monumental to make your own OS complete with kernel, compiler, updated version of the C programming language, editor and various other tools and games. Jow Forums idolizes him for obvious reasons.

>It's the craziest shit I have ever seen.
That's because you're not a programmer

I am. Also a compiler programmer and I have written a hobby kernel almost 10 years ago. That's why I appreciate him.

A) It's not open-source. It's public domain. The fact that you don't know the difference speaks volumes about you.

B) You seem to be one of those that consider GNU/Linux "hobbyist OSes," which also speaks volumes about you. Fucking shill.

C) He also had simplicity as a goal, which he achieved. He packed a full OS in less than 2MB, smaller even than the modern GRUB bootloader. In a world where Microsoft vomits out operating systems with millions of lines of code, that is an achievement.

D) I'm still waiting for you to post your contribution to computing, genius.

If you were then you'd know that the shit he is doing is basic stuff

I just said Linux was a real-world OS
Why would I publically identify myself on Jow Forums?

>Why would I publically identify myself on Jow Forums?

I didn't ask you to do that. Are you telling me that you authored a piece of software so well-known that mentioning it would enable us to find you?

CIA nigger detected

>that the shit he is doing is basic stuff
If creating a language and compiler that compiles itself and a whole operating system is basic stuff then please enlighten as what is advanced stuff?

I have but I don't see how it's relevant to the discussion
The point of anonymous forums is that you're judged based on what you say not who you are

Having a text editor that renders a 3D mesh is basic. The project itself isn't basic and I'm not shitting on Terrys skills, just saying it just doesn't really have a use or purpose outside of being a toy and you faggots should stop saying he has 'divine intellect'

What an interesting fellow. rip terry

Ima be honest doing anything while having schizophrenia is pretty impressive.

I think he didn't start losing his functionality until after releasing sparrowOS

schizo degens shouldnt be praised

You keep saying things are "basic" like you possess his intellect. You don't get to make claims like that without proof, anonymous or not. Especially not when we have an army of programmers on this board and nobody besides you is acting like creating an entire OS is "basic."

Yo, Jerry smoked joints on stream?

you don t even know to wrtie an OS CIANIGGER. give me your adress, i m gonna run you over while you glow

I said the features the guy was impressed by were basic

what's not basic to you

>trying to censor outlets of fun that are inherently harmless to one's health just because you don't enjoy it
immature retard detected

Terry posting since his death has become harmful to the mental health of this board