Convert Video To Sheet Music?

Hey Jow Forums, so I have a question. Is there any software out there currently that takes in video files and can spit out sheet music? I'm learning piano right now, and I'll watch synthesia videos where they have the keys on screen.

youtube.com/watch?v=iddFrfC0YoU

If there isn't a project, could someone point me in the direction to make this myself? I'm curious as to how this could be done. Because everything that you need is in one of the videos to write the sheet music, it's just a pain.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

piano-scribe.glitch.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What? The videos are made using midis, download midi, convert midi to sheet music or hook a computer to your piano and use synthesia too.

See if the song has MIDI files

I know midi exists, but there are some songs that don't have the midi files available and I have an old piano, it's not electric.

If there is a synthesia video of the song, a midi absolutely exists.

here's how i would do it
first turn the video into one long ass image by taking screenshots at regular intervals and cropping and stitching them together. this can probably be done with ffmpeg and imagemagick.
then find the x coordinates of the center of each key. now for each key you need to go in a straight line and find continuous blocks of green/blue pixels. just use any programming language and some image library.

Ok, that makes sense, and the timing could be done pretty easy since you know what rate the images would be at.

>there are some songs that don't have the midi files available and I have an old piano, it's not electric.
1: synthesia literally uses midi files; literally every synthesia stepping is based on midi
2: buy a midi controller or keyboard even if its just some dumb bullshit its better for importing shit like that

these people are retarded. if you want to make it you need to process the video, map the key spaces to a note and notate it to midi based on the keys being hit

the exact midis used in a video aren't necessarily publicly available though.
but if it is you could just use musescore to make sheet music from it

Everyone here is retarded and over complicating things. Just write a machine learning algorithm that produces notes and plays them back in Synthesia until it replicates it all 100%.

Download the video, demux the audio and throw it into an audio -> MIDI converter. Ableton has a pretty decent algorithm, but there are better standalone software solutions out there for conversion. Once you have the MIDI data you can throw it into Musescore to produce sheet music.

the video description has a link to the midi file

my idea would be a day at most. less if you make it in java

how well does ableton handle multiple notes at once?

audio to midi converters suck. the best i have found so far was anthemscore. might be worth a try for simple piano pieces though.

Fairly well, the algorithms they use are generally meant for electronic music but I've had good results with instrumental, it converts harmonies, melodies and percussion separately. It's not usually exact, so you'll need to touch up the MIDI data in its sequencer yourself.

thats cool, was it a new feature in 10 or was it in 9? havent used 10 yet, and that said my workflow doesnt really use a proper daw anymore

i considered that, but it's complicated by the fact that the keys at the bottom don't react to every press (see the parts where keys are released and pressed again very quickly)
that, and the video is only 30fps, how accurate is each key press going to be?

It's in 9, just throw an audio file onto a midi track with an instrument like operator loaded onto it and you'll get the conversion dialogue where you can choose harmony, melodies or percussion. It handles percussion exceptionally well, I used to use it to get grooves from drum loops.

you could map the frequencies to keyzones and do an audio analysis instead, youd have the exact sounds so youd be able to get it perfect. i havent worked too much with audio processing like this however

convert it to mp3 and run in through
>piano-scribe.glitch.me/
and you'll get a usable midi

>>>/sqg/
normally dont call someone out for asking stupid tech shit, but you clearly did absolutely zero research before asking this question