Ctrl + B for the most common shortcut you need

>Ctrl + B for the most common shortcut you need
What were they thinking?

Attached: tmux.png (1280x337, 20K)

Don't know.
I only use tmux to detach from my christian minecraft server so I don't get SSH timeout and rek the server.

Attached: pooh.jpg (680x466, 44K)

I believe it's because when tmux was new a lot of people were still using screen sessions within tmux, so ^B was chosen to prevent confusion with ^A. Pretty much the first line of the example config is how to remap this back to ^A.

Attached: DsYrhdvXQAAqzkT.jpg (1024x576, 78K)

>what is a service
>what is docker

>thinking
that's the first mistake with Linux projects

all the good ones were already taken

ever run the command with an ampersand (&) at the end? or configure the minecraft server as a service?

Attached: 1548054372441.gif (149x181, 836K)

>many combinations of number of prefixes+various C-?/M-?/? keys
vs
>one single prefix plus mostly one simple plain key
They probably thought
>lets not completely fuck this up like GNU

yeah but why is it across the entire keyboard. I can't press it with one hand alone

tits or gtfo

>If we make the shortcut awful enough maybe the retards at Jow Forums can get it into their thick skulls that it is in fact OK to actually configure their shit
Sadly it didn't work, Jow Forums is after all full of retards running stock vi because it's le unix standard for remoting

set -g prefix C-a
set -g base-index 1
setw -g pane-base-index 1

tmux is totally unnecessary when working locally if you are already using a tiling window manager.
It's still handy for SSH sessions, though.

>rice out tmux config
>become really fast at tmux
>ssh into remote server
>suddenly can't do anything because you don't have your dot files
>look like a retard and get fired on the spot

If you're going to learn something, you better learn the defaults. Tmux has shit defaults

Outside of sysadmin work this never happens. Sysadmins are the only people allowed to use this (in my opinion flimsy) excuse, but that doesn't excuse the unemployed NEETs that make up Jow Forums

Attached: my-wrists.jpg (845x320, 45K)

The real reason will shock you
[spoiler]The default key is C-b because the prototype of tmux was originally developed inside screen and C-b was chosen not to clash with the screen meta key.[/spoiler]

>[spoiler]
well fuck

Christ that's retarded

can't press ctrl+b with one hand, what are you? a girl?

Because c-a is used in readline to jump to the start of the line. Not that c-b is much better, real hackers use c-g.

What is there to rice in Tmux? Your prefix key? Some copy and paste shit? Vi mode? Mouse mode? Change the index from 0 to 1 because the people who made Tmux are retarded?

Most people who use Tmux are just using it as a splitter and multiplexer, which can be done via C+b (window index) with splitting done by C+% or C+".

It's pretty apparent that you have never used Tmux, faggot. What's even funnier is that you can get all the default keybindings with C+?.

In defense of C-b, it doesn't get in the way of other keybindings.