SSD price droppings

Will there soon be 1TB SSDs for very low price (compared to prices 2 years ago) when 20TB HDDs hit the market?

NOBODY will buy 1TB to 2TB HDDs soon so HDD manufacturers have no choice but to pump out even larger drives. Technology probably has existed for quite some time but there was no pressure to manufacture 20TB drives until now.

Attached: Adata-Ultimate-SU650-120GB-SSD.jpg (620x390, 22K)

Why would SSD prices be affected by HDDs

Huh?

its the other way around

uhh?

1TB ssds are already as low as 130€ here. Definitely going to drop below 100€ at the next Black Friday, or even before.

Should be talking about the price of fucking DDR4 RAM, considering HBM2 and DDR6 are a fucking thing.

DDR4 going down in price this year

I don't even have spinning rust anymore. Decent speed/IOPS SSDs have been so cheap for the whole of 2018 already, all my local storage is SSD, that's several TB.

Haven't heard that for the past 4 years

OP, you have to be 18 on this board to speculate about future relative hardware market price trends

crucial mx500 1tb sold for 80 merkelcuckbux this last BF, fucking missed it.

What? 80eur? Where?

in late november 2018.

Attached: 85cuckbux.png (1807x820, 49K)

I bought 4

Attached: IMG_20190120_061818.jpg (2000x1500, 2.93M)

At this point when buying a new laptop I would probably be better off buying the SSD separate.

Never owned an SSD , since I have to build a new gaming computer anyway it might actually be a nice thing to consider now with the prices. Maybe I don't need 1tb , but what's like the "ideal" size? Do you all just mostly put the os on it or should stuff like games and software also go on there?

Large SSDs become cheap -> 1-2TB HDDs are no longer worth the money -> HDD manufacturers need to make bigger drives to stay relevant

All the cheap SSD's are QLC.

QLC is trash and has terrible performance, which is why most of those drives also have some faster NAND added to it so the performance stays the same, at least for 30GB of sustained writes.

After 30GB the performance will tank. Max of 150TB to 200TB of writes for 1TB drives.

>still no 6TB consumer SSD

RAID0 several NVMe SSDs together on a PCIe card.

But SSD isn't proper for storage AFAIK, since it has a limited number of overwrites

Fug, that was one hell of a deal. I'm in the market for a 1TB SSD, and the MX500 is great. I hoped that the new Samsung QLC would be cheaper, but for now they're more expensive with worse performance.

you can already get 1tb ssds for like
£150 which is insane. 3d nand is blessed

you put the os there
and the games that benefit from ssd are mostly MMOs

Spinning rust will expload before you exhaust your writes on any decent drive.

is this the best SSD after the Samsung SSDs?
Kingston etc shit isnt even worth buying

Ah so then it's not really "required" to have it real big then. Like again I ask what's the current "ideal" size or average size people get? Also I see there's multiple ways to actually plug these in it isn't just sata like normal hds Can this be explained a bit more? It'll be quite a while til I can actually build this thing (lucky to have an old thing for basic stuff sucks that the gaming pc died I've had it a very long time )

will Seagate be the only ones releasing 20TB?

>1tb ssds for like
>£150 which is insane. 3d nand is blessed
enjoy your 3TBW lifespan lmao

Im pretty sure there are some class action lawsuits about anti-consumer ram pricing schemes.

Attached: 1548042991312.jpg (1450x2182, 396K)

yes.

would you like to buy a Seagate drive?

I bought an 860 evo 500 gb ssd for like 80 bucks. When i finally do a full upgrade ill definitely at least get the 1 tb version, which right now is like ~$140.

how is it to not be poor?

250gb is fine for your os
you have the ones you connect to a sata port and then the m.2 which you screw directly in the motherboard no need for cables

samsung pro series
samsung 850
crucial mx500
samsung 860
adata xpg

Are the m.2 ones more expensive? Any ssd would be a big upgrade for me in speed so I dunno if it would justify the price. I'm fine with sata if that's all I can do.

uwu is that a gnexus?