In-Ear Monitors General: Nominees for IEM of the Year award 2018 edition

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

What's your nomination for the IEM of the Year Award 2018? Will be creating a poll in the next general from the nominees listed here.

Attached: TFZ-New-QUEEN-Metal-IEM.jpg (800x800, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/headphones/reviews/tin-audio/t2
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson–Nyquist_noise
innerfidelity.com/images/ShureSE215.pdf
audiobudget.com/product/TinHiFi/T2
te.com/commerce/DocumentDelivery/DDEController?Action=srchrtrv&DocNm=1307191_MMCX_Connectors&DocType=CS&DocLang=English&DocFilename=ENG_CS_1307191_MMCX_Connectors_0307.pdf
alliedelec.com/m/d/041c7cb46f3d50a0113de9473d1d4144.pdf
aliexpress.com/item/24pcs-12-pair-T400-4-9mm-headphones-memory-foam-tips-ANJIRUI-original-foam-tips-T500-ear/32887287874.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>$50
>burgerland
>wired
>any
>flat
>none
What do I get, friends?

Hifiman RE-400

I think re400 is just too "harsh" for your first time iem.
Consider iem with more bass and warmness to balance it, like final decision series.

e series?
should i use crossover with harman tuned iem?

>85 quid
>see currency above
>wired
>don't care
>i like my grado sr80 so whatever that is, think pretty flat
>none

i just want to listen to music in the office, obviously can't with the fucking grados being all open

Grado make iem too right?

Why would you put a monitor in your ear? Your ears cant see.

they're fucking expensive though, way over 85 quid iirc

Redpill me on the Creative Super X-Fi. It's a dongle that supposedly provides "amazing" and "magical" sound by mapping a physical profile of your ears and shit.

Attached: Creative-Super-X-fi.jpg (970x728, 65K)

The dsp is a gimmick, the dac is great.

buying guide when/where

Also any recommendations for android player with crossover capability? Other than neutron.
Just ask what you want/need.

Is it worth the $150 though? Doesn't seem like a normie market product to me.

It's niche market

is it normal that when listening to my T2s from my smartphone I have to turn the volume up 50% more than I had to with my older IEMs? Both are supposed to have 16ohm impendance.

I am afraid I have them inserted too shallow and do the sound could be distorted in other ways

It's normal.
>Both are supposed to have 16ohm impendance.
Your older iem is more sensitive.

When mine come in I'll be doing some measurements but I wouldn't be surprised if the 16 ohm number is high. Single dynamic driver buds are often in the 16-32 ohm range. Putting two in parallel would lower the impedance.

Who buys these things? While it's not a mass market product, I can't imagine forum-posting audiophiles to be too attracted by it either.

If everyone here sings praises of the T2 why does no one actually share useful information about it?

rtings.com/headphones/reviews/tin-audio/t2

This is your daily reminder that "subjective" reviews are liberal arts majors convincing each other that they know more than absolutely nothing about how things work.

Compile subjective impressions.
Get an generalized idea how such a product sounds.
Use measurements to confirm it.

Also not everybody can read graphs.

>$50
>Serbia
>Could be wired or wireless, but I guess wired since that is less expensive
>Anything
>I don't know what that is. I mostly listen to classic rock, deep purple, rainbow, black sabbath
>None. I had some random sony earbuds I bought for $20, they served me well for 4 years but I washed them like 3 times in my tracksuit on accident and they sound a little bit worse, but are still working.
Please help!

My first iem after upgrading from earbuds was the ER6i back in 2006. He'll be fine.

IIRC I upgraded to the ER4P after the cable shat itself.

Crescent for balanced sound.
Final e2000 or 3000 for warm and dynamic sound.
T2 if you like some brightness.

>Serbia
>tracksuit
it checks out

>In-Ear Monitors
Is this for music production?
I need this.

Some are for musicians so they can still hear what they're playing while not wrecking their hearing.

checked

ok I'll give my two cents (which I haven't seen on any reddit already)

sometimes they sound very sharp and piercing, especially high pitched female fricatives and some cymbals. Perhaps it is just a personal feeling or I was used to more basshead earphones, but in the meantime I am trying different eartips and insertion methods

concerning eartips - the earphone end 'tube' is slightly larger than usual, so (for example) my spin-fits do not fit at all. Most of foam tips do after some effort, but still I can't insert them as deep as I am able with other IEMs

the cable is really weird, it has this transparent bead which is supposed to adjust the V shape, but it doesn't stay in place and is more of a nuisance. The jack is unnecessarily long and while on photos it look premium, IRL it feels very cheap.

other than that they sound good

Insertion affects performance a lot. I like RTINGs because they don’t skimp on details (I really like the inclusion of group delay) and are consistent so apples to apples comparisons of different models is easy.

The T2 seem really impressive for the price. The shrill you hear is likely that resonance (peak in the frequency response). Overall the FR is flat, the very lows are there, and the very highs are at least present. The group delay is very low and it’s impressive for a two way system. Almost too impressive. No passivr passover should have a group delay that flat. I wonder if the two drivers aren’t just hooked up in parallel with no crossover. Regardless you can’t argue with the results. It’s hard to understand why someone would spend $100 on comparable IEMs. Diminishing returns are already hit by the time you try to leave chifi.

All that said I also ordered the GT600S massdrop and I want to see how a hybrid chifi iem compares to a dual dynamic. Maybe some of the issues with the highs are solved by using a BA and a crossover. I have concerns about the group delay spike from the crossover. If it stays below the audibility threshold I’d be very impressed.

i pulled the trigger on the earnine en-120
how did i do?

Then I need this doubly. Nearly burst my ear at the last gig I saw.

>saw

Just buy earplugs my dude.

Also custom earplugs and IEMs are gucci for people who play a lot of music.

There are times where I just put on my CIEMs and not play any music. It works when you still need to hear something from outside like train announcements.

Status Audio IEM2X

Attached: SmartSelect_20190119-111249_Bromite.jpg (1401x1654, 210K)

Good upgrade from gr07? I was told Andromeda is the only real upgrade.

Can you guys stop making this autistic thread? You're removing a loli thread every time you do and it's pathetic.

Opinion on Soundmagic?

I hate my Tin audio T2 for this I literally have to put my phone at 80% of its volume capacity to actually get a good sound out of them. Sucks.

Should i get moondrop crescents or sony mh1s? looking for neutral sound in that price range.

What’s your opinion on the KZ ZS7?

Attached: 5392DECC-6D3A-41DA-BF52-A3EB8747D365.jpg (1653x1652, 971K)

CRINGE

Attached: t2-design-3-large.jpg (3840x2160, 1.42M)

is this general dead?

Namefag killed it with his constant autistic screeching.

cut my ears and the nozzle fell off of both buds. Sounded alright for their $

> What’s your opinion on the KZ ZS7?
its really fucking shit and KZ can go fuck themselves

look at this fucking picture. 4 balanced armatures for the mids and highs and 1 dynamic for everything else. I have no idea why they would want to split the spectrum up in that way. It seems like their design philosophy is driven by marketing saying "MORE BA DRIVERS" and very little tuning.

at the moment on ali its AU $62 and that is ridiculous.

Attached: 320498ce-fa05-44a8-b921-a1595b3f5e70.jpg (892x686, 56K)

Go drink some bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking failed abortion.

no we are just waking up

um there were ZERO namefags in this thread up until now sweety

also in other news [pic related] im really interested to see if these MH755 can walk the walk after all the talk talk on here ;)

Attached: d9d84a99-b2de-450a-990f-7b98cbb8368f.jpg (649x543, 74K)

anyone here own the super cheap TRN V20 ?

Attached: a79bb505-d907-4f19-ab25-e7478ed0a7ad.jpg (949x659, 40K)

Attached: 1499451892572.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

100% accurate
amazing

I was going to get them, but ended up ordering the CCA C10 instead. Probably got memed anyway but I’ll let Jow Forums know once they arrived

Attached: 74439787-5D3A-4676-939E-8E790A0473DF.jpg (500x500, 29K)

Let's try this again.
>Your Budget
$100
>Your Location
Canada
>Wired/wireless
Wired with MMCX connector
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
Any
>Sound signature
Not bright/harsh/sibilant
>Past IEMs
Monster Turbine Pro Copper, JVC HA-FXT90

>Probably got memed anyway

YIKES THATS AFFIRMATIVE

[pic related] WUT DA FUK

Attached: 643728da-286e-4111-a84e-b685be0e8814.jpg (936x666, 123K)

moondrop crescent

€100
europoor
wired
any
flat
none

not any decent bassy mmcx in the 100 sphere friendo and most chi-fi is bright/harsh/sibilant

and the vsonic GR07 mmcx version i was thinking of suggesting is a bit more expensive than i thought :/

Attached: 739b95f2-f273-42f0-9ea9-6f699c919737.png (800x498, 452K)

You may want to check the earholes from the mh755. I bought from the same seller and the black foam? is missing from mine.

you mean the mesh / screen / filter on the front port ???

> (You)
>you mean the mesh / screen / filter on the front port ???

The black mesh yes. I both another pair oversea and it didn't have that problem. DESU didn't seem to make a difference in sound quality. Both earphones have hiss at low volume for anything but music but I think its just my shitty mediatek phone.

kek earphones dont hiss. electronic amplifiers do silly.

Attached: tant.png (567x709, 1M)

>is a tripfag
>says something wrong

Pick two everytime (You) post.

that's a namefag and hissing does come from the source

Hiss is high frequency distortion. It can can come from shitty physical channels or a high noise floor.

Would upping the budget to $200 help? I can buy used if it will still cost more than that. I can't believe there not a single iem with mmcx connector that is not bright.

> he doesnt know about Johnson Nyquist noise
> is a Johnson
POTTERY

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson–Nyquist_noise

thanks bud

so what are you saying ? are you really sensitive to treble ? do you like a v-shsaped sound or not ?

sounds to me you might like some of the harman curve / disffuse field tuned memes like the Moondrops. I dont have any experience with them so i cant help you but there is another user here that should pick up the baton.

Attached: 220px-JohnsonNoiseEquivalentCircuits.svg.png (220x272, 15K)

tfw no qt 3.14 nerd gf

>doesn’t know about johnson noise

literally sitting here with an MSEE/specialty in communications

/hpg/ boomer in a nutshell.

Kinda. I have an HD650 as my main headphones. Anything that sounds like that but in iem form with mmcx connector?

Those things break if you just look at them the wrong way.

sennheiser truly wireless any good?

My nomination: BGVP DM6

Attached: 61nJDyYWyYL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 15K)

Hello, I recently bought tin audio t2 and the included cable keeps falling out, so i buy a new MMCX? cable, and that cable keeps falling out as well, i will plug in the little small mmcx cable in and hear a small click but if i pull it with no force whatsoever, it pops out. What am i doing wrong? How do you properly connect mmcx cables, i thought you just plug them in and good to go? i cant find any tutorials on how to plug them in, theyre so loose i lean my head back and the connectors fall out. Pls help

Attached: fN4izKYzTb2B3vAAzy5w_363A7854.jpg (955x637, 36K)

Stop plugging/unplugging. MMCX are only rated for 100-500 mating cycles.

i plugged it in originally (both cables) and when i went to put my head up with the cables, they flew out, i feel like im doing something wrong with plugging them in

if they're fully inserted and look like the pic you posted and are still lose then you have a faulty connector

sorry, i dont think it really looks like that at all, with either of my mmcx cables. Maybe im plugging it in wrong? is there some kind of way to line it up or some type of technique?

Are you trying to insert them with all your strength? I also thought mine were defective but I was just too afraid to push them hard. You really have to put a lot of force if you want them to get connected like they’re supposed to

Anyone?

im looking into the er3xr. anyone recommend these or similar? The xr version comes with a bit more bass

Attached: Etymotic-ER3XR1.jpg (2240x1260, 1.66M)

The sonys sound great but the cable is terrible. Never heard the crescents myself.

I think I found one:
innerfidelity.com/images/ShureSE215.pdf

you might have a damaged / defective mmcx socket if you genuinely tried another cable and it still doesnt engage

>MMCX are only rated for 100-500 mating cycles.
the manufacturer data sheets i read clearly state they are rated for 5000 cycles.

alot of senheiser can owners tend to own etymotics i think they are what you want you want. If you want harman though you just have to try the Sony MH755 meme they are so ridiculously cheap.

i am yet to hear them myself but i would go moondrop crescent over the sorny

> er3xr
i heard the er3 was the worst of the bunch :/ DULL

Attached: mmcx magic.png (788x630, 45K)

if not er3 would the 1more triple driver be a better experience?

>$50
>USA #1
>Wired
>I don't really care
>My main pair of headphones is a Grado SR325i. So something similar or something flat

Ty

No idea lost count of all the Recs. The one more is old does not represent value anymore don't bother with it

Jesus Christ I know a Gradofag when I see one. You want 100% the Tin Audio T2. It's Gradio in IEM form.

audiobudget.com/product/TinHiFi/T2

no

I think you are a moron and a fag Zishan fag but I have to admit you made a good rec.
Those foam tips you shilled are much better than every other chink too I tried. They are cheap, have an actual color and size selection are cheap and most of all of much better quality than the other ones. The material is much closer to comply tips and the hold up better in the long run. They even come in a neat box. 10/10 faggot.

>You want 100% the Tin Audio T2
>extra detail/bright
check
>rolled of bass with silicone eartips
check
but im not sure about the 2khz boost.

Given you have shat on everything I like so far, I wonder what your thoughts on dunu falcon C are?

what's superlux 662f/668 equivelant of earbuds? >cheap
>good/accurate sound quality
>chinese made so no high expectations on build quality but doesn't break after a year either

Great if you love neutral and extended bass.

>5000 cycles
I’ll believe it when I see it.

te.com/commerce/DocumentDelivery/DDEController?Action=srchrtrv&DocNm=1307191_MMCX_Connectors&DocType=CS&DocLang=English&DocFilename=ENG_CS_1307191_MMCX_Connectors_0307.pdf

alliedelec.com/m/d/041c7cb46f3d50a0113de9473d1d4144.pdf

Why do you keep linking this useless review that suggests a bad mod? Like the unmoded FR is clearly a bad seal and has nothing to do with the front vents. Start linking the RTINGs review instead. It has all the same subjective impressions without as many of the biases this audiobudget guy suffers from.

she thicc

couple of days ago I've recieved revonext QT2 and I absolutely adore the sound they make, just one little thing they are really quiet. anyone has any idea/guide on how to fix it?

also out of curiousity what is the difference between QT2 and QT2S? is it only the cable and colour choice?

Attached: Naxatras - II - cover.png (1400x1400, 3.34M)

glad you got them mate. they were a suprise find when i realized just what a rip-of foam tips were being sold for. fastest shipping from that store too. i have 4 sets of iems and having a box of 24 t500 black is a life saver.

Attached: IMG_7154.jpg (3264x2448, 1.14M)

oh and link for BASED FOAM TIPS

aliexpress.com/item/24pcs-12-pair-T400-4-9mm-headphones-memory-foam-tips-ANJIRUI-original-foam-tips-T500-ear/32887287874.html

more power! get an amplifier and pay attention to sensitivity ratings next time if you want to drive headphones out of a phone or whatever

Who's the kike that told me to get comply t-400 tips for TRN V80? Please kill yourself