Post basic OS features Lincucks still don't have access to in fucking 2019

Attached: mouse03.gif (404x448, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.kde.org/KWin/Wayland
youtube.com/watch?v=gyJQKcZ35zM
youtu.be/pvjSNoGL1-g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is unironically why i dont use linux

Well, I use PajeetShit Windows 10 and I don't get access to my data after an update.
>Really makes you think.

This is precisely why I went back to windows 7. My latitudes need some fine tuning for proper trackpoint sensitivity / acceleration speed. Can’t do it under Linux.

?

Attached: Screenshot.png (569x358, 28K)

no cursor trail, heh

Came here to post this. Faggot OP BTFO

doesn't come with a base linux install

>their OS doesn't hold them hostage when they push updates
>lincux btfo

Attached: 9CBADCFF-F596-4E2C-B7EB-F7D1A9AA0EB9.png (1806x1072, 59K)

neither does spyware

Group Policy Editor.
Oh wait, you can't access that unless you pay the extra 100 dollars or so for the "pro version", meaning that you basically can't modify any of the advanced settings of your OS.

Attached: 1541409636200.jpg (580x548, 34K)

>their OS doesn't affix a watermark and charge money to remove it

Attached: 5EBEBBB3-10EC-4912-BBCC-7045B5372E97.jpg (960x540, 57K)

>their OS doesn't force them to guzzle cum to pay for the basic required tools for your OS

This. Windows likes to fuck it's customers in the ass with this shit.
And it was going so well with the linux subsystem addition.

Can you do it in windows 10 though?

>their OS doesn't ship with bloatware then reinstall it every time it updates, which is mandatory

Attached: DDDD58E1-5C5A-4875-8F3E-DD466DD27429.jpg (932x500, 139K)

Based and trailpilled

Attached: MTRAILS.gif (234x162, 3K)

Ah yes, another thread for Pajeets to come and spread their shilling. Here's a rupee to divide amongst yourselves. Try harder next time.

u can't disable acceleration in linux u have to fiddle around config files or use xset it's bullshit.

It's greyed out on my PC. Kubuntu 18.10.

logo logo logo logo logo logo
logo logo LOGO logo logo
logo logo logo logo logo logo

>built in advertising
>half RAM usage on an empty desktop

It's getting so bad that normalfags are becoming irritated with it though.
We do need more large competitive commercial OS providers other than windows or apple.

Y-you don't need that anyway!

I don’t use Windows 10, so I wouldn’t know.

Attached: file picker with thumbnails.png (728x598, 183K)

>implying you do

>their OS doesn't delete their files and their backups on a routine (mandatory) update and also install an incorrect display driver

Attached: FEDB071B-0114-480C-A848-C9FA76DA7423.jpg (831x1998, 591K)

>doesn't come with a base linux install
Xorg doesn't even come with most base system (headless) installations (which is done for servers and embedded shit anyways). But that control panel is part of KDE. Install Kubuntu or something and it'll come with it out of the box.

KDE/Chromium can do this. Stop using Gaynome/Faggotfox.

Attached: r_1578772_VbG6J.jpg (594x965, 51K)

That's literally what the flat profile is , retard

>adjust pointer speed
>does nothing
is this because my mouse is ps/2?

why the fuck is it so difficult to disable mouse acceleration in Linux? mouse settings is one if the few things that windows is far superior in.

Meh that only happened one time to only a few people. It's like hating linux because of that rm -rf /dev /sda..... thing.
Actually that hasn't been the case for years.

>2019
>unironically still using Wincrap

>everyone I don't like is a shill
Stfu retard

Attached: 2547842501744.jpg (325x325, 17K)

But I don't want shitty as KDE. I prefer gnome.

> is shitty
>I prefer

It's not objectively superior, I hate how KDE looks. If it's not on default Ubuntu, I don't care about it.

Except that the rm -rf command needs to be explicitly input in a terminal, with root access, as opposed to the update, that will fuck your shit regardless of your (lack of) approval

>their OS isn't glowing from its backdoor
Please don't lie to me, I have used windows recently enough and know that it is still the case.
And having a _forced_ update break your shit is much different than deliberately typing a command (which actually does nothing)

Attached: 8A4DD710-4DEE-4F0C-8D16-257ACD0FB387.jpg (1242x1684, 970K)

Not him but KDE is objectively slower. I'm a game developer and my game works flawlessly on every distro I try. Then I tried it on KDE and it skips frames. Yes I installed the proper drivers. Yes I tested it on multiple machines.

I don't know what the fuck it is but KDE seems to render shit about 20% slower than any other OS I've tried.

And note that I'm not shitting on KDE on the whole, it's not a bad distro, but it is fucking slow, whatever the reason might be.

Do you not remember what I'm talking about? It was an app that had a misplaced whitespace. Linux just gladly owns itself, brilliant engineering choice.
>used recently enough
I am using windows right now and have 0 ads or crapware.
>break your shit
Again ,happened once to a few people. Linux has had and has worse.

u can't get proper raw input in linux even with config files u moron, u will still get negative acceleration with "flat" setting.

Again, this is now a mess in Win10. Libraries fucking everywhere.
Used to be just one location, but now the library apparently has portals to new dimensions so you can't be sure where you're saving your shit or where you actually are on your computer.

Does KDE have a wayland variant yet?

I this the designated wangblows cope thread?

>KDE/Chromium can do this. Stop using Gaynome/Faggotfox.
>But I don't want shitty as KDE. I prefer gnome.
>> is shitty
>>I prefer
>It's not objectively superior, I hate how KDE looks. If it's not on default Ubuntu, I don't care about it.
>Not him but KDE is objectively slower. I'm a game developer and my game works flawlessly on every distro I try. Then I tried it on KDE and it skips frames. Yes I installed the proper drivers. Yes I tested it on multiple machines.
>
>I don't know what the fuck it is but KDE seems to render shit about 20% slower than any other OS I've tried.
>
>And note that I'm not shitting on KDE on the whole, it's not a bad distro, but it is fucking slow, whatever the reason might be.

LINUX BTFO

Attached: anime girl laughing.png (500x280, 130K)

>it's bad because of looks
Change the theme, retard.

community.kde.org/KWin/Wayland

Go back to /a/ you fucking nigger.

Attached: d4d.jpg (341x450, 33K)

>Change the theme
There are no good KDE themes and I'm not wasting more than 2 minutes configuring it.

No, this is the designated wangblows users being pissed off that they're being forced away from it by the sheer insanity of modern wangblows.
They're dicking older users in the ass.

>removing the pin is the same as uninstalling software
Do me a favor: post the powershell output of Get-AppxPackage -Name king.com.CandyCrushSaga
Doesn't count if you're on the dying win7
>happened once
What I posted earlier was 2018. This one is 2009!

Attached: 48785C2A-83F6-40D2-9A06-5865BF4E59A9.jpg (932x2052, 915K)

>Go back to /a/ you fucking nigger.
never watched any anime in my life

LINUX BTFO!!!!!

Attached: 21-01-2019.png (667x599, 403K)

Of course, because a server which will never have a display or mouse connected to it doesn't need a GUI settings panel to change mouse settings.

>Scrolling speed

I'm not running arbitrary code on my machine but here.
>2009!
Meh, those were the days. He probably had a virus or something. I remember when in 2010, ubuntu wiped my windows partition.

Attached: Untitled.png (842x643, 38K)

Linux is a kernel

Attached: Screenshot_20190121_172749.png (1278x963, 207K)

The only thing that makes KDE look bad by default is the window borders. Change those to something you like that's all you need.

The command literally says what it does in plain english. You run enough arb code, you just don't know about it.
>virus
A virus called windows

OpenSUSE?

>dude you can just paste this command!
>wow terminal in 2019? linux sucks

>only thing
No, I actually hate the whole design principle. Gnome is nice and flat.
>borders
Gnome doesn't have this problem.
>you run enough arb code
No I don't. For one, I don't run open source apps written by amateurs.
>windows
How predictable.

Yeah, but before OpenSUSE I used Arch and I remember there was firefox with opensuse patches in AUR

>I actually hate the whole design principle
Maybe you just have shit taste.

>>borders
>Gnome doesn't have this problem.
Actually it does, and they're as thick as my big toe.

Only tutorial pajeets use those

>shit taste.
I'm the user and what I say goes. Most people prefer gnome and that's why ubuntu uses it.
>thick
What?
youtube.com/watch?v=gyJQKcZ35zM

filtered

>muh flat
>muh borders
then get a theme that looks good to you
this might me hard to comprehend for a gnome user, but KDE has an option to use custom themes

I'm not wasting more than 2 minutes on that and I don't like any themes I've browsed on the store (for 2 minutes).

youtu.be/pvjSNoGL1-g
Right because who wants to review the source code before running a program? I just like when it's closed and I can't see what it does.
>i don't run arb
You have no way of knowing.

this
fuckin acceleration drives me crazy, even if you disable it manually its still there
its almost if they made whole os to be interacted only with keyboard

>I'm the user and what I say goes.
You sound like a faggot.

>Most people prefer gnome and that's why ubuntu uses it.
Source: your ass. Even Linus Torvalds hates Gnome 3.

>thick
>What?
100 miles of wasted pixels thick.

Attached: 4JPs9.png (277x194, 7K)

>can't see what it does.
Okay how do I know you're competent enough to comment on my code and not just committing slander?
>of knowing.
I block most javascript and use software written by professionals. So far so good.

>lincuxs don't have an os that has a seizure whenever it has to format a bootable thumbdrive and forces the user to use their fucking phone to format the drive

Attached: 1548021617751.jpg (399x400, 13K)

>he didn't compile his entire os

>a faggot.
lol
>Even Linux
What do you mean "Even". Who cares about what he thinks?
>100 miles
It's a well balanced rectangle.

>I'm not running arbitrary code on my machine
>I'm not running this self-documenting and otherwise well-documented command on the protected shell that comes with my OS
so this is the power of Windows users

Attached: juulcat.jpg (734x741, 45K)

>"w-w-who cares what the creator of Linux thinks!"
Pure cope. Take your L and fuck off.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u10.jpg (550x393, 33K)

A FUCKING FOOT

Yes and? I can live without whatever point you tried to prove with that one liner.
Answer the question. Linus is an old dog and his entire career, however great, has been limited to just a kernel. Quit being a suck-up.

>Okay how do I know you're competent enough to comment on my code and not just committing slander?
What did he mean by this? You see the code that is the program and it is plainly visible if there is a malicious function. That's the whole point.
>the second part
It's funny you think that's enough. As we know, corps have no reason to track you or anything. They would never put a hidden function in software :^^^)

You know that your CPU runs arbitrary code called ‘Intel Management Engine’, right?

>2019
>people still don't know that you can use gtk themes on kde

Please use KDE guys

Attached: FAF76890-573A-4E3A-A8F5-B90CD75F0DC1.jpg (1024x576, 71K)

Linus has seen every major Linux interface since the 90s. He witnessed the birth of Gnome and KDE. His opinions matter more than yours, and he says Gnome 3 is shit. And I agree with him. The "design" is gay and stupid.

>see the code
Yes but how do I know I can trust you. How do I know you have any idea what you're talking about when you start spamming forums about 'bloat' or 'viruses'? I can't, you're just an amateur.
>track you
I literally don't mind. As far as their services are free.
I'm running an fx 6300 but okay.

Litterally thinking this is true.

>hey guys, don't use X OS, it's got niggers involved with it!
This is getting lame.

>witnessed
I witnessed them too. Linus and I have written the same amount of code for them as well.
He has not proven he understands anything beyond stringing together the right combination of dependencies to make software not crash. He has not proven he understands algorithms or the mathematics to prove them. He has not proven he can make client-facing code.
I respect him when it comes to linux, but outside it, he's a dog.

Hi GNOME devs.

Attached: 2019-01-21-105015_grim.png (971x114, 14K)

Jesus christ, I'm talking about an open source program. Not the output of a fucking powershell command.
Since you still fail to understand what it is, even though it is super basic and common, it looks for installed candy crush packages.
>but the store thingy says it's not installed
It's bullshit, I wanted you to realize that. I've been through this over and over with windows 10 bloat.
Why do you care about this but don't care if you're tracked?
It's just a DE

Stop lying on the internet.

Attached: tactical.jpg (924x502, 48K)

I didn't say I didn't understand it, I said I'm not running arbitrary code.
>It's bullshit,
Okay but why is it nowhere to be found on my disk?
>care about this
I don't. They can install fucking world of warcraft and the 10 expansions if they want, so long as it doesn't run in the background.
?

>It's just a DE
>don't use X OS mask, it's got niggers involved with it!
fixed.

post a screenshot with a Linux ui in charge of mouse and scroll acceleration

oh wait you cant
kys

Attached: 00cRb7P.jpg (500x319, 53K)

Is it possibly to make a standardised desktop environment for windows outside of microsoft without breaching the law?

Attached: animegrillperplexed.jpg (623x590, 40K)

You're not looking for it. It is hidden. That's my entire point.
>i'm not running arb code
You are right now and have been this whole time, but still don't get it.
Stay on windows friend
Do you mean explorer on non windows OS or a different DE on windows?

OP want this to be a discussion about features missing in linux. starts the thread by posting features that are present long time.
everyone else post flaws of windows that linux does not have.
anyone who posts anything that "linux does not have" get proven wrong on the next post.

Should have called this thread. Post something that linux has been long time but i dont know cause i am stupid

>It is hidden.
Ohhh. [whispering] I get it. The boogeyman.