/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: c3ea2909f9eb407b039a4a807cf1d252.jpg (850x701, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/6nla0a/incoherent_bullschiit_the_spurious_myth_of/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fixing-hum-buzz-issues-with-schiit-jotunheim-headphone-amplifier.3733/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6lnyd8/ama_request_nick_t_from_schiit_tech_support/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/96upjm/thinking_about_getting_the_schiit_lyr_3_convince/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9tzvog/psa_oops_lyr_3_did_it_again/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9b2bl7/are_my_thx00_broken/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

beyers

>spend hundreds on headphones
>have to "modify" them to sound good
dumb

beyerssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

why are the L300/L500 pads ported?

To nerf their headphones and to trick audiophools into buying the L700. Honestly, I say fuck STAX and get a HD800S which has better comfort, sound quality, construction and most importantly sound.

1) stax intentionally gimped it to make you want to upgrade
2) consumers like mid bass boosts
3) consumers might think stax farts are harmful
4) it was an accident from the pad adapters that stax designed and they continued with production regardless

pick one, no one knows which

lol fuck off I'm not buying a snapheiser

Enjoy your shit tier soundstage.

Are the Koss KSC75 really good or just a meme?
Is there any chance of one with a better cable coming?
And any other good alternatives?

>not ridiculously wide
>shit tier
I'll enjoy my superior fidelity

stax have bigger soundstage than most headphones including the rest of the sennheiser linup

They're really good for the price. Not amazing

>stax
>fidelity
k e k
it's colored af
>b-but muh low distortion
Audeze cans do it better.
Literally no reason to buy STAX in 2019. Dumb audiophools. Lets STAX die already, I don't know why Edifier is keeping them on their last legs.

I only have the SHP9500, so it should be enough for me.

Attached: sapphire.png (1581x543, 98K)

>paying twice as much as SRS-3100+L700 pads for a dynamic

If you're happy you're happy

Bye Sapphire

>no feet
OP. Where are my god damn feet?

Attached: 1548107952331.jpg (1078x1028, 80K)

>Audeze
nope

that's the tea

if you don't know where your feet are you should probably go to the hospital

I want to be as happy as possible.
But I guess I'll get the KSC75 for portability. I just wish the cable were better.

Anybody know of a leather earpad that fits the Pioneer se monitor 5? The default pleather ones are uncomfortable but they sound better than the more comfy velour pads that are included in the box.

Attached: 1548109959663.gif (500x281, 291K)

imagine being this obsessed over an anonymous poster

imagine posting the same thing for 4+ years

>Zoom zoom can't do a simple mod to enjoy a phenomenal sound L300 offers

Attached: 1548127284664.png (397x575, 122K)

imagine spending your life listening to snapphones and justifying your snappy purchases on Jow Forums for almost half a decade lmao
think about it, you can start a small business in 4 years. you can get a degree in 4 years. if that’s too much for you, you could become a grand master WoW raider with 4 years. but no, you decided to justify your purchases on Jow Forums LOL

Goodnight hpg hope you sleep well

Attached: 20190121_223749.jpg (4032x3024, 3.68M)

Sapphire on suicide watch lmfao

Attached: 1542676130678.jpg (1111x597, 379K)

It doesn't make sense, sapphire is a er4/hd600 shill, just a few weeks ago you were calling sapphire and nikita the same poster. You faggots will never know who's who because it's an anonymous image board. And the same could be said for yourself, if you're here for 4 years, you should really reevaluate your life.

you can always just post your setup

Attached: i came here to laugh at you.png (1870x1718, 2.29M)

lmao post your setup sapphy boy

>Budget
Around 500 USD
>Location
FL, USA
>Source
FiiO E10K DAC and O2 amp
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Must be comfortable for long sessions
>Sound signature
Prefer neutral if possible
>Past headphones
HD600 and a lot more.

Looking to upgrade from my HD600 and I want something that's relatively neutral. I tried some higher end headphones are they weren't what I wanted, namely:

HD660S: Sounded worse than the HD600 overall. Bass was muddy, highs were okay.

DT1990: Sounded too bright for my tastes.

HD800S: Too expensive and too bright IMO but not as bright as the DT1990.

Looking at STAX SRS-3100. What else are my options. I don't like strong treble, but I don't like muted treble either.

>What else are my options. I don't like strong treble, but I don't like muted treble either.
You already said it yourself, stax.

Are these any good?

Attached: 71Wjq1toUhL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1013, 114K)

people demo the srs-3100 without a seal and then think it's too bright. it's just lacking bass, modding fixes this. stax in general are more detailed while being sibilant free.

Wtf is this op? Put a kawaii girl there ffs. That all this thread is good for

WHERE ARE THE ANIME GIRL FEET?

I do not regret my SRS3100 at all. I do definitely recommend picking up the L700 pads too. I know they're expensive but it's worth it

>buying hd800s new

>buying sweaty jizzphones

Okay, so I've decided on the SRS-3100, I hope I aren't being memed. I will consider the pad swap later. Anyway, where do I buy them. And will they work on the American wall outlet?

wait does L700 make the stax fart/creak or not?

no but it may use the same adapters, i'm not sure. i've seen some people say the L700 pads were more difficult to attach. it could just be the pad design of the L700 that gets a proper seal, I don't know. the L700 pads do make a stax fart though

yo this shits gay af
i only come here for the cute anime girls

They are definitely harder to attach but they fit fine. Just be patient don't manhandle your gear while doing it.

stax fart literally does not matter. it’s not even a fart, more like a crinkle. either way you don’t notice it, it’s just an indicator if you have a seal.

Have a Sony STR-DH190 receiver and Schiit modi DAC, is it fine to use the receiver as a headphone amp for my HD650's?

Attached: lucoa think.jpg (639x640, 50K)

>schiit
OH NO NO NO NO NO

JDS OL DAC or Topping D30

This, somone already posted cute anime feet on the last thread... why you gotta make it gay OP?

>Budget
$275 or less
>Location
USA
>Source
PC, JDS Labs Atom and Schitt Modi 3
>Open or closed
either
>Comfort level
Comfort-oriented
>Sound signature
Not as bright as DT990 Pro so literally anything else
>Past headphones
Audio Technica AD700X, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

Nothing made in fucking Ireland lmao

>schiit
OH NO N O NO NO NO NO AHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

JDS Labs will not come broken like the topping and if there is anything wrong with it; you'll be speaking to Americans.
Also people report the OL Dac to measure pretty well despite just being an O2 Dac clone

Literally the only 100 dollar dac

HD598 or HD599

Whatever's from AKG at that price

What's wrong with the brand? I saw this online and like how it looks

Attached: vali2-front-1920.jpg (1920x1437, 129K)

Nope.

d30 is mostly better but has higher output impedance

You're thinking of the A30. The D30 is just a DAC.

>skimping out on like $30 to buy a turd
OH NO NO NO NO
>it looks good so it must be good
AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

oh right

>gives no argument
>gives no recommendations
You are what's wrong with /hpg/

Trash.

Literally the beyerdynamic of headphone amps.

I can tell you don't like it by your previous post but why? Genuine question as an outsider

>beyerdynamic
>not goat

No one is going to really give you a straight answer as all they are doing is parroting memes and being hip by trash talking Schiit whether or not a particular product is good or not

Well to be more straight about it their factory is near where I live so thought I'd pay a visit in person, they seem fine and have a nice aesthetic, and a return policy too

oh you want arguments? i’ll give you arguments
reddit.com/r/audiophile/comments/6nla0a/incoherent_bullschiit_the_spurious_myth_of/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fixing-hum-buzz-issues-with-schiit-jotunheim-headphone-amplifier.3733/

Many of their products are just poorly engineered. The Modi 3 and Magni 3 are okay, but I wouldn't buy anything from them without seeing measurements first.

Any sites that have those "measurements" I can use? They make em in California, can't be as bad as anything Chinese made.

See this post:

>return policy
ORLY?
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6lnyd8/ama_request_nick_t_from_schiit_tech_support/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/

do they have a return policy on blown headphones too? lmao
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/96upjm/thinking_about_getting_the_schiit_lyr_3_convince/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9tzvog/psa_oops_lyr_3_did_it_again/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/9b2bl7/are_my_thx00_broken/

>Schiit is bad because it measures like shit
>yet somehow headphones like the DT1990 get a free pass
sasuga /hpg/

Terrible customer service and quality control, honestly. I used to buy their stuff but not anymore.

sapphire, signals are easy to quantify. the human hearing is not.

Yeah, I didn't like them and can't seem to sell them locally.

only beyer we like is the DT Tranny Milk :^)

>have a nice aesthetic
you've never seen their garbage up close, have you?

I just said I saw it online. Have an Audioengine D1 and it doesn't drive my HD650's very well what with the 300Ω impedance. What else would you recommend other than the Schiit stack for like $200?

schiit looks like trash in real life, it’s literally just fucking bent sheet metal. you’re fucking naive if you think they look like the stock photos.

I'm still gonna go just to check it out since they're near me, but do you have anything else to rec or are you gonna keep trash talking for fun

Attached: 69.png (460x620, 531K)

>trash talking for fun
fine then, go buy schiit and don’t complain to us when it destroys your headphones and they aren’t responding to your emails. fucking retard.

I'm gonna GO and CHECK IT OUT, that doesn't mean I'll buy it. If you ain't gonna help out then bugger off nigger

i’ve already posted dozens of links telling you to stay the fuck away from schiit. if you still wanna go “check it out” like the fucking retard you are go ahead. i’m not gonna stop you. want to be spoonfed? fine. pic related, now shut the fuck up.

Attached: 6A2A1680-5CE9-4DF5-9989-11D7E4B9EE73.png (3200x3840, 2.82M)

thank you have a nice day

Attached: 1465880723899.gif (400x400, 310K)

Attached: 1548132516909.jpg (764x713, 309K)

HD600.

Attached: fuck_harman.jpg (1500x1125, 260K)

hello hpg, have you DABBED on a harmantardon today?

Attached: 9B8FD782-83D2-4150-AD72-20AB4D892DD4.jpg (774x850, 197K)

What setting in pic related should I be using? Why would anyone choose something lower than the max? This is the Advanced settings for my headphones

Attached: Capture.png (266x272, 15K)

Depends on if your music player and DAC even support such high bit levels and frequencies. And if you don’t have audio encoded in that frequency it’s useless as well.

32/192
Some people care about "bit perfect" streaming. Personally I'd rather get the benefits of EQ (fuck harmantardons btw).

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1539338170460.png (1920x1080, 602K)

how does my eq make you feel whiteboi

Attached: nigger.png (786x617, 54K)

If you like that it should be alright, user.

Attached: 1540603845227.png (1920x1080, 1.96M)