Gnome Shell General

Gnome Shell looks like THAT?!!!!

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-22 09-59-58.png (1366x768, 385K)

40 pixel titlebars with multiple titles and random unlabeled buttons

The king coming through

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-19 21-12-37.png (1366x768, 1.69M)

ew
this

You can tell they're basically just microsoft pajeets at this point

>40 pixel titlebars
It's not just tittlebar, it's headerbar. Buttons are put there to actually save space instead of tittlebar+menubar+toolbar
>random unlabeled buttons
Most used button aren't labeled because it's easy enough to tell what it does by it's icon. Other buttons are labelled
It's good too, but no Wayland support coming.

but why do most Gnome apps have two buttons that open identical preference menus?

Attached: aaaa.png (578x454, 46K)

the fuck? Why do you need a 5th of the screen space to tell you that you have no notifications

Application Menu doesn't appear in gnome-shell only on other DE. And they ditch it too after gnome 3.32
The popup? It will be filled with notification as they come.

Time and date looks out of place where it's at. Ok, I'll just move it over to the far right. Wait, that's not possible?!?!?! Fuuuuuck, back to KDE for me.

Attached: 1448388596012.png (258x245, 121K)

fucking garbage, lol.

Oh god is worse than I remember.

You're in for a treat

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-22 10-53-23.png (653x768, 150K)

>extension bloat

So much wasted space, compared to real DE.

Attached: xfce-window-manager-settigns.png (645x527, 20K)

I will fucking pay (((IBM))) and SUSE, so they use KDE or at least XFCE as default DE, not fucking foot.

No one staring at settings application for whole day. Just open in, change what you want then close it.

That is not only about settings app. Other Gnome apps waste screen real estate badly, while XFCE programs don't waste much, and they're more intuitive.

Sorry kids, nothing personal.

Attached: Konqi Hangs Foot Fags.png (816x684, 464K)

Scales >>> F**t fetish.

There are definitely spergs here who stare at their settings all day.

What XFCE program are we talking about? XFCE doesn't have much in grown programs.
Headerbar is used to actually save screen estate. Take a look at default Gnome browser, compare them to any KDE browser with tittlebar. How much screen they use for content area

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-22 11-19-29.png (1366x768, 123K)

For example... Absolutely based file explorer.

Attached: rubbish.png (1006x649, 103K)

Compare that to untermench explorer in Gn*me.
Weird buttons, no text in human language, some shitty alien hieroglyphs.
What the fuck pancake stack button do? What the fuck pancake button with syrup do?

Attached: trash.png (1366x768, 130K)

Or compare it to KDE file explorer.

Jow Forums is fucking garbage

Attached: 778.png (1089x660, 112K)

Or even LXQT file manager.
Everything is clear.
Back arrow = back
Up arrow = up
Home = home.

No fucking mysterious steel plate icons.

Attached: Lubuntu-15-04-Is-the-Last-Release-to-Use-LXDE-as-the-Team-Prepares-for-LXQt-Screenshot-Tour-479225-5 (1366x768, 113K)

>What the fuck pancake stack button do? What the fuck pancake button with syrup do?
Lol, it's actually called hamburger menu. It's used to replace menubar and contains less used button and menu into popup. I'm actually surprised you never know about hamburger menu, it's in Chrome, Firefox, android, ios and even the whole web.
You can't hide from syrup pancake button

Anyway, have you ever wondered, why stuff in airplanes is written in English, but not in hieroglyphs?
Because it is much easier, than guessing 9000 icons. It prevents accidents.

Attached: 6543.jpg (3520x2102, 1.39M)

In fucking Chrome it is obvious, since there is only ONE pancake hamburger button. Yeah, only one.
In Firefox shit is confusing. Cog, fucking dick measuring contests, cracked CRT and fucking stack of dicks. I have no fucking idea what is under dick measuring contest button.
I have no idea why cog button doesn't transfer me to settings menu. Fucking SJW garbage, that is slow and absolutely bluepilled.

sudo apt-get remove --purge nautilus* gvfs* avahi* cups* unity*

It's not good, but when you compare to alternatives there is no choice really if you don't want to spend time ricing.

Why would I want to use a desktop environment that requires malware infested third party extensions to work?

Attached: footkiller.jpg (750x800, 214K)