I am poor fag and never tried MacBook. Is it good laptop for daily use?

I am poor fag and never tried MacBook. Is it good laptop for daily use?

Attached: macbook-pro-2016-keyboard-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psychtoolbox.org/requirements
youtube.com/watch?v=Mnp3bx01ipg
youtu.be/4QDsqWkUvXQ?t=124
youtu.be/3CrQjfgvqJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes but not that one. Look into an older mbp that still has ports and a decent keyboard. Good linux support. Nice hinges. You'll feel dumb using it in public though.

It's unremarkable. Get one if you want MacOS, not for the hardware.
>t. not a poor fag

better than windows 10

You can safely disregard Jow Forums's senseless hatred towards Apple. The MB is perfectly fine for most use cases, especially if you intend to use it for daily, more simple tasks, such as watching videos, shitposting on Jow Forums, editing some photos, or similar. The OS is extremely comfy. Would recommend.

>The OS is extremely comfy
looks like a locked down KDE from 2005 and macbooks have the noisiest fans

just try it in a vm, there are plenty of images on torrent sites

>This thread has been sponsored by a failing fruity company.

>noisiest fans
Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about.

sounds like your a shit tier shill who spams stock photos of macbooks on Jow Forums all day everyday

I used a Fagbook "Pro" 2015 for about 10 months. Worst laptop I've ever owned. Always thermal throttling and running like shit. The OS is slow and eats up like 5GB RAM idle. Safari is fucking useless so you end up using Chrome or Firefox anyways. MacOS has no good software. There are no programs that would ever draw me to the platform. Simple shit like GIMP has a port that's buggy as fuck and couldn't even save images because Applel is changing APIs every year. The dock is stupid and gay. Window management is stupid and gay. The file explorer has less features and is more locked down than shit I can download for my phone.

From the perspective of someone who has all his software needs met by something like Ubuntu on a Chromebook, Macs are a miserable experience. And did I mention that they're overpriced by like $600?

Attached: 1546366666778.jpg (1024x576, 81K)

Just get a much cheaper laptop with the same specs and run hackintosh if you really really want the OS for whatever reason. Otherwise just get a normal (again, much cheaper with same specs) laptop.

This user gets it. Get a 2015 or (slightly) earlier MBP. Max the RAM and make sure it has a SSD, or throw one in. I think some of the 2015 models were starting to solder RAM to the motherboard, so make sure you can max the RAM if it's not already.

I recently upgraded a friend's 2012 15" MBP to 16gb RAM and a SSD. It runs great.

>especially if you intend to use it for daily, more simple tasks,
My 2015 MBP is my primary dev machine and is often running Mac OS and Windows 10 via VM, side by side, with no issues. I have a faster hackintosh desktop but the MBP is very fast in its own right and keeps all my files on one system for going mobile.

Paying a bit of a premium for a shitposting machine. The only good thing is that they do hold their value, if you decided it wasn't for you it will easily resell.

I tried one for a year but couldn't fully transition, I found the workflow for me too awkward on a Mac. For some retarded reason they hid the # hash/pound as a keyboard shortcut for UK/Euro users... Yeah I might need that fucking key for front end dev a lot!

Hardware is dogshit.
Seek out the best hardware/sturdiness/keyboard/touch/battery rated laptops and do a Hackintosh, or better yet BSD since MacOS is giant dogshit for anything beyond Facebook browsing since Apple doesn't give a shit about maintaining it properly and hasn't for years.

>The OS is slow and eats up like 5GB RAM idle.
This gives you away as a liar. Looking at my Activity Monitor right now the largest running OS process is Window Server at 365 MB. All the OS processes combine don't add up to 1gb.

I have two IDEs, two web browsers, email, and a half dozen small utilities open, PLUS a Win10 VM that takes 8gb, and I still have RAM leftover (16gb installed).

>Safari is fucking useless so you end up using Chrome or Firefox anyways.
Safari is unironically the best of the three major browsers. Its one flaw is that it won't play webm files so I browse the chans with FF.

>Simple shit like GIMP has a port that's buggy as fuck and couldn't even save images because Applel is changing APIs every year.
My oldest running Mac app was last updated in 2013. How is that possible when Apple changes APIs every year?

>And did I mention that
You're gay? We already got that from your post.

good goyim

(shill)
I sure hope no one listens to this lying jew.

>get caught in a lie
>start crying "Jew!" in defense
The anti-Apple shitposter cries out in pain as he strikes you.

Nigger, everything I said is true. Apple products suck ass. Safari can't even play webms in current year and you're defending it like a religious zealot. Get a grip, you fucking queer.

>"OS takes 5gb RAM"
>"everything I said is true"
>"goyim"
>"jew"
>"nigger"
With every post you make it becomes more apparent who is truthful and who is a religious zealot.

>Safari can't even play webms in current year
None of the browsers are perfect. I don't like Chrome's UI and don't trust Google but it's probably the most compatible browser. FF has gotten slow and bloated but has the best plugin collection. Safari has a nice UI and feels like it's the leanest/fastest, but won't play webms and I can't find all the same plugins for it that I can for my FF install.

Inb4 I get called a nigger or a jew for telling it like it is.

Get the mid 2012 15" mbp, I have one as my daily driver, max the ram and install a ssd.

Mines never given up, only letdown is the fucking charger, bad build quality

The only thing I'd recommend a ShitBook for is their superior touchpad driver. But after adjusting my synaptics driver, I couldn't go back to that laggy ass macOS.

>laggy ass macOS.
Mac OS mops the floor with Windows in terms of performance and responsiveness. You can certainly run a Linux distro that's as fast, but you won't have the same software compatibility.

I've tried one of the newer ones and keyboard was loud as fuck while having shor travel. Would not use that.

it's great for soccer moms and web developers, anybody in between will dislike it.

Yeah, but I'm on an old ass MacBook Pro (with just 4GBs of RAM and 320HDD) so macOS really isn't feasible for me.

The best desktop os on meh hardware

2015 only

Great machines for browsing pozhunterz.com resetera and kotaku

When I upgrade fork my 2012 I will look for a 2015 or a thinkpad. 2015 is the last great mbp.

Why the fuck would anyone hackintosh in 2019?

because 2019 apple products has cuck-tier hardware.

its fucking shit
i'd say go for the 2015 pro but i cant force myself to like macos

With this keyboard and lack of ports I'd say no.
2014 MacBook Air is OK.

He was referring to MacOS degrading massively as well and a shitload of their software not being maintained or up-to-date anymore properly.

of course

like?

sounds like you're a shit hater, you can't throw your bullshit opinion when you have clearly never used one.

It seems like 60% of apple hate is people trying to fit in.

Yes. The keyboard isn't nearly as bad as the internet makes it out to be, at least in my experience. The UI is pretty smooth and easy to navigate with no fuss.
Recommend.

Op don't waster your shekels. These things break easily and are hard to repair because applel fights against unofficial repairs.

The 12-inch MacBook or iPad Pro is better for normie shitposting purposes. The MacBook Pros are actually pretty reliable for tasks like making music.

Like Final Cut Pro being a pile of dogshit nobody uses anymore, except it's still being forced in education facilities alongside OS X wasting everyone's time and money.
Like MacOS itself being a poor implementation of BSD code with many computation bugs which most science and engineering collectives advise against using whenever possible which is why it has such low presence in those spaces.
psychtoolbox.org/requirements
One of the foremost in vision and neuroscience tools for instance.

You're a nigger with a browser that can't play webms.

>Like Final Cut Pro
>psychtoolbox
oh, so it's nothing

It may be nothing to a Facebook/Youtube browser like yourself, but it's everything to people of actual value in society.

yea yea, everyone suddenly works with badly written software that you listed

Final Cut Pro is badly written and outdated just like the MacOS it was made for, so of course not everyone will work on that dogshit unless forced by education facilities for instance.

macos is getting updates, chill

Updates in the wrong places, and gets buggier and shittier with each revision. When even Windows 10 of all shit is beating you maybe you should rethink your pozzed OS.

>maybe you should rethink your pozzed OS.
nah, i'm fine, it just works

For facebook and youtube browsing, yeah.

Maybe you can find an old one someone was going to recycle/toss for free or maybe real cheap at goodwill. That's how I got a 2009 imac for free and putting linux in it it's a pretty decent machine for basic stuff.

Nah

youtube.com/watch?v=Mnp3bx01ipg

how will mactoddlers ever recover?

It's a great laptop for daily use. I've had my rMBP for 5 years. I've ugpraded it from Mavericks to Yosemite to El Capitan to Sierra which I'm still running. I've had few problems with it and the thing just works every time I pick it up. The UI can be really nice with some tweaks (dock to the side and on autohide, install alfred for a better spotlight experience, caffeine, smcfancontrol).

It's also nice because when I bought mine it came with a lot of shit out of the box; including a full office suite (Pages, Numbers, Keynote, etc), a fucking entry level DAW with built in weapon lessons, and everything you need to get started and nothing you don't. It's a very clean, sense-making experience.

Now if you're a Linux nerd who wants the latest BASH and shell utilities and all that, you'll have to install a package manager and do some tweaking. Also I don't like the new Mac models. The keyboard is more shallow, loud and prone to failures and having only USB-C ports at this point in time is a major inconvenience for me

Apple fucked up the newer ones in the quest to be thinner than a sheet of paper. Completely sealed, no upgrades, and they wrecked the keyboard. They're also have cable flex/wear problems again due to the extreme design.

I wish Apple would get a clue and:
* Go back to the 2015 design and offer upgradable RAM and SSD.
* Restore the function keys putting them just below the touch bar.

Windows 10 wouldn't be feasible either. You're stuck running an older OS.

Snow Leopard ran very well on those machines. Hell, drop a SSD in that Mac and run Snow Leopard and it will be faster in some instances than the newest notebooks.

Price/performance. You can build a very fast hackintosh on a budget.

>psychtoolbox.org/requirements
This is a verifiably false statement that was probably made by pajeets who don't know how to write code for Mac OS.

>When even Windows 10 of all shit is beating you
Hasn't happened and isn't going to happen. Windows 10 is absolute dog shit in terms of performance, efficiency, and security.

Forgot to add: the 2015 design WITH PORTS. USB-C is fine but have original USB, HDMI, SD, and audio as well.

I have a 2014 rMBP and I disagree with you. They need to go beyond the 2015 design and bring back out a fat Macbook "Pro" for power users with a proper cooling solution, keyboard, ports that people actually use along with the upgrades like a HiDPI display. They could easily get away with making something the size of the MBP unibody and it would sell

>I have a 2014 rMBP and I disagree with you. They need to go beyond the 2015 design and bring back out a fat Macbook "Pro" for power users with a proper cooling solution, keyboard, ports that people actually use along with the upgrades like a HiDPI display.
I still have my 2011 MBP as well. Size related differences:
* Optical drive.
* RAM was upgradable in the 2011 model.
* Ethernet.
* FireWire 800.

The only thing I would really like out of all of that is upgradable RAM. I don't think RAM should be soldered to the board, nor users forced to buy all that they might ever need on day one. And it should be possible to fit that within the Retina body.

As for cooling I don't have a problem. The 2015 model runs faster/cooler. Even with two OSes running simultaneously, compiling, photo editing, etc. I do have a laptop stand (keep it off the wood desk) and I do use smcFanControl.

>They could easily get away with making something the size of the MBP unibody and it would sell
I agree, but I don't see much difference between the unibody and the Retina body. If you can name a power user feature that would require the thicker unibody case, I'm not opposed to it. I like the thinner 2015 case, but I'm not opposed the unibody case.

I just want space for a proper 2.5" drive (or even m.2 at this point) and the optical drive would be nice. I know they're deprecated but the slot could be used for a secondary storage with a caddy. Both of these would require a larger chassis than even the Retina MacBooks offer

>Windows 10 is absolute dog shit in terms of performance, efficiency, and security.
you are mentally ill.

>All the OS processes combine don't add up to 1gb.
post screenshot

well.. heres the thing
youtu.be/4QDsqWkUvXQ?t=124

>5GB RAM idle
literally doesn't matter, memory pressure graph is there for a reason

well.. heerees the ething
youtu.be/3CrQjfgvqJQ

this is Jow Forums

Attached: Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 19.25.30.png (408x90, 15K)

Old models (pre 2016) were fineish, the new ones are just total crap. Do not touch them.

>Safari can't even play webms in current year
safari has the vlc plugin that allows support for webm

And the only reason it's unsupported is because Apple and Google dont play nice

I got a Macbook for free from work and I hated it, asked to get an Lenovo X1 instead.

user no laptop is worth taking credit out to buy.

>This is a verifiably false statement that was probably made by pajeets who don't know how to write code for Mac OS.
Nah, it's by westerners for westerners with staff communicating with actual engineers and programmers who identified that MacOS is a pile of shit. You can stop seething now. There's a reason your dogshit isn't used in Engineering or Science.

I wouldn’t hate apple things so much If I could afford them

You can afford them if Chinks can. I can afford them and they are not worth investing in, the value is not there and the OS is dogshit compared to BSD.

No. It's overkill for daily use. Get a

>MUH MONI
Nah.

Attached: Apple User Social Class.jpg (1280x1280, 330K)

Attached: 1545236079644.jpg (2000x1333, 455K)

APPLETODDLERS ____

Attached: 1505415007898 Apple.jpg (800x2500, 866K)

BTFO

Attached: 1547546885391.jpg (712x719, 102K)

For daily use? What tf does that mean. Please specify.
For checking emails, watching youtube, and entertainment buy a fucking iPad.
If you need a laptop for light work, and you are poor, do not buy an ultrabook. When you buy a super-thin, fancy laptop your paying for form factor--not preformace. Form factor is the least important thing when it comes to tech.