I tried Discord and I wanted to scratch my eyes out. Nothing but zoomers posting hentai...

I tried Discord and I wanted to scratch my eyes out. Nothing but zoomers posting hentai. Why can't everyone just use IRC?

t. boomer

Attached: irclogo.gif (233x136, 17K)

too intimidating for normies

No embed, no built in VOIP and not retard-friendly enough.

>some fucking product
vs.
>a protocol

Nobody even reads this shitty board, hate chan’s /tech/ moves faster and has no bots, unlike this place.

>No embed
that's a feature

>No embed
cancer
>no built in VOIP
die
>not retard-friendly
Tech illiterate.

I was listing things people complain about, no need to sperg out about it even though you're 14.

you're free to remain in IRC with other 50 year old grand wizards

IRC is the best because normies and zoomers are too dumb to use it, and it doesn't offer enough "multimedia" for them. Why would you want those people using it anyways? I say keep IRC comfy like it is.

Attached: adaea109-6e98-49a8-b696-6a41f1ccfe3c-c48e4d5cc39b25b0e3752133f80fdc3d37833fd39da40bda078866cd178c3db (970x582, 74K)

I've switched to discord recently as a group of online friends had switched from IRC. I don't particularly like it, but I also don't have many friends, online or otherwise

True but it used to be super popular and channels with 2000 users were the norm. Now I know of only a single channel with 2000 users, and that's ##linux on Freenode.

Who the fuck is even on IRC anymore except fansub groups and the neckbeards that hang on to them?

Mainly programmers. No one else seems to care about IRC

I am.

My friend has a server he has run since late 90s that he still keeps up, we all kinda idle there and check in with eachother now and again. That's the nice thing about IRC, I can idle there 24/7 and then if someone says my name I'll see it and talk to them for a bit.

Then for more active stuff I hang on private tracker IRC channels which are pretty nice. The thing I miss about current IRC is that there aren't a lot of non-tech topic channels anymore.

>The thing I miss about current IRC is that there aren't a lot of non-tech topic channels anymore.
Yeah, exactly. IRC is still active but it's all about peer tech support now. No more actual social channels.

i tried Discord and i unironically clouldn't navigate it, the UI is so fucking bloated i had no idea what the fuck i was doing

maybe im too old for this shit

someone just need to make a UI + IRC that lets you embed gifs and images, and that has a build in mumble server

i wanna try it, sounds pretty easy but i have no time right now

how to make IRC zoomer friendly 101:

>simple image/webm/gif/video embeding
>register nick trought a website and just give the user a password
>implemend some kind of viop (mumble/teamspek integration)
>make a client that doen't have a UI from 1997
>make file transfer easier

boom there you go

You zoomers just can't manage without your gifs, huh? Just post a link instead of shitting up the channel with multimedia shit.

Attached: 1502719855181.jpg (806x640, 59K)

Needs a slick app, don't forget the smartphone app! Zoomers can't live without that.

Attached: sip.jpg (257x196, 9K)

I was able to navigate, I just thought it was bloated and overall designed for slickness rather than functionality. I think it is just what we are used to.

thats why you have channels dedicated to image video shitposting

took me 5 minutes to figure out how to leave a channel and another 5 min to mute all the fucking beeping sounds

>we have a special channel just for sharing our images and videos!

Attached: zoomer.jpg (1024x521, 43K)

Oh yeah, the beeps were annoying. I just wanted to get some pics of thinspo girls and it wasn't worth the mess in the end.

you are literally on an anime imageboard for sharing and shitposting media

you are dumb as fuck man

>imageboards are the same as IRC

chatango, now that was a great IRC alternative

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

>Nobody even reads this shitty board, hate chan’s /tech/ moves faster and has no bots, unlike this place.
I might actually switch, I don't want to click on 95% of the threads with the current state of this board

Except /tech/ is complete trash. I've tried going there on three separate occasions, and each time I went I saw way more off topic posting than I ever have here.
It's basically a technology board exclusively used by Jow Forums tier retards.

This. Fuck embedded images and video

As others said, IRC is too limited for what people expect these days. Discord got to where they did because it made it easy with a single login for server "ownership" with chat, inline images/ media and comment emoji ( did you notice that too? Someone can post I like butts and m there's a little area where a list of emoji show up below the post where others responded to that particular line with eggplants and peaches etc), while also supporting VOIP so they don't have to use Mumble or anything competent, plus tons of API for Integration with Twitch and other streamer or patreon bullshit.

Of course all this all comes at a cost in myriad ways ( privacy, centralized control etc) but few seem to care. We can't get them to go back to piecemeal services for the moment , so the only alternative is to do better. For instance, look at Matrix.org . This is the new open source everything protocol alternative to Slack and Discord. There are many clients with Riot.im the most well known. That kind of thing ( NextCloud hosted is another option) is our best chance

On discord you can start a group call with your friends, stream hentai, and bully your friends sexually in chat while you all jerk off to it together.

Attached: 1546533967772.jpg (333x599, 81K)

i dislike it too but then again i use it only to talk to some of my friends who refuse to use anything else.

I remember that lots of girls from my city used IRC (mIRC) and as you say it was super popular in the early 00's

ICQ > IRC

That was comfy af, got to know lots of people from my city thanks to ICQ and its location search

So in other words, hell

ITT: Sour fucking grapes

>an UI explicitly designed so even the most clueless of users can use it
>can't navigate
>b-bloat!

Attached: IMG_20190121_002102.jpg (810x1216, 253K)

I will be your friend user
gib dickord

Where do you think all the warez start before they become torrents?

topsites

Is mibbit dead for everyone?

That would be a bit more inaccessable than irc.
However I accept your point.
Top play user.

because matrix exists and is superior in every way

Attached: noScore.jpg (254x160, 8K)

not that user, but I'm in a few tech-related IRCs where we pretty regularly talk about non-tech stuff. Combine it with Mumble, and it's a hell of a time.