Why is Gnome allowed to exist?

It's objectively inferior to all other DEs. It's a joke of a DE.

Attached: Konqi Hangs Foot Fags.png (816x684, 464K)

Openbox is the only valid choice.

fpbp

You did this one already.

The only reason it is still here is because Red hat supported the development.

Even with infinite amounts of money, they still produce shit.

Because, despite it being quite a shit in many aspects its competitors manage to be even more shit somehow, obviously.

I just threw out gnome for KDE.
It's mind boggling how come Ubuntu with GNOME eat more memory than Windows fucking 10.
Meanwhile with KDE I'm chilling with just 500 megs used.
That hurr durr lets fork V8 scripting engine and use an obscure programming language no one gives a fuck about laggy DE is just pathetic.

Because it works xD

I have never used it, convince me to try it out.

Ever felt like every WM ever (including OpenBox) sucks? Then use OpenBox

Agree 100%.
>want a full-featured, large de? go with kde
>want a simple, lightweight, yet feature-complete de? go with xfce or lxde
>on the spectrum? any tiling window manager of your choice
I don't see a reason to use Gnome. You even have to use systemd.

Because Mutter is better than KWin.

wrong, footfag. kwin is the best WM ever

no, it's not. other than it's hunger for ram it's fine. you can add whatever extention you want, use whatever theme you want and it's way more stable than kde.

Can't even move and resize windows with keyboard because their implementation is buggy shit. Or can't set split ratio between tiled windows. Or set per-screen workstations. I'll pass, thanks.

s/workstations/workspaces

this
kys mousefag. use a keyboard

GNOME isn't that bloated when you consider that KDE reaches the same memory footprint after a few hours. 3.30 finally fixed some outstanding memory leaks (i.e. the ones they couldn't explain away), but I still think GNOME uses too much hardware for what it delivers.

Sanest alternative to DEs.
>install openbox
>install obconf + lxappearance
>install your favorite panel
>install whatever icon/window theme you want
>use obconf + lxappearance to set icon/window theme
>echo " &" >> ~/.config/openbox/autostart
And you already have a decent looking usable desktop. The only things missing are desktop icons and a background. Personally I use PCManFM to handle that.
>echo "pcmanfm --desktop &" >> ~/.config/openbox/autostart

literally
even when you lower the bar down to "just being alive and shipping feature updates every now and then", you only get a handful
>kde
it's been years and it still looks like they're "figuring out the design" what the fuck
It's modern at least. Some semblance of vision but it's still an ugly one. They could start by googling typography.
>mate
life support for gnome2 obsoletards but it's very okay
>xfce, lxde, lxqt
they like to pretend they're not dead and that they're still the go-to lightweight DEs, but that's simply not true
also, actual bad design. like, the usability shit you take for granted, not here bitch
>gnome 3 reskins

>tiling DEs
they're great, they work very well (for .02% percent of population). very delusional.
>xfce
>lxde
>feature complete
even gnome 2 has more features. it's not even that much more lightweight than latest kde. stop ruining your life and lives of others.

what? even at boot gnome uses less ram for me.
KDE at the minimal core of packages I could boot it with startx was around 700MiB and gnome shell was 350MiB with free -h

is it ironic that kde connect works better on gnome

Konqi wouldn't hurt anyone! Not even a footfag!

based konqi poster

Attached: 2247399 - Konqi SmileBomb kde mascots.png (1000x1214, 782K)

>yet another le Gnome is bad
Fuck's sake, just don't use it. Are you too dumb to install KDE or whatever else you prefer? I like Gnome and I don't give a shit what you use.

Attached: IMG20190105WA0007.jpg (750x906, 137K)

YES

Attached: 036bdd69321dd577d6f5ec9fa1a37a58.png (513x682, 155K)

Why do furfaggots have to make everything about sexual perversion?

so, this is the power of KDE users?

it's cute

Attached: lewdkonqi.png (676x732, 127K)

We kall ourselves Kweers.

Every DE (aside from gnome reskins like budgie or pantheon) is ugly by default.
KDE is just as ugly as GNOME OOTB but you have many more options to quickly bring KDE up to par.
With GNOME you're completely stuck with their vision and the greatest change the user can make is installing a bit of JS to change where the dock goes.
Plasma 5 desktops that looks like shit are largely the fault of users lacking vision.

Ill enjoy my feature-rich desktop while keeping distance from tards.
Even so, GNOMEs attempts to force their vision onto others does impact me.

>installing JS
what the fuck? it's modified by config files, but are called extensions

>what the fuck? it's modified by config files, but are called extensions
So? They're written in Javascript.
My point is the most you can do to change how Gnome works is by adding extensions.

>Inside the directory, the bare bones of an extension are two files,metadata.jsonandextension.js. The content of ametadata.jsonlooks like this:

Its an unpolished turd.

Why did you delete that?

Attached: file.png (1280x1024, 596K)

Works on my machine

I mean yeah Gnome could be the shittiest of all of them but since none of them is good what does it matter in the end.

Upload that image to e621

I didn't delete it, mods did
>mods = homophobic

Based mods

Pretty much this. And at least Gnome dosen't look like a cheap Chinese Windows clone.

Gnome is pretty decent just not for ricer losers on shitpads.

spotted the footfag

Honestly I would tell any linux beginner to Just install xfce to get shit done with no complications. If they ever feel like getting into rice to show their random floating pics of anime girls and such they have many options under tilling/dynamic windows

I don't like KDE, i think it's a clusterfuck. I don't need a DE that has 1000 things i'll never use, otherwise i'd stick with windows. Gnome is just shit, if you run it over 4-5 hours everything starts lagging no matter how good your pc is

Chinks make better looking UI, lmao. Just look at deepin.

KDE has a ton of nice to haves. Its very polished in some unexpected ways but a clusterfuck in others. When it works its the best DE in existence.
KDE Connect is amazing. Dolphin is amazing. Every browser's file picker should have thumbnails.