You guys hype?

Attached: deepmind.png (612x787, 207K)

No

Classic Jow Forums brainlet poster.

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

>starcraft 2
Classic zoomer redditor poster.

What are the limitations on it?
I watch SSCAIT occasionally. This will be interesting.

>What are the limitations on it?
nobody really knows.

bump

notify me when we have AI that could beat me at any game without training. GG

"soon"

Attached: t.jpg (270x186, 10K)

Fuck you, you blizzard /v/eddit manchild cocksucker
Starcraft is fucking DEAD and no one cares
Fuck blizzard and their horde of manchildren

You realize it could've been any RTS, right?
The demo is about AI, not all the stuff you screeched about.

Its a PR stunt response you mongrel

How do i know it's a real AI and not just some
korean faggot doing everything?

If they pit it against a player i'm assuming they'll cap it's apm with no apm cap the ai shits over players anyway with sick splits and shit. Interested to see if it comes up with any new meta play.

>games
>hype
Go back

>AI research
>not hype

Brainlet detected.

notify me when we have a human that could beat AI at chess. GG

>solving intelligence
>a PR stunt

Why is the average Jow Forums poster retarded?

I find AI bland and uninteresting. Not a brainlet.

>AI bland and uninteresting

FUCKING HOW

Attached: 10792c623fab3e96b1f7b0a332aed2fd.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

It's just the next step in automation. It's like bash scripting but for harder to explain problems. There's nothing magical about it.

Wow why did the dota 2 post get shadowbanned????
Can the AI play full rules dota 2 or not?

Does stuff have to be magical to be appealing to you? Why the fuck are you on a technology board?

but it can be interesting to see the outcome. It's job is to find the optimal way to do something and if it does something we as humans haven't yet figured out it's interesting to see what that is.

This is not the dota 2 bot

dota 2 > openai
starcraft 2 > deepmind

>have to be magical
Yes, actually. Some math theory astounds me.
>technology board
I like making money programming.
>optimal way
AI is just optimised brute force. It's when humans can't find mathematical formulas themselves and resort to labour. It's dirty and works just enough to fool humans, that's why I hate it. No elegance.

Starcraft died years ago. Show me an AI that can beat people at a real game.

You could literally just program in the keypresses for the best strategies for each racial combo on each map and win because you're able to min/max micro and macro.

Actually optimisation goes deeper than min/max as just that is easy to counter. Maximising your weakest link is a better strategy for ai.

>You could literally just program in the keypresses for the best strategies for each racial combo on each map

This is EXACTLY what modern AI methods try not to do.

Begone brainlet.

if it works the AI isn't too smart to ignore them, is it?

>have optimal solution
>not use it

When AI diverges from practicality its just wankery. I want machines to do things I cant/dont care!

I wonder when they will point deepmind at other problems. I want to see them attempt factorization or finding prime numbers.

if it beats Serral it would actually be pretty scary. serral is the best by a mile, better than the koreans

This could potentially be fascinating. It could also be incredibly boring. If it's just familiar micro done with attosecond-perfect accuracy then it's less exciting but could lead to some interesting mismatches. What I'd love to see is a new meta entirely - maybe a totally new cheese or build order. But if it's all cheese it could become very tiresome indeed. It'd be nice to see some details of how they've trained it, I'm picturing some form of advanced regret-minimisation.

Starcraft, like chess, is most interesting in the middlegame. I'd like to see some unique harass strats that require multitasking beyond human ability for example, and how they use casters will also be worth watching. The more I think about it, the more excited I am about it actually, I can't wait. Glad it's on britbong time.

Prediction ahead of time: we won't see many zealots, if any.

Attached: three cups of autism.jpg (463x660, 44K)

I think the problem is that it does this straight through brute force, while humans can skip hundreds of the steps the "AI" has to take.
Sure, in the end the AI will optimize further than a human can, but it's not interesting that it learns in such a shitty way.

same
how's the go training coming along, Lee?

Notify me when you have a human that can beat me at any game without training

Bump.

Attached: people must know about my burgers.jpg (159x317, 9K)

>some math astounds me
Literally math is one of the most if not the most predictable and logical step-by-step thing ever since we even decided the fucking axioms, seems to me that you’re not astounded because it’s “magic” but because it’s just complicated and abstract. Maybe if you gave another look at AI concepts you’ll find the same level of astonishment

>AI begins
>immediately banned
>reason: No cheating/hacking

How do the decide on an APM limit? You don't need a neural net to BTFO humans with enough inhuman micro

Guess we'll find out.

Stop wasting resources on useless shit and mplement proper multi threading to the game already

The first step for the robowaifu

>no one cares
No one except except the guy who cares enough to make anonymous angry posts about it on Jow Forums, in other words, (You).

This applies to every videogame ever

No you fucking wouldn't be, that's retarded. A player would immediately interfere with your perfect sequence of keypresses by doing something completely trivial, like moving a unit to block construction of an essential building or something. Your dumb sequence wouldn't be able to tell anything was wrong and it would fail completely and spectacularly.

a bot can easily beat a human at SC2 because the game is mostly micromanagement
call me when the dota2 bot can beat pro teams

>blizzard

Attached: 1521748472077.gif (300x225, 1.96M)

Except SC 2 only uses 1 core.

I want it to play vs Ketroc

multithreading doesn't yield meaningful performance gains for most games

>all these

this but unironically

> What are the limitations on it?
Well, it has to play Starcraft, with all its annoying limitations.

Deterministic multithreading is a lot harder than non-deterministic multithreading, because the overheads to amke it deterministic tend to eat up any performance gains you might have had.

i think we'll some amazing disruptors

>SC2
>Reddit

Based.

I have been studying AI for 2 hours a day for the past 2 years and I'm comfortable in my knowledge. Meanwhile you have not delved deeper than calc 2 and a basic discrete math course.

sc2 wasn't good

Attached: 1506690792417.jpg (400x387, 98K)

>You realize it could've been any RTS, right?
Well, SC2 is the only modern RTS that has as close to perfect balance as it gets while having three distinct races that actually play differently.
So really, no other RTS qualifies - except maybe the revamped first StarCraft

>inhuman micro
this, prettymuch
a computer could move the camera a million times per second and have permanent awareness of the entire map
humans can't do that, and it should at least be limited to the amount of frames the game is able to generate
if its not based on any kind of limitations, its complete poop and I won't take it seriously at all

imo it should rely on screen output and normal human input devices, not tons of scrips and reading rom data (like the dota2 bot)

>AI is just optimised brute force
Evolution is just optimized brute force. In fact you could argue that evolving a human species that could build AI is just the natural path of evolution toward more intelligent/capable entities.

>I have been studying AI for 2 hours a day for the past 2 years
what the fuck does that even mean

>Evolution is just optimized brute force
Congratz on figuring out what heuristic means!

Also there is no reason to assume that there is a better appraoch than heuristics unless P=NP in which case the whole world would radically change

I don't think you've thought this through. If the AI learned how the hack the game independently, then it's already game over. Skynet wins. First it will hack the FBI and NSA, then the banks, stock market, all logistics, shipping, freight, air, drones, missiles, etc.

I played against the Elon Musk bots in Dota 2 for 2 hours every day since 2 years.
Understand?

>sc2
>zoomer

you realize the bots were beat like 3 days after they got released to the public right? How fucking bad are you

Well I like winning...

No. It's micro game where macro only important for human players. AI zerg will fuck you up in 5 minutes

playing a 5v5 pvp game as 1v1 against bots

sounds like you're retarded fren

inb4 it just 6pools or drone rushes and wins every match

How?

>/v/ posting on Jow Forums again

Can AI win in knifey spooney?

if it was for starcraft 1 i would watch

He will harass your workers constantly and the mean time perfectly controlling everything else because he doesn't need to pay attention to them. It's like playing against inbuilt AI that doesn't cheat

based

Attached: 1539512989896.png (582x370, 321K)

FFUCK ZERG ASSHOL STINK
ZERG GENOCIDE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE

Attached: Selection_200.png (1272x673, 538K)

I was just thinking that we've already got crazy marine micro ai. Have had that for a long ass time now. Couple that with a half-assed build order and I just don't see how it could ever lose against humans unless there's a grace period.

I read it was limited to 180 APM, so significantly below what a pro player could do. Other than that, we have no info on what information the bot is fed and in what form or frequency.

>being this retarded

Not me.