Can anti-FSF people explain to me how it's okay to let the intellectual equivalent of mathematical formulas and...

can anti-FSF people explain to me how it's okay to let the intellectual equivalent of mathematical formulas and equations be legally treated the same way as Mickey Mouse?

Attached: 53c8352ed8cb34befc04c38a32336530--richard-stallman-le[1].jpg (236x355, 14K)

No one is anti-FSF only those that don't understand it.

Ok, we'll agree that ideas cannot be property. Now, when will these same people accept that taxation is theft? I never heard Stallman talk about tax, which seems quite suspicious as he is very concerned about freedom.

it's the government that's printing the money, taxation is there so that when they spend more on things the economy doesn't crash from hyperinflation. if you don't wanna pay taxes go innawoods.

Taxing really isn't that great of an economic tool. You can only use it so much in either direction before causing damage. Much better results manipulating benchmark interest rates. Gov doesn't really print money like you think btw. That isn't how inflation happens

This is only because the treasury department is absolutely derelict in its duty to the American people. ie: The government isn't responsible for money supply. Which is horrifying in so many ways, it's difficult to quantify.

Taxation isn't theft. It's a fee you pay to be part of society. Don't want to pay taxes? Don't be part of society.

not an argument, you still have taxes, and you will be hunt down once you turn 18 by gov agents to collect the little you have.

You cannot escape the tax agents. And the alternative is really, be put in prison or best case scenario left out on the street, till the moment you get a job/money and they steal it from you by force.

So, yeah taxation is theft.

there is negative taxation, a popular scheme based on what you said figuratively.
its about "lowering the taxes" even for all, not the rich, poor or mid guys, FOR ALL. But then go around and print some more money, so inflation goes in and your "tax break" isnt really helping you, since your money doesnt have as much value as they had 5 years ago. And guess what, the poor guys and the middle class is suffering from such stuff, the rich guys, prob have some gold/silver somewhere so once the economy is back they can quickly cash in.

All in all, taxation should be minimum, as well as the government power over the country. The government should't mess with any private business. The government should be responsible for the national defense, army and the supreme court, look up the budget for those, yeah sure the military budget is huge, but its not actually "defense" as in defending, they are money spend for very offensive stuff. So bring the troops back, leave the essentials, and you get more than 50% tax cut on anyone without inflation. Sure this thing cant happen overnight, but it has to begin, thats why Trump did good by bringing some of the troops home.

To all the edgy 14 year olds, look up Thomas Sowell's "Basic Economics", its on youtube as well, you can listen to it if you are that kind a guy. And to all the marxists who spend their time reading bullshit that half of them cant understand and think just coz its so sparky must be true, agian, read something from Thomas Sowell or Mises and think about it.

In conclusion, taxation is theft. It is bad for the economy.

He is a dirty commie, in his perfect world he is some kind of an intellectual, a bureaucrat sitting in a shiny secretary office in the parliament and getting paid by people's TAXES.

I'm not part of society and I still have to pay them.

make govenment services voluntary (i.e opt in payment) and see how many people actually want to be part of your (((society))).

>owe the government money
>don't pay it
that if anything sounds like theft

maybe when you grow up you'll understand how stupid you sound

>It's a fee that you pay for being alive
fixed

>maybe when you grow up you'll understand how stupid you sound
nice ad hominem adding zero value to the discussion.
maybe, just maybe, when you stop licking gubberment boots, you will realize that you are paying for govenment services that you:
1. don't even use
2. don't even want to use
you also fail to consider corruption and inefficiencies within the government that your money is involuntarily supporting. think that 1st world countries are "the least corrupt", think again, it's just more concealed than in the 3rd world.

here in germany they are building the berlin airport since 10 years and it's government funded. they completely fucked the whole thing up and the best part of it all? the government body responsible for giving out the contracts gave them out to friends of people in the government. we call that "fetternwirtschaft" i.e you scratch my back and i scratch yours. but noone seems to consider that "corruption". you know what is the cherry on the cake? the fucking airport is still under construction.

in reply to:

Thomas Sowell would have called you a retard.

>let the intellectual equivalent of mathematical formulas and equations be legally treated the same way as Mickey Mouse?
What does this mean?

>people hit people with cars so we shouldn't have cars

Well that's the practical application of taxes
But I would go so far as to suggest that the government has no business in regulating the economy at all

that would make you a historically and economically illiterate moralist.

false analogy, try again.

>copyrighting numbers that are an encoded facsimile of Mickey Mouse

no it's perfectly applicable, you cherrypicked and you're wrong. if anyone listened to you we'd be living like barbarians.

How is the gpl enforceable?

>no one is anti-fsf...
I don't know, I'm more I don't give a fuck about your cult and wish you virgins would just kill yourself already so I never have to hear your communism spergasms again. But I also like poking you with sticks and laughing at your stupidity because its fun.

>cherrypicked
uh, sure dude, sure. i'm sure there is no corruption in the first world and it's all just accidental.

so you would be fine with the government sending you a new iphone every year, but you have to pay a monthly fee, just because you are part of the (((society))).

>the intellectual equivalent of mathematical formulas and equations

not really

>How is the gpl enforceable?
The same way all other software licenses are enforceable, retard

I don't know where you are getting that last part from. and you're dreaming if you think a civilization without corruption is possible in the modern day.

>government is providing me with healthcare == government is sending me an iPhone
>government sends me a bill every month for healthcare == government sends me a bill for iPhone every month
I neither want their healthcare or them sending me an iPhone, both are equally bad, as it's against my will.

If you can't make the connection as to why this is bad, then I don't know what else to say.

nonsense there is no inflation if you dont print money

there is no fee because there is no service being offered, if i want to buy something i will seek for a better service, because what the governament gives does not make me happy

you dont own governament money, we never took any loan. when you grow up you will undestand this

I'm not anti-FSF, I just don't like that the GPL limits the freedoms of those who wish to use my software.

bad analogy.
you can use cars correctly governament cant have our taxes correctly as to be correctly they need to be voluntary, because even if the governament do something right with it. it was still forced out of our hands when we could have bought our own service from someone we actualy want to give our money. try to evades taxes and see what will happen.

Legal contracts are negotiable, gpl isn't so idk sounds like bullshit. If its ok to take others equations and disney characters, some text files would be fine too.

its not reason to accept ones corruption just becasue there is more of it

Wtf are you on about? It sounds like you know nothing about the legal system.

Except there are numerous cases where GPL was proven and enforced in court when its terms were violated.

FSF does not in any way demand copyleft.
They just see it as strategically useful.
But they're fine if you license something under MIT or Apache or such.

GPL does not limit freedoms, copyright does that.

BSD/MIT cuck licenses don't increase freedom, they are created and used by universities to make it easier for proprietary companies to adopt their students' code without having to pay the student.

Code, much like an idea, an invention, or a work of art, has no monetary value unless it is used. The monetary value of my creations lies not in the code itself, but the services the code provides. I believe that people and firms should have the right to use my code as they please, provided they give me fair credit. That is why I use the Apache license, a license for adults.

What is wrong with sharing with others the things you were given?

Sure but allowing people to have a right to use your code as they please, and allowing them to take your code and tell others they can't use your code as they please, are two different things.

man I really wish I got one of those MIPS netbooks back in the day when they were on sale