Give me a single reason why a Linux user should buy this fucking piece of shit. What a waste of money

Give me a single reason why a Linux user should buy this fucking piece of shit. What a waste of money.

Attached: slide1_48508f79-7e76-44fc-ac2e-4d510abc27bf-prv.jpg (700x394, 17K)

Stick with AMD. amdgpu is great.

Nobody should invest into any company that enforces proprietary and/or closed hardware and/or software

CUDA

Because it works.

Give me a single reason why a user should switch to this fucking piece of shit Linux. What a waste of time.

CUDA and the non-free drivers actually mean you have a functioning GPU.

Unless you're getting a good deal on a used card, you should indeed stick with AMD. Don't give Nvidia money for their shitty business practices.
Linux respects your freedom and autonomy.

>Give me a single reason
Well for starters, not being a fucking freetarded communist.

???
Literally never had an issue with closed source Nvidia drivers.

Because it's the way it's meant to be played

Oh right
>Linux
>Gaymes

kinda ironic when about 3 years ago, amd literally dont have drivers in linux while nvidia has god tier drivers

TRUE

Better driver support.
Faster
Cuda
Vulkan
Opengl
Lots of vram

>why a Linux user should buy this
>better driver support

>Linux respects your freedom and autonomy.
And is a bloated, monolithic, and insecure kernel

This is the only reason, Having to deal with the Nvidia blob driver is the worst thing ever.

That's because you've used it as a desktop card under Xorg here is a list of everything that fucking sucks with the nvidia driver:
No proper wayland support (eglstreams doesn't count)
Optimus is a fucking mess (even nouveau handles this better)
MultiGPU outside of SLI is nearly impossible for desktop sessions due to not properly implementing the DRI standard (DRI sinks not set up properly)
Broken Vulkan rendering when modesetting is enabled (not to mention that mailbox rendering is just straight broken)
The list goes on.

This. Apart from using CUDA stuff, there's no reason. The driver is ass compared to the AMD one, and the cards cost more per amount of gaming performance.

well back in my day, nvidia worked better than amd on linux. I hadn't read up on new cards/drivers so i assumed it was still true. I learned the hard way when I tried to set up my $500 nvidia card.

>And is a bloated, monolithic, and insecure kernel
kek

There's literally nothing wrong with proprietary software.

>Give me a single reason
CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA CUDA

Did I mention CUDA?

NVIDIA has me by the balls.

Nvidia's tensor cores and superior power efficiency are a minor footnote compared to CUDA and all the machine learning libraries which depend on it.

This is why I put my nvidia GPU in my NAS ran the driver blob headless and have an AMD GPU in my actual computer.

Monolithic kernels are faster.

Why do you put any GPU in a NAS? Or if it has no integrated graphics and won't boot without a GPU, get some pissant thing like a GT 710 that at least won't run up your power bill while doing nothing.

I assume he is remoting into the NAS to run something which requires CUDA. However, at that point it seems a bit disingenuous for him to call his server a NAS.

cause optimus and brickpad with eGPU

lmao. just read the wiki stupid

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-19_13-48-07.png (1600x900, 166K)

Are you mentally retarded? Why would you need a graphics card when you have no games?

so you can spend 12 hours trying to get the drivers to work for it on Linux and feel like you're a smart computer guy

For serious CUDA stuff you generally want a fairly strong CPU, which you probably don't want in an always on box like a NAS since that'll eat more power at idle. For CUDA work he could put it in his real computer as a secondary GPU.

>nvidia
>better driver support
>vulkan
>opengl
>lots of vram
You got me on the Cuda. But that can be easily replaced by HIP or even just pure opencl

>openCL
it's vulkan compute now bitch

>Linux respects your freedom and autonomy.
It used to, before redhat, canonical, and poeterring.

You use X11, you don't care about KMS or wayland, and you need multithreaded OpenGL rendering, or some exotic GL extensions that's broken on AMD.

If any of u fags dont know, nivida also locks most commerical gpus so you can’t use the driver if its detected. Only reason im with nivida because i got a refurbished from ebay. And if you use linux and u game ur fucking retarded.

>But that can be easily replaced
It's so easy, but no one does it.