Attached: Budgie.png (307x307, 15K)

long time no see, kevin

it's okay. better than gnome and pantheon anyway

thats not dwm

"other desktop environments"
>dwm

hm

That's not Plasma

Gnome sucks. Unity sucks. MATE sucks. And guess what? Budgie fucking sucks. Gnome is trash and this bullshit is lipstick on a deformed pig with AIDS.

Attached: hot_pocket_jpeg_artifacts.png (3060x3060, 3.86M)

Unless you want to be semantic, a fully realized WM is not distinct from a DE, unless you count the bloatware apps included with GNOME as part of its environment rather than just what they are: bloatware apps

>gtk

Attached: ajGLJDj5_700w_0.jpg (700x550, 52K)

>file browser
>disk/partition manager
>archive manager
>bloat

>t. weeb faggot

That's not deepin

None of those things should be tied to the window environment and literally all the ones that come with GNOME are horrible, horrible dogshit.

Thank god. Otherwise it might have turned out as horrible as KDE

I think that is pretty much what DEs are meant to be. They are a collection of tools(arguably bloat) plus a WM that are pre-configured to fit together well. If this definition is correct, then dwm definitely doesn't qualify as a DE.

Its so bad that cinnamon devs have been complaining for years and budgie is trying to replace it.

It's not an free toolkit anymore. Its the Gnome toolkit and other DEs will be borked not long after they switch to gtk4.

Arguably it is, since any functioning linux install has GNU coreutils, which contains all the necessary programs to do those things.

So funny how fans of the same thing fight each other

Attached: 1547871730353.jpg (499x499, 19K)

>not xfce

Attached: 1541503226118.png (714x718, 494K)

>desktop environment
lmao

What do you mean by "tied to"? Also your second comment is debatable. I hate the disks tool and the stock media player in Fedora but other than that I liked the OOTB behavior that the DE offers. I used to use lightweight distros and manually configure everything but I no longer have as much spare time to spend on just getting a usable workspace.

GNOME hijacks a lot of system default path checking and will forcibly shit open its menus or self-desired programs, no matter how hard you try.
Even just having GTK installed means you get a Nautilus filepicker, and there's nothing you can do about it.
The GNOME DE ecosystem is disgustingly built into itself and you can't unwind it.

nice abandonware

>t.

Attached: 1547595280800.jpg (540x707, 61K)

Yes, user, you're so cool and l33t for using a wm instead of a desktop environment, thanks for your contribution

>forcibly shit open its menus or self-desired programs
Lost me. Are you referring to setting default programs for file types?

You forgot to mention that it's near impossible to run Gnome without systemd.

Huh, its almost as if Redhat is trying to slowly monopolize the Linux sphere and IBM saw that.

Pretty gold but I just prefer GNOME on a computer that has the juice to handle it.

Build your own DE out of separate applications (preferably qt), don't use some pre-defined garbo

>qt

Attached: 1547313758812.gif (245x280, 1.3M)

it doesn't even look like the bird it's named after, fuck this garbage

>using anything else but qt
It's like you enjoy having several different versions of gtk combined with it's terrible fucking theme configuration

>tfw no verbally abusive loli gf

This is a reach.

fuck off kevin

What would you recommend instead?

motif

This KILLS dogs, please do not feed this to your dog!!!! PSA

Attached: chocolate.jpg (276x183, 6K)

If your dog is pussy enough to die from chocolate then it deserved it.

XFCE uses GTK though.

Isn't Kevin a macfag now?

Try again OP.

Attached: 1200px-Deepin_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 96K)

>loli

MATE sucks less than gnome
gnome 2 sucks worse than unity
gnome 3 sucked for years but now it's almost as good as gnome 2
cinnamon > all of the above
and KDE > cinnamon

Not him but using a wm has made me too much of a brainlet to use guis. It's getting to the point where I'm becoming worse at windows computers since they don't have my shortcuts or a bash shell.
>delete file
>it just goes in a bin
>still have to rm -rf the bin
>gotta navigate menus to find keyboard settings
>file? No. Open? No. Settings? Uhh...
>o-okay time to mess with my devices
>right click /dev/sdX1
>none of the things I want
It's just all so tiring.

>fucking theme configuration
You mean that asinine adwaita thing in the default neofetch?

KDE is literally the worst piece of shit out there. Call me when it actually works as intended.

There is no better DE than the KDE

Pick up the phone.

deepin your mother

Phone is ded. So is kde

yeah you're right op, I'm honestly surprised someone with nice taste made a thread for once.

Mate vs. Xfce. Go!

Attached: heckert_gnu.transparent.png (535x523, 40K)