Why can't AI do what the human brain can do?

Why can't AI do what the human brain can do?

Attached: 1548120665546.jpg (300x260, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openworm.org
resonance.is/confirmation-quantum-resonance-brain-microtubules/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-task_learning
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the brain is an interface that connects to your soul which exists outside of the material realm.

Why can't a TV come up with programs on its own? Same question.

Attached: scale-consciousness.jpg (490x399, 94K)

Well, we have very little knowledge on how the brain works. Ignoring that though, the processing power needed just to simulate the number of neurons in the human brain is astronomical. We have no computer anywhere near capable of it.

If you want an idea of how complex the task is, check this out: openworm.org
We can't even simulate a fucking nematode correctly yet. It's got about 300 neurons. A human brain has roughly 80 billion neurons.

Because the human brain is a quantum computer, not a normal computer. They're so different that there's literally even a "quantum turing test" to set it apart from the normal turing test because conventional computers cannot do certain things that TRUE quantum computers could do.
Emphasis on true, because probably every single thing you've heard about quantum computers in the media is hyped gimmicky fake quantum computers that merely use certain quantum process to merely improve slightly on conventional computers. They are NOT real quantum computers. We are nowhere near making real ones.

But your brain is a real one. Each neuron contains tons of microtubules which have been demonstrated to be able to maintain "warm quantum superpositions" that are completely stable and insulated from environmental factors, and that's literally all a "qubit" is (and scientists can only replicate under extremely cold temperatures and in a very limited fashion).
So each neuron in your head has thousands of "qubits".

>soul
Dumbass lol

>concretely ruling out the possibility that the impetus of life is external to its form

this but unironically

Deus ex machina

>tfw straight alpha

>concretely stating that the impetus of life is external to its form, despite literally 0 evidence supporting it

I made no such assertion. I simply refuse to rule it out.

>stating there's 0 evidence when there's plenty of evidence that people just dismiss

Be fucking glad; Soon as they create a computer/robot that can thank for itself we're fucked.

It'll take one look around or do some searches and reach one logical conclusion; We're fucking ourselves over big time, right into extinction due to stupid shit. Fighting over shit, global warming, or population growth to the point no more livable land. So it'll just "help" us along the path that much quicker.

A fellow enlightened individual I see.

Attached: 1521611022875.png (817x620, 18K)

>0 evidence
*blocks your path*

Attached: dmt-770x514.jpg (770x514, 256K)

No, you clearly stated "the brain IS an interface ...". That is a very explicit assertion.

I wish I had a dollar for every time some drugged up retard said he discovered the secret truth of the universe.

I wish you had the courage to once (1) smoke the breakthrough dose of DMT so you could shut the fuck up already with your idiotic unsubstantiated materialistic dogma.

>in b4 hurrrr it's chemicals
Yeah, right. Try it and tell me it's fucking chemicals when you're talking to the godhead.

>Drugs
Typical

>drug addict
Of course. Fuck off retard.

>I wish you had the courage to do drugs
Doing drugs isn't a badge of courage. It's a badge of cowardice.

DMT is not a drug, m8. I find it funny how you folks are so comically uneducated.

Let me school you. A drug is something that gets you high, e.g. you will feel how your state of mind changes. Sometimes it changes to really weird states like on heroin or ecstasy or whatever, and sometimes it changes quite subtly, like speed or some shit. More often than not, drugs are enjoyable.

HOWEVER. On DMT, there is no such thing. Let me tell you what happens on fucking DMT. You smoke that shit, and you disappear. The concept of you disappears. The room you were in, your fucking friends, they all disappear. For the first moment, it appears as if everything was made of fucking LEGO and they all exploded into vast nothingness. After that initial shock, what you're left with is a reality you didn't know about. No, you can't conceive of it. No, you can't even fucking write a book about it. Heck you can't write a library about it. That's because our human way of thinking, our very language, is TOO PRIMITIVE to describe it. It's so fucking weird that if aliens landed in a UFO in your backyard right now, and a purple tentacle monster popped out of the UFO, and asked you in perfect British English if it can suck your dick, that would be normal by comparison. Do you understand what I'm saying? That would be fucking NORMAL by comparison. When you smoke DMT, you go to a reality that is so FUCKING WEIRD that no amount of caps lock will convey this message to your dumb, stupid primitive ape brain. I can spend a lifetime telling you about how weird it is, and that would be a drop in the ocean compared to how weird it really is. You think DMT is fun? Is that what you think? LMAO. Try having fun when you're conversing with 30 billion extra dimensional entities at once while they're all giggling at you for being so amazed. When you come out of the DMT flash, you will need a minute or two to remember you're fucking human. You have no fucking clue m8. No fucking clue.

Attached: vswxagvinc521.jpg (2480x3508, 530K)

>No one pays any attention to the only accurate, real answer
>irrelevant bullshit gets all the (You)’s
I fucking hate you all.

> he fell for the soul meme
you got cucked, child

Attached: 14c.jpg (207x253, 17K)

Fuck off. Retards like you aren't helping the reputation of DMT, or any other drugs for that matter.

t. has never smoked DMT

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, child. Stick to weed if you don't want to be shocked out of your feeble, primitive mindset.

Hardware limitations is all there is.

There's a simple proof.
1. A neural network can implement any function - that is clean mathematically proven
2. function size is limited by hardware specs
3. hardware limits therefore imitation - you can't create a complex function with 2 neurons

I'm betting that with enough hardware everything we consider special in people will emerge as an emergent feature by itself.

>y-you haven't taken it
Okay buddy. Believe it or not, not everyone that does DMT turns into some delusional faggot spouting metaphysical nonsense on Tibetan basket weaving forums.

DMT is a drug

resonance.is/confirmation-quantum-resonance-brain-microtubules/

I mean, it makes sense honestly. We live in a quantum universe and we also KNOW that nature exploits quantum behaviors on a regular basis. There's even fucking plants that exploit QM for more efficient photosynthesis. Why the hell wouldn't something as complex as the human brain also exploit QM?
It actually starts to seem kind of silly that we ever thought the brain was like a simple binary computer.

Yeah, because you smoked a sub-threshold dose. Anyone can do that and proclaim to the world how they understand DMT. Let me repeat what I said two times already. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

>okay you might have smoked it b-but you didn't do enough of it
You're hilarious my friend. Try this board, it's more your style

Because no one knows what the brain can does.

How?

Thanks for singlehandedly lowering the average iq of this board by 10 points

feel

Very clever but very unintelligent comment.

You folks said there's no proof that we're immaterial beings in essence. I present that proof, and all you can say is drugs are bad m'kay. Sure thing. All I can say is you're not ready for the truth. It's like trying to describe to a caveman what a processor does. Enjoy your primitive worldview.

>My anecdote is proof because I said so.

If you want more than an anecdote, smoke it yourself. It's one of the safest drugs out there. Be sure to have a sitter anyway.

That wouldn't make it not an anecdote. If it went the way you want it to, it'd still just be my anecdote.

Then feel free to enjoy your primitive worldview which reduces you to mere atoms and describes the universe as dumb, dead and irrelevant.

My worldview is unimportant. An individual's experiences don't count as proof in science. DMT is - by definition - a hallucinogen. Have fun being literally delusional.

So it's a fucking drug then. Good to know you fucking junkie scum.

Yeah, because science can tell us everything; talk about being naive. Lets' just agree to disagree at this point. You think I'm dumb and delusional, and I think you're dumb and delusional. Clearly we won't get very far like that now will we.

kekking hard at imagining someone addicted to DMT, thx m8

Science isn't some entity, it's a method by which we observe the world and form a model to predict its interactions. Theoretically, the only things it shouldn't be able to tell us are related to purely abstracted things. That is, it can't explain exactly how ethics work because it's not measurable.

It's called a drug because there's no better word for it. But if you take you'll realize it's about as far from any drug as it can possibly get.

Also, calling me a junkie tells me you know absolutely nothing about it and you're an ignoramus. There's no way in hell you're going to get addicted to DMT, and physiologically it's one of the safest "drugs" on the planet.

Basically you are an underage moron, full of yourself, with very, very narrow worldview. Pray to god you never encounter the DMT elves because they will have way too much fun with your stupid little self-important ego. Whatever though. You'll grow up eventually. Maybe look into some existential philosophy if a direct route is too much for you. Some of it touches the truth. The problem is it just touches it though. It doesn't full on propel you into it.

Call me when science explains what came before the universe or how something can come from nothing. Until then, shut the fuck up. I've likely done much more science in my life than you have. I know how logic works better than you do. The difference is I don't put all my faith into it. I realize logic is a little more than a crutch in the grand scheme of things.

itt a druggie takes a mind-altering substance and tries to evangelize others to his warped outlook on life

Attached: 103.jpg (480x608, 70K)

How do we know that there is such a thing as "before the universe"? The problem you're encountering is that science relies on data. If there's data we can find from before then, then we can (possibly) explain what the universe was like. If there's not, then it'll forever be a question. Anything else is spiritual voodoo, and not falsifiable. If something isn't falsifiable, it's not a scientific question. It lies in the realm of, "shit we made up"

To be fair, that's a gross oversimplification, as ethics aren't necessarily "spiritual voodoo".

Drugs chemically induce an altered state of conciousness, that's exactly what DMT is

the fact that you think something is either science or shit we made up shows how limited your perspective is

>How do we know that there is such a thing as "before the universe"?
Logically speaking, there isn't, since time started at the moment of big bang. However, intuitively speaking, there must have been something, wouldn't you agree?

>Anything else is spiritual voodoo, and not falsifiable. If something isn't falsifiable, it's not a scientific question
I actually agree with you on this one. It is spiritual voodoo, and it's not falsifiable. And it's not a scientific question. In other words, it's not a question of science. Maybe some day you'll realize how primitive our science really is. Then again maybe not. I've been working closely with logic for the majority of my life. I'm no stranger to math and science. But I can see it for what it is. It's simply not powerful enough to answer the fundamental questions. It can't answer how life can exist. Heck it can't answer how the universe can exist. All science can really do is find repeatable phenomena, and formalize it. If you understand this statement alone, you're wiser than 90% of professional scientists.

Go read some Camus or Heidegger if you want a formal route that breaks everything you think you know about reality into tiny fragments. And if you want a direct route, find some fucking DMT and smoke it. You'll never, never underappreciate the weirdness of reality ever again. That much I can vouch for.

t. someone who's never tried it

I can understand your point of view, but it's so wrong I wouldn't know where to begin with. See this image, it hints at what is wrong with your line of thinking

dmt is produced in your brain when you sleep which leads to dreams
but i'd guess thats unconscious state

ITT: electrochemicals talking to electrochemicals through electromagnetism about electrochemicals affecting electrochemicals and their experience of electrochemicals

>but it's so wrong I wouldn't know where to begin with
you wouldn't know where to begin because you have zero arguments

>le psychedelic meme
deleriants and dissociatives will show you much more. You'll eventually come full circle and realise that you and your drug induced delusions are nothing.

Attached: datura.jpg (1000x750, 97K)

Datura is dangerous as fuck. Please don't ever do it. It can cause permanent brain damage. There's many much safer drugs out there.

top kek

Attached: download (2).jpg (1300x957, 133K)

>le what if you poison yourself with datura and fucking die better not do it
>le what if you poison yourself with alcohol and fucking die better not do it
le what if you poison yourself with opiates and fucking die better not do it
>le what if you poison yourself with benzos and fucking die better not do it
>le what if you hurt yourself with lsd and fucking die better not do it
>le what if you hurt yourself with dxm and fucking die better not do it
I hate you 'psychonaut' consciousness '""""explorers""""" who say you're uncovering the secrets of the universe in your drug addled delusions but won't even take a risk to get there. Roll the fucking dice you coward.
Leary and McKenna were fucking fags btw.

Attached: robojak.jpg (309x798, 79K)

Datura really is fucking dangerous. You can't dose it properly, and it's not a psychedelic in a classical sense. It contains toxins and the wrong dice roll will leave you a retard for the rest of your life. And if you do get lucky and get into the Datura space, you'll regret taking it for the rest of your life. The spirit of Datura doesn't like trespassers. You've been fucking warned.

It's funny how drug users think they're spiritual but they can't have a spiritual experience without relying on a material substance

Go right ahead and meditate up on a mountain top for 15 years straight if you have the time, will, or patience for it.

this idea is not retarded. DMT is released upon death. The idea is the compound is what transports our "self" to the next stage of life. Not saying its true, it has no falsifiability, yet. Just don't rule it out.

That's not required either

>but you c-can't d-dose it p-properly
Good thing pharmaceuticals exist, shame you're too incompetent to figure out a substitute. Just admit that you're too scared to take something that isn't all rainbows and lollipops, burnout.

Attached: kwells.jpg (700x525, 63K)

>Why can't AI do what the human brain can do?
take DMT. have you guys heard about it?

The human brain is a hodgepodge of spaghetti code that limped along under the creative control of different developer teams with different ideas of where to take the project (good at climbing trees, good at endurance running, good at sailing, good at urban socialization).
It's similar to why there's no reliable emulation for the original Xbox. There's nothing special about the architecture, it's just obtuse to work with. AI will be what the human mind can never be; perfect in the eyes of the beholder (human mind).

>talking about drugs on a straight-edge forum
embarassing

>Why can't AI do what the human brain can do?
Even the deepest artificial neural networks are fucking tiny compared to the human brain. The best measure for comparing the complexity of two machine learning models is the number of trainable parameters. If a neural network has 100 million parameters then it is HUGE by today's standards and would be very difficult to train. The human brain has 150 trillion synapses. If each synapse is analogous to a trainable parameter, then the human brain is many orders of magnitudes more complex than any artificial neural network.

The next question is why it is infeasible to train a model that is as complex as the human brain. There are three main reasons.
1) The more complex a model is, the more prone it is to a problem known as "overfitting". Overfitting basically just means memorizing the training dataset without learning anything meaningful. The best way to combat overfitting is to increase the size of the training set. Unfortunately, collecting and sanitizing training data can sometimes be very expensive.
2) Neural networks are trained using gradient descent. This basically means testing the network, taking the derivative of the magnitude of its mistakes with respect to each of the parameters in the model, adjusting the parameters slightly to minimize the error function, and repeating this process until the parameters converge to locally optimal solutions. Unfortunately, as you increase the number of layers in the network, the gradients of the parameters near the input become tiny. At some point, it becomes impossible to add additional layers without making other layers impossible to train.
3) Large models require more processing power to train and use. Even massive organizations like Google have a finite number of GPUs and TPUs.

As a side note, the reason it is better to compare the number of trainable parameters than the number of "neurons" is that there are different types of neurons which behave very differently. It would be unfair to compare a fully connected neuron to a convolutional filter or an LSTM memory cell.

A single neural network is supposed to take care of one single task. You can't expect to shove whatever garbage in it and expect "thinking" to happen in the hidden layer. You can't train something like that no matter how many resources you have, and that's not how the human mind works.

Attached: 1546103151829.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

>Because the human brain is a quantum computer, not a normal computer.

lmfao

Eh, isn't unheard of to have auxiliary outputs with some shared layers. If all the tasks are closely related then it can actually make the network easier to train.

See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-task_learning

Youre fucking retarded.
T. Smoked DMT in uni

Attached: 1511442680_23754682_10215305588212430_1380445212684780064_n.jpg (419x610, 39K)

meh, done it 10x since it grows all over the place (in gardens) here in Belgium
dream-augmented reality ftw

Basically this. The brain is hardwired directly into the simulation and hence is only one level deep, e.g. the brain can do things in polynomial time (relative to outside the simulation)
Meanwhile everything we do with a non-quantum computer will be in exponential time since it's a simulation within a simulation.
This is all assuming P != NP