Google to kill uBlock

ghacks.net/2019/01/22/chrome-extension-manifest-v3-could-end-ublock-origin-for-chrome/

Attached: th.jpg (474x632, 30K)

alah snackbar kys

>using chrome
hahahahahawhwhhahahahaha aahaha jesus

Chrome is fucking stupid anyways

Attached: 5C4F4F84-CC87-4982-BE59-1EFA279B278F.jpg (748x1200, 89K)

The joy of capitalism.

who cares

I've blocked updating Firefox ESR and still run my old addons. It is a bit sluggish and uses far too much memory but hey. Better than having to deal with shit like this.

dumb thread

1. lots of work arounds for blockers.

2. this will stop other blockers that harvest user data and overall fuck over their users

3. chrome will have more development into built in blockers for seriously intrusive ads.

You can install extensions outside of the store, retard.

I'm using Chromium, they will just fork that one API to still support it and nobody can stop it, freetards ftw.

>he does not understand what Google are doing.
It's in Google Chrome itself. They are changing the allowable blocks in Chromes code and addons will be tied to that code.

1. Which adds unnecessary workload to the developer
2. "There will be less people commit crimes if you killed all human, therefore we should kill all human." AI tier logic.
3. All content, ads or not, seriously intrusive or not, should be under users control entirely.
4. Reddit spacing. Not surprised at all.

enjoy your ads bootlicker

Why block ads? I always buy what they advertise and share with my friends all the great services I enjoy.
Why do you want to kill the internet?

agreed, fuck chrome
>reddit spacing
god why are you faggots coming here, do I really need to go to 8ch to get away from you idiots?

Attached: luigi.png (286x485, 115K)

(You)

>extension manifesto
Is Chrime the elliot rodger of web browsers?

yes, we ad-blocking users will now get to experience (((their))) retribution.

just started using ungoogled chromium. guess I'll be using firefox again once shit hits the fan.
can anyone share their experience with external content blockers such as privoxy? what about https? I know you could technically mitm yourself with your proxy to be able to block ads while using https.

Attached: 220px-Privoxy_Icon.png (220x220, 42K)

>firefox again
But firefox is now reskinned chrome. So is Microsoft Edge. The only option now is Safari. There are no more viable alternatives. Apple has won the war.

>nodejs
Not thanks. this is bloat.

You do realize Chromium is where this change is being made, right? Chrome is based on Chromium, not the other way around. Chromium is developed by Google.

incorrect, firefox is the only browser not based on chromium

Didn't they switch to blink/whatever that's called as well?

They didn't, you idiot.

External blockers are dogshit for multiple reasons:
- can't temporarily unblock for just one user on one platform, which is necessary to enter work-related sites sometimes
- many ads are served on the same domain as the content you're trying to view precisely to circumvent these
- Jow Forums-like cancer ads injected by js can't be blocked
- monitoring scripts that kill everything if a connection can't be made can't be stopped in the usual way and need specific workarounds not possible with external blockers
- no way to modify the rules for one user permanently
etc.

They built their own engine and aren't using blink/webkit, but they're making it work as much like blink/webkit as possible, to the point they even changed their superior addon system to chrome's, even though that was the only thing they still had over chrome.

Rip, Chrome marketshare has peaked
It will be the next IE

>Have to use Firefox now
Kill me.

>have to rebuild system image to include video codecs because firefox doesnt have any
FUCK THIS WORLD

They're now the slower chrome.

Right now the only way for firefox to be better is for chrome to be worse, manifestV3 is not a reality yet and if they don't make it more powerful they'll cripple their extensions so i'm not that sure that this will be implemented as it is now.

However other minor browsers have now a chance to appeal some users by patching their browsers to keep the old webrequest api as it is, or even implement one similar of the firefox one.

>chrome will have more development into built in blockers for seriously intrusive ads
I do not want to block only intrusive ads. I want to block ALL ads. Fortunately, I use Firefox, and uBlock for Firefox does not need to change at all.

Firefox's old add-on system was shit. Sure it was powerful and could do basically anything, but that came at the cost of breaking every update because it was too tightly coupled to the browser.

Copying Chrome's extension API and adding back removed features over time is unironically the best thing they could do.